PMP VLC 0.0.9 Player

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I uploaded a mirror to my own webspace here:

Binaries
Source

@jockyw: If you want, I can also mirror your subsequent versions and probably also give you FTP access to your own directory, if you don't abuse it ;)
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

Spike Lee:You the man, Ralph :)

Thanks.
Porkape

Post by Porkape »

jockyw2001 wrote:I'll post 0.0.9 tomorrow.

You are doing God's work by allowing me to watch TV on the PSP, I have my fingers crossed for channel browse feature. BTW, how do I have VLC scan my channel list? Cheers.
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Porkape wrote:You are doing God's work by allowing me to watch TV on the PSP, I have my fingers crossed for channel browse feature. BTW, how do I have VLC scan my channel list? Cheers.
It'll take me a bit longer to get rid of some bugs. For sure that wouldn't happen to God :)

@Raphael: Thx much appreciated, will drop you a PM when I'm done.
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Finally a new version 0.0.9 ....

This one has AVC hardware video decoding support. Now you can see live TV and DVDs on your psp in high quality. That's 25 frames per second and in full screen (480x272).

Download links and up to date info are available in the first post in this thread.

Important!

=> you must use the supplied VLC package for AVC to work
=> the settings file pmp.ini has changed !
=> pmp.ini now contains a switch to enable AVC, and set horizontal and vertical resolution to 480x272 if you use AVC
=> before playing AVC (live)streams you should play VLC-ENABLE.avi from memstick
=> to test installation first try to play VLC-ENABLE.avi from memstick. It should play no matter what settings are made in pmp.ini. Then try to play a file from your video directory.

Have fun,
JockyW

@Raphael: would be nice if you can put the files on your webspace.
Last edited by jockyw2001 on Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
thejew

Post by thejew »

Thx Jockyw for this update, i was looking every few hours in the last day for an update :D. i ve been using your program since the beginning. Mostly to stream my TV.
I got mad when i saw that you added AVC support :) thats really awesome! But i cant get it to work probably. Does it work at all with live streaming?
I tried several times with different settings.
This is how i think it should work?:
My PC with TV card sends the stream with h264 (512 kbps) codec and mp3 (128 kbps). I then opened up VLC on PSP, played the VLC-ENABLE.avi and after that i start the live stream but it allways gives me some error, it seems it doesnt recognize my stream as AVC, becouse when i switch the hardware encoding off everything works fine, even with h264 its just a little slow couse no hardware encoding i guess. Maybe it aint work with HW AVC couse my TV stream is send in 320 * 240, you mentioned somewhere that it should be 480. Sadly i aint got any movie with 480 that i could try out :(

If i use my old settings (DIV3 768 kbps, MP3 64 kbps) it works very well, its more flewent than the last version, but it doesnt seem as stable as the last version.
The aspect ratio button you implemented is great even if i mostly use full screen anyway :)

My english aint the best so if you got more questions or dont understand something feel free to ask.
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

thejew wrote:This is how i think it should work?:
My PC with TV card sends the stream with h264 (512 kbps) codec and mp3 (128 kbps). I then opened up VLC on PSP, played the VLC-ENABLE.avi and after that i start the live stream but it allways gives me some error, ...
Make sure that the resolution is set to 480x272, use this in VLC:

Code: Select all

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=800,width=480,height=272,fps=25,venc=x264{me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1},acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=2}:std{access=http,mux=ts,url=0.0.0.0:1234}
If you want to stream with 320x240 then you must create a VLC-ENABLE.avi in 320x240 which you need to shortly play from memstick before live stream playback. You can create such a clip with any name by yourself by using vlc as transcoding tool as described in Annex5. I hope I can soon solve that issue since that really sucks ...
If i use my old settings (DIV3 768 kbps, MP3 64 kbps) it works very well, its more flewent than the last version, but it doesnt seem as stable as the last version.
Please describe what happens.

Concerning stability and performance there is a lot to do and the next version will therefore be based on PMP MOD AVC 1.02. That will also pave the way for a nice GUI sometime later.

