psp 3GP

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

rayzero

psp 3GP

Post by rayzero »

i've been trying to play movies on my psp for weeks and i can't not seem to get it right. i used the 3gp and follow the how to do list, but when it does work i get an THM file and a mp4 file. when i put one in at a time my psp doesn't see it and when i put both my psp doesn't see it. i think it has to do with this part of the guide that i do not understand. The correct folder name for videos is E:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01 (where E: is the drive letter of your PSP). Copy your .MP4 video(s) over (the .THM files that 3GP Converter creates are not necessary for playback), i see you guys all are watching movies and even changing the resolution can you guys please help me thank you
Awhite

Post by Awhite »

Make sure the name of the video files are correct.

M4V00001.MP4
or
M4V00002.MP4

for instance..

Thm is only needed for Thumbnails.
Ioannis KarAvas
M2

Re: psp 3GP

Post by M2 »

rayzero wrote:The correct folder name for videos is E:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01 (where E: is the drive letter of your PSP).
... when I've formatted the MS using the PSP, it actually creates a folder called 101MNV01, not 100MNV01. I read the threads here about the 100MNV01 folder, but, I too had problems.

I used the PSP to format the MS, had some Xvid/AC3 .avi files I transcoded using ffmpegX 0.0.9s for Mac OS X (I used the basic PSP settings, but upped the audio data rate) and then used altShiiva to create a .THM file matched to the movie. Copied the .MP4 and .THM files to the 101MNV01 folder... all play nicely (co-workers are envious) and the scaling/zooming from 320x240 isn't bad at all.
Masterson

Re: psp 3GP

Post by Masterson »

... when I've formatted the MS using the PSP, it actually creates a folder called 101MNV01, not 100MNV01. I read the threads here about the 100MNV01 folder, but, I too had problems.
Your psp makes a folder for videos when you format the stick using the psp? Every time i format using the psp it never makes a folder for videos. how did you get it to do that?[/quote]
M2

Post by M2 »

... just the standard means, I guess.

Settings:System Settings:Format Memory Stick™

It created all the necessary folders... I didn't really do anything, I believe, out of the ordinary.
pdc

Post by pdc »

My videos go in

Code: Select all

D:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01\
And video file names must be in UPPERCASE. e.g. M4V22589.MP4

If the PSP isn't showing the videos then I would recommend you change the 3GP program's encoding settings.
I encoded with a couple of different presets to start with and they didn't work.