is this a fix or a photoshop?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

kry.sys

is this a fix or a photoshop?

Post by kry.sys »

yea yea we all heard the square button can have an issue. and we all know why. so ill spare all of you the detailed intro.

is this really a fixed unit. cause i dont see how if the pcb was the same level as the lcd before... (also my japanese is null so it probably says photoshop in japanese so if someone can help me with what that says)

i dont see how this would work considering that pcb is actualy at a !little! lower level than the screen.. then all of a sudden someone thought its a fix to overlap them... looks good in theroy but now the pcb is now either all together higher or lop-sided. im just curious

Post by Guest »

Looks like they merely chopped a notch in the LCD edge and moved the contact over to where it should have been.

That is the proper fix in any event. Dunno where you see any overlap, the pcb seems to be where it always was, just now part of it sticks into the LCD notch.
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

Regardless if that is the correct way to fix the problem or even whether or not this has been done... That photo very strongly appears to be photoshopped. In fact I'll just go as far as to say it is definitely photoshopped.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
mc

Post by mc »

The japanese text says "the actual article" on the left, and "the way it properly ought to be" on the right. So it's obviously just some guy with Photoshop (or Gimp, or whatever) playing besserwisser.

(Even without the caption, it's pretty obvious that the image either on the left or the right is a manipulated version of the other, since the pixels are identical except for the small region around the square button. If it was really two different photos (of two different units), that would not happen.)
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
kry.sys

Post by kry.sys »

thanks mc! i knew it wasnt quite right. the depths just wont work that way...