Web Browser in Wipeout???

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Cone

Web Browser in Wipeout???

Post by Cone »

Hey kids,

When you go to the download option in Wipeout Pure, it quickly brings up a screen saying essentially "coming soon". Looking in the upper left corner of the screen we see the... lets call this the whipeout pure logo. If we were paying attention, we'd have noticed the logo animating in the upper corner of the screen, on top of what appears to be a tree icon. Pressing the Square button, or selecting "go to homepage" from the start menu will refresh this screen, and bring up this fun graphic again. Ok, given the similarities to a web browser, and the terminology used ("home page"), I am making an asumption here, but I think we're looking at some sort of web browser here.

So here's the question, can anyone prove/test this? Say, log the traffic, and take note of HTTP requests or similar. And eventually, possibly spoof the resulting server on a PC and return different content (similar to the Cube network exploit).

Some additional assumptions. It's possible, the graphic (or possibly web page with just this single graphic) shown is pre-loaded from the UMD, and simply on a 404 like error, we get this.

Am I crazy? Maybe. You tell me.

The Cone
pdc

Post by pdc »

http://mozy.org/psp/

I wish I had Wipeout. This is a chance to test the PSP's / Wipeout browser, HTML renderer, and features such as Java.

The browser may be straight from their PDA range and therefore very secure though. Who knows... we might have expected the same of the picture viewer :)