Thx for your feedback and keep testing!
thejew

Post by thejew »

Make sure that the resolution is set to 480x272, use this in VLC:
Code:

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=800,width=480,height=272,fps=25,venc=x264{me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1},acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=2}:std{access=http,mux=ts,url=0.0.0.0:1234}

I tried it with these settings and it worked, i didnt knew that VLC could output (stream) different than the native resolution, or i thought it would be more complicated :)

Only problem is that my PC with the TV card doesnt seem to be fast enough for h264 encoding :) its on 100 % CPU all the time and the picture is a little slugish, but quality is awesome :). Its an 2100 XP but underclocked to 1700 XP couse it usually aint got much to do, and its crazy hot here in the last weeks so it been more stable like that. I will try it again in the evening when its a little cooler, couse i think its just a few frames that are missing. Hopefully it will run good at stockspeed.

About that its not that stable like the last version:
I usually run around all over my flat with the PSP, and sometimes the signal is not that good. The old version (0.0.8) start to get lagy but when i came closer toi my router again it kept goin and everything was allright. With the new version it just stops playing and hangs totally. Really a minor
issue.

But i found another bug:
I cant acces the video files without having a VLC Server running. If i wont to start the VLC-Enable.avi . So i allways have 2 VLC now open, a bit annoying.
That allthough means that you cant acces files from the mem stick as long you dont connect to VLC server :)

Hope you got it all, couse it really aint that easy to descrioe problems in a non native language :D

Thx for the quick reply! Looking forward to the PMP MOD AVC version :D
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

thejew wrote:Only problem is that my PC with the TV card doesnt seem to be fast enough for h264 encoding :) its on 100 % CPU all the time and the picture is a little slugish, but quality is awesome :)
Yes, h264 encoding puts a higher load on your cpu than DIV3. You should create a "VLC-ENABLE.avi" in 320x240 and reduce the VLC transcode resolution also to 320x240. Furthermore you can try reducing the framerate (fps) to 20fps and the audio bitrate (ab) to 48. That will help offloading your cpu without losing quality.
About that its not that stable like the last version:
I usually run around all over my flat with the PSP, and sometimes the signal is not that good. The old version (0.0.8) start to get lagy but when i came closer toi my router again it kept goin and everything was allright. With the new version it just stops playing and hangs totally.
Did you compare with the same pmp.ini settings as in 0.0.8?
But i found another bug:
I cant acces the video files without having a VLC Server running. If i wont to start the VLC-Enable.avi . So i allways have 2 VLC now open, a bit annoying. That allthough means that you cant acces files from the mem stick as long you dont connect to VLC server :)
You can, just press select and play the file from memstick before you enable the network :)
Porkape

Post by Porkape »

Huzzah! for the update. Now that it streams with better resolution. Should I still be using

sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=600,width=360,height=272,fps=25,acodec=mp3,ab=48,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=ogg,url=0.0.0.0:1234}}
to stream live TV? Thanks

UPDATE: After trying out both the settings to stream live TV I get an error on the PSP end which says
AVC error: sceMpegAVCDecode failed. Press square to stop playback
. I don't see any video during this but I do hear audio for a short while before everything stops and the error remains without freezing or crashing the PSP and I am able to get out to the file selection screen.

To update to version 0.0.9 I simply kept all my initial settings on the PC since I already run the newest VLC and just copied over the 2 PSPVLC folders on the PSP after changing the .ini file of course. Any ideas where I messed up?
Last edited by Porkape on Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Itaintrite

Post by Itaintrite »

Sorry but I still can't get mine to work. I've done everything accordling to the instructions. Uninstalled VLC, installed new one. edit PMP.ini, forward ports, you name it. I can load the PSP client and connect to network (assign IP), but everytime I click on Video/Music, my PSP freezes. What could be the problem?

BTW, what do I have to do with those .nvo files in the VLC folder?

Any help will be appreciated.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Sorry to say it's the same for me. With 0.0.9 it just locks up (enable network on front page, go to Video, network light flashes a bit, then nothing else). If I then reboot PSP and run 0.0.8 (no change on the VLC end), it works fine. I'm sure I've got pmp.ini right, I tried it a half dozen times.

