Blogs anyone?

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Oobles
Site Admin

Blogs anyone?

Post by Oobles »

It seems the latest and greatest must have for web sites is the blog. Does anyone want one or know what software would be good for a blogs.ps2dev.org?

This seems like a good start...

http://www.asymptomatic.net/blogbreakdown.htm

Post by Guest »

How timely :) I was SERIOUSLY considering turning trolldev.net into a blog about sony console dev stuff, including inviting people who always have alot of things to say to frequently post. But, dunno if/when it would get off the ground. ;)

I was going to base the site around zope/plone, which seems a good way to manage the publishing of all sorts of info from many different ppl. Have you looked into that ? Might be too must just for a blog though, but it IS easy to setup and configure.

Anyhow, it really seemed to me that a blog component was one thing that didn't have a real home in the dev and fan scenes.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Stevens

Post by Neil Stevens »

I suggest a two-part approach:

1. Install one of those pieces of software, in order to let people write here if they wish.

2. Make the main page an aggregation, so that people who write here or already have their own site elsewhere can be included.

Post by Guest »

So...

I am guessing Oobles (perhaps rightly) thinks there may not be enough general interest in the PS2DEV community forums for a blog.

But I am interested to try an experiment.

I am willing to set up hosting for "trolldev.net" as a _scene_ related blog. The reason I went for that name is due to its appropriateness for blogging on a dev or fan scene.

But I was thinking of it in terms of a group blog, not my own soapbox. I would be interested to see people in the scene who have things to say, as in commentaries/editorials etc... be regulars, even possibly having their own sections.

Part of this of course would be determining ground rules for the commentary without restricting unnecessarily what people have to say.

Would anyone be interested in being a regular contributor and have any input on ground rules for such a blog ?

This effort wouldn't be intended to duplicate dev related discussions at another site. It indeed would be intended to generate discussion, but perhaps on more of the non-technical side of the dev scene, such as discussion of current events of sony, technical directions, scene politics, and so on.

If possible, I would like to have the site refer actual technical discussions back to established scene sites such as ps2dev and/or ps2-scene.

Also, if there is interest in this type of thing, but people think it can or should remain hosted on ps2dev.org, as oobles original proposal, thats just fine with me too. I am just trying to give his proposal a second wind, one way or the other. :)

Please note that trolldev isn't up yet, but I would work to get a prototype up soon if there is enough interest.
[email protected]

Sorry, but whats the dif?

Post by [email protected] »

Hi, Sorry for being dense but whats the difference between forums and blogs?

Thanks
Shazz

Post by Shazz »

look at mine
|
V
- TiTAN Art Division -
http://www.titandemo.org