Q for people that have played more than one game on PSP...

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

zigzag

Q for people that have played more than one game on PSP...

Post by zigzag »

I am wondering if the loading screen (the animated NOW LOADING screen) is the same in all games?

Why? I am wondering if sony is providing all sorts of API for this, keyboard input, etc to the developers...
L33

Post by L33 »

I have 3 games (ridge racers, ape academy and puzzle bubble) and all 3 have different loading screens, so no it does not appear to be a common interface.....
Hope this helps
weak

Re: Q for people that have played more than one game on PSP.

Post by weak »

zigzag wrote:I am wondering if the loading screen (the animated NOW LOADING screen) is the same in all games?

Why? I am wondering if sony is providing all sorts of API for this, keyboard input, etc to the developers...
as L33 said, games don't have a common loading screen.

and i don't see how the look of the loading screen could tell you anything about the apis sony's providing.
anyway, what i've heard there's an OpenGL like api. i guess no glut, but i'd say there's something for input aswell.

but i'm afraid you'll never see a piece of it unless you're working at the right place.
Pikoro

Post by Pikoro »

I seem to remember reading somewhere that some of the software that is licensed for use on the PSP is flash or some component of shockwave. The "loading" screens that I've seen do look an awful lot like flash to me. Vector type graphics, etc...

Anyways, just a thought.

Cheers
Pikoro
http://www.psphacks.net/

Post by Guest »

A thought indeed. Here is a penny.
weak

Post by weak »

:D

maybe we're dealing with a 'shockwave on silicon sensation'. maybe they justed licensed it for a potential webbrowser ;)