Jim
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

I know PMP VLC isn't an easy to use appliance and unfortunately it got even more complicated with v0.0.9 :)

I will try to bring you all up to speed now, because it is great fun when it works. But before you start reading the guidelines below, first read the instructions in the first post and make sure you have installed the supplied VLC 0.8.5 which is absolutely necessary for streaming the proprietary formatted AVC streams and decode them using the AVC hardware in the PSP. Also make sure you have put the supplied file VLC-ENABLE.avi on your memstick.

There are 4 cases I will present here and for each I will give the recommended and for sure working pmp.ini file where you should only update the wlan connection (con), IP addresses, the directories and the DVD drive letter.

They are:
1. streaming files from a videodirectory or DVD/SVCD/VCD *without* AVC hardware decoding in standard quality
2. streaming files from a videodirectory or DVD/SVCD/VCD *with* AVC hardware decoding in high quality
3. streaming live streams *without* AVC hardware decoding in standard quality
4. streaming live streams *with* AVC hardware decoding in high quality

(I will also add this text to the instructions in my first post and will put the pmp.ini files for download)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. streaming files from a videodirectory or DVD/SVCD/VCD *without* AVC hardware decoding in standard quality

- copy the pmp.ini as given below to /PSP/GAME/PMPVLC009_JockyW on your memstick (you should modify IPs, dirs and dvd driveletter first!)
- start VLC, then start PMP VLC, enable network with right trigger, press select, select video, select a videofile prefixed with net:/ and it should play just fine

# Net Io Config 
[net] 
con          = 1;    
vlc_server    = 192.168.1.13; 
vlc_port   = 8080; 

pmp_server    = 192.168.1.13; 
pmp_port   = 3333; 

debug        = 0; 

videopath1   = c:\Movies\; 
videopath2   = ; 
videopath3   = ; 
videopath4   = ; 
videopath5   = ; 

musicpath1   = c:\Music\; 
musicpath2   = ; 
musicpath3   = ; 
musicpath4   = ; 
musicpath5   = ; 

dvd_drive   = e: 

# VLC transcoding settings 
[transcode] 
res_horiz   = 360; 
res_vert   = 272; 
use_avc_hw   = 0; 
vid_codec = DIV3; 
vid_bitrate = 600; 
vid_fps = 25; 
venc = x264{me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1}; 

aud_codec = mp3; 
aud_bitrate   = 48; 
aud_channels   = 2; 
resample      = 0; 
aud_samplerate   = 44100; 

container = ogg; 

# live stream server 
[live] 
liveserver   = 192.168.1.13; 
liveport   = 1234;
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. streaming files from a videodirectory or DVD/SVCD/VCD *with* AVC hardware decoding in high quality

- copy the pmp.ini as given below to /PSP/GAME/PMPVLC009_JockyW on your memstick (you should modify IPs, dirs and dvd driveletter first!)
- start VLC, then start PMP VLC, press select and play VLC-ENABLE.avi from memstick, just a few seconds is sufficient, now enable network with right trigger, press select, select video, select a videofile prefixed with net:/ and it should play just fine

# Net Io Config 
[net] 
con          = 1;    
vlc_port   = 8080; 

pmp_port   = 3333; 

debug        = 0; 

videopath2   = ; 
videopath3   = ; 
videopath4   = ; 
videopath5   = ; 

musicpath2   = ; 
musicpath3   = ; 
musicpath4   = ; 
musicpath5   = ; 

dvd_drive   = e: 

[transcode] 
res_horiz   = 480; 
res_vert   = 272; 
use_avc_hw   = 1; 
vid_codec = DIV3; 
vid_bitrate = 600; 
vid_fps = 25; 
venc = x264{me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1}; 

aud_codec = mp3; 
aud_bitrate   = 64; 
aud_channels   = 2; 
resample      = 0; 

container = ogg; 

# live stream server 
[live] 
liveport   = 1234;
3. streaming live streams *without* AVC hardware decoding in standard quality

- start VLC and follow Annex3 of the manual (see first post). Use this transcode line:

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=600,width=360,height=272,fps=25,acodec=mp3,ab=48,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=ogg,url=0.0.0.0:1234}}
-then start PMP VLC, enable network with right trigger, press select, select live stream and it should play just fine
Note: except for use_avc_hw the [transcode] settings in pmp.ini are not used at all when watching live streams. The transcode settings are all in the line given above which you directly enter in VLC !

