WipEout Observations/ Possiblites

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

timesplitter88

WipEout Observations/ Possiblites

Post by timesplitter88 »

Hi, I am a member of the Playstation Gamer Advisory Panel. A few days ago Sony emailed me a servey about music in video games. They asked me questions like : If you could access exclusive downloadable music content for your games would you be interested? Would you rather download your own music or download exclusive tracks? Would you buy a game just because your favorite band has their music in that game etc...
Well, heres just a thought I had: If coming soon for Wipeout they will have downloadable music/tracks/vehicles etc, then would it not be possible to somehow insert our own music on the game via the memory stick or would that require some kind of firmware update? Im a total n00b to this I will admit, but that thought just came into my head after reading all the brilliant and awesome work you guys are brewing up so far. Well anyways, this is just something else to pick at your brain. If its already been discussed, im sorry like i said im new to this and im just putting in my $0.02 and help you guys out! Good luck! :)
jonypawks

Post by jonypawks »

I'm pretty new to all this too but I'm almost positive that it would not update the firmware for this. It seems really odd that they would require a firmware update for downloadable content. I imagine it would be stored on the memory stick, that makes the most sense to me. I imagine it would be stored with the saved game and that it would be in Sony's ATRAC3 format. But who knows, it could store it in your music folder so you could listen to it outside of the game. But this is just what I think, and could be completely wrong.
Damn the man!
drewsnwbrdr01

Getting by frames on the PSP

Post by drewsnwbrdr01 »

just go online and find the source code for the frame that you want to view. in the wipeout browser search box form, type in the address followed by the framesource.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Moved to the PSP General Discussion.
"He was warned..."
Sir_LANs-a-lot

Post by Sir_LANs-a-lot »

I'd like to be able to play my own MP3s in game if I choose (Like you can play your own CDs in GTA3 on XBox).

Just my $0.02
[Sir_LANs-a-lot]