# Net Io Config 
[net] 
con          = 1;    
vlc_port   = 8080; 

pmp_port   = 3333; 

debug        = 0; 

videopath2   = ; 
videopath3   = ; 
videopath4   = ; 
videopath5   = ; 

musicpath2   = ; 
musicpath3   = ; 
musicpath4   = ; 
musicpath5   = ; 

dvd_drive   = e: 

[transcode] 
res_horiz   = 360; 
res_vert   = 272; 
use_avc_hw   = 0; 
vid_codec = DIV3; 
vid_bitrate = 600; 
vid_fps = 25; 

aud_codec = mp3; 
aud_bitrate   = 48; 
aud_channels   = 2; 
resample      = 0; 

container = ogg; 

# live stream server 
[live] 
liveport   = 1234;
4. streaming live streams *with* AVC hardware decoding in high quality
- start VLC and follow Annex3 of the manual (see first post). Use this transcode line:

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=600,width=480,height=272,fps=25,venc=x264{me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1},acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=2}:std{access=http,mux=ts,url=0.0.0.0:1234}
- start VLC, then start PMP VLC, press select and play VLC-ENABLE.avi from memstick, just a few seconds is sufficient, now enable network with right trigger, press select, select video, select a videofile prefixed with net:/ and it should play just fine
- Back in the main menu now enable network with right trigger, press select, select live stream and it should play just fine
Note: except for use_avc_hw the [transcode] settings in pmp.ini are not used at all when watching live streams. The transcode settings are all in the line given above which you directly feed in VLC !

# Net Io Config 
[net] 
con          = 1;    
vlc_port   = 8080; 

pmp_port   = 3333; 

debug        = 0; 

videopath2   = ; 
videopath3   = ; 
videopath4   = ; 
videopath5   = ; 

musicpath2   = ; 
musicpath3   = ; 
musicpath4   = ; 
musicpath5   = ; 

dvd_drive   = e: 

[transcode] 
res_horiz   = 360; 
res_vert   = 272; 
use_avc_hw   = 1; 
vid_codec = DIV3; 
vid_bitrate = 600; 
vid_fps = 25; 

aud_codec = mp3; 
aud_bitrate   = 64; 
aud_channels   = 2; 
resample      = 0; 

container = ogg; 

# live stream server 
[live] 
liveport   = 1234;
EDIT: changed the audio bitrate for the AVC versions from 48 to 64 which works better ...
Last edited by jockyw2001 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mondy

Post by Mondy »

Hey guys after a few trys I have gotten this to work...

I had to do a few other things first though.

Copy VLC-ENABLE.avi into your videopath1 folder and also copy it to your memory stick on your psp into the x:/psp/video/ folder.

Then follow the instructions like this

- start VLC, then start PMP VLC, enable network with right trigger, press select and play VLC-ENABLE.avi from memstick, just a few seconds is sufficient, now press square to stop playing the video, press select, select video, select a videofile prefixed with net:/ and it should play just fine

And thats how i got it to work for me. Unfortuanly it puts too much of a strain on my pc but it might help some of you out there.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I'm a little late (was away yesterday), but here's the mirror for the files:

Binary
Source

Regards :)
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Mondy wrote:I had to do a few other things first though.

Copy VLC-ENABLE.avi into your videopath1 folder and also copy it to your memory stick on your psp into the x:/psp/video/ folder.
it shouldn't be necessary to copy VLC-ENABLE.avi to your videopath1
Unfortunately it puts too much of a strain on my pc but it might help some of you out there.
don't know if you found this by streaming VLC-ENABLE.avi because that would be a rather unfortunate choice for a first test :) The thing being that on your PC vlc must decode a h264+mp3 stream and then recode it again in h264+mp3. Both h264 de- and encoding are very cpu intensive.
Mondy

Post by Mondy »

jockyw2001 wrote:it shouldn't be necessary to copy VLC-ENABLE.avi to your videopath1
True but considering the file size I didnt see any harm in it and its working for me now.

jockyw2001 wrote: don't know if you found this by streaming VLC-ENABLE.avi because that would be a rather unfortunate choice for a first test :) The thing being that on your PC vlc must decode a h264+mp3 stream and then recode it again in h264+mp3. Both h264 de- and encoding are very cpu intensive.
Ah no i had a problem with the high quality mode no matter what i tried to watch. PC was at 99% so i decided to just use the standard quality mode for now.

Anyway congrats with the app jockyw2001 its working great so far.
cocco

Post by cocco »

hi
i have a problem...
i used it to stream the webcam to the psp
with 0.8 it works..
some little probs (transcoding url to long so i have to made a m3u playlist) but works great.

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,PSPcam
#EXTVLCOPT:dshow-vdev=D-Link VGA Webcam
#EXTVLCOPT:dshow-adev=EyeToy USB camera Namtai
#EXTVLCOPT:dshow-size=640x480
#EXTVLCOPT:meta-title=PSPcam
#EXTVLCOPT:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=600,cropbottom=64,croptop=64,width=480,height=272,fps=25,acodec=mp3,ab=32,channels=1}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=http,mux=ogg,url=0.0.0.0:1234}}
dshow://
edit...te webcam is ps2 eyetoy ;o)

now im going rally crazy ... i can't acces to the video folder with the new 0.9 one....
all work but can't access to music and to video folder to play "VLC-ENABLE.AVI"
any suggestions?
thejew

Post by thejew »

Yes, h264 encoding puts a higher load on your cpu than DIV3. You should create a "VLC-ENABLE.avi" in 320x240 and reduce the VLC transcode resolution also to 320x240. Furthermore you can try reducing the framerate (fps) to 20fps and the audio bitrate (ab) to 48. That will help offloading your cpu without losing quality.
Ok i made my own VLC-ENABLE.avi file for 320 * 240, but PSP VLC doesnt like it, it takes a little time to load and then it just displays the first frame (once played a very little) and then it crashes with a blue box on the bottom. I treid it with 2 different source movies with the same result, just as a check reencoded 1 movie again at 420 * 278 and it worked. So seems that it doesnt like 320 * 240 at all with HW_AVC enabled. Sad becouse my CPU usage dropped a lot with reducing the resolution. I may try again with other resolutions any suggestion what could work except 420 * 278?
You can, just press select and play the file from memstick before you enable the network :)
This is exactly what doesnt work, if you do so it will hang on pressing "O" on Video. Tried it about 5 times to be 100 % sure.

Something else i noticed is that the new version doesnt work anymore when started from IRShell, the last version did this very well (quite usefull, couse you can restart through IRSshell when PSP VLC hangs :)
Its starting IRShell but it will hang after a few seconds of streaming even with DIV3, allthough tried this several times to be sure that its none random crash.
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

@cocco, @thejew:
You seem to have the same problem in that you can not access the video and music folders. Is this the case when network is off or on or in both cases? If you have this problem when network is off then please check if you have the required directories /PSP/MUSIC and /PSP/VIDEO on your memstick. If this only happens when network is on then perhaps VLC isn't installed correctly. Please uninstall it, delete the directory manually afterwards, delete the preferences and cache directory and then reinstall the supplied VLC.

@thejew: I will create a 320x240 clip and post it. Concerning IRShell, I have never used that, but perhaps there is a conflict where PMP VLC can not initialize the AVC hardware when use_avc_hw =1 is set and then can not start. Or perhaps there is a memory allocation problem.
DocMAX

Post by DocMAX »

also got same problem as other people here.

when selecting VIDEO with Network disabled, VLC freezes
when selecting MUSIC VLC crashes
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Hmm it seems you guys have a faulty pmp.ini.
@docmax: Can you post your pmp.ini ?
DocMAX

Post by DocMAX »

# Net Io Config
[net]
con = 1;
vlc_server = 192.168.1.3;
vlc_port = 8080;

pmp_server = 192.168.1.3;
pmp_port = 3333;

debug = 0;

videopath1 = D:\_BURN\VID\;
videopath2 = ;
videopath3 = ;
videopath4 = ;
videopath5 = ;

musicpath1 = ;
musicpath2 = ;
musicpath3 = ;
musicpath4 = ;
musicpath5 = ;

dvd_drive = g:

[transcode]
# set res_horiz = 360 for better performance
res_horiz = 480;
res_vert = 272;

# use_avc_hw is heavily experimental !!
# if set to 1 then automatically vid_codec = h264, aud_codec = mp3, and container = ts are set
# your pmp.ini settings are then superseded
use_avc_hw = 1;

#vid_codec = DIV3;
#vid_codec = mp1v;
#vid_codec = mp2v;
#vid_codec = mp4v;
#vid_codec = DIV1;
#vid_codec = DIV2;
#vid_codec = h263;
vid_codec = h264;
#vid_codec = WMV1;
#vid_codec = WMV2;
#vid_codec = mjpg;
#vid_codec = theo;

vid_bitrate = 800;
vid_fps = 25;

# next transcoding parameter is only used if vid_codec = h264 !!

#aud_codec = mpga;
#aud_codec = mp2a;
aud_codec = mp3;
#aud_codec = mp4a;
#aud_codec = a52;
#aud_codec = vorb;
#aud_codec = flac;
#aud_codec = spx;
#aud_codec = s16l;
#aud_codec = fl32;

aud_bitrate = 64;
aud_channels = 2;

# resampling is not required on VLC server, it's just for experimenting
resample = 0;
aud_samplerate = 44100;

#container = ogg;
container = ts;
#container = ps;
#container = mpeg1;
#container = mp4;
#container = mov;
#container = wav;
#container = raw;
#container = asf;
#container = asfh;
#container = mpjpeg;

# live stream server
[live]
liveserver = 192.168.1.3;
liveport = 1234;
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Thx, I can't spot an obvious error, but try this:
- end the dvd_drive line with a semicolon (';')
- try another videopath1 e.g. c:\video\;
DocMAX

Post by DocMAX »

thanks!

doesn't work. perhaps my PSP/VIDEO and PSP/MUSIC folders are filled with non-conform filenames/filenamelengths? i cant figure out the problem.
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Did you have this prob also with PMP VLC 0.0.8 ?
If you want try backing up both memstick folders and only put 1 or 2 files with "normal" filenames. Perhaps there is indeed a buffer overflow because of #files or filenamelength
cocco

Post by cocco »

DocMAX wrote:also got same problem as other people here.

yes i have the exactly same problem..

changed "g:" in "g:\;" and "g:"

have MUSIC(5 mp3's ) folder and VIDEO(1 .wmv and the VLC-ENABLE.AVI) folder

when i press circle to enter in video the orange led load's just 0,2 sec and then it freezes pmp vlc

when pressing circle over music folder crashges psp bottom blue screen

when entering in life stream (webcam) i get the mpeg decode avc error cuz i havent played the VLC-ENABLE.AVI ... inaccessible

on 0.0.8 all worksfine

EDIT : it is possible that if we resave the ini it change the format..
in notepad i see squares as newline
but when i resave there are newlines
Last edited by cocco on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
DocMAX

Post by DocMAX »

PMP VLC 0.0.8 works. i will check if the old pmp.ini will work with the new version... perhaps there is a problem with the layout...

EDIT: ok, doesn't work. it seems that it hasnt to do with the INI.
DocMAX

Post by DocMAX »

cocco wrote:
DocMAX wrote:also got same problem as other people here.

yes i have the exactly same problem..

changed "g:" in "g:\;" and "g:"

have MUSIC(5 mp3's ) folder and VIDEO(1 .wmv and the VLC-ENABLE.AVI) folder

when i press circle to enter in video the orange led load's just 0,2 sec and then it freezes pmp vlc

when pressing circle over music folder crashges psp bottom blue screen

when entering in life stream (webcam) i get the mpeg decode avc error cuz i havent played the VLC-ENABLE.AVI ... inaccessible

on 0.0.8 all worksfine
couldn't describe it better. same problem here.
NewScarab

Post by NewScarab »

Hallo,

sorry for my bad english, but I've got a problem connecting the PSP to my PC. I am using the Version 0.0.9
I've got a WLAN USB Stick connected to my PC and an Access Point at Home. Which IP do I have to write in the pmp.ini file? I've tried both of them but nothing happens when switching on the Network Wifi in PMPVLC.

The Error Messaage is: could not initialise the network 80000020.

What properties do I have to set in Windows for the WLAN USB Stick?
The Video File List via html is shown in webbrowser but thats my IP I use for the connection to my access point via ethernet cable.

I don't get it, your readme is a little bit strange to me :).

Hope you can help me :)