Time for Cell Development forum ?

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Time for Cell Development forum ?

Post by Guest »

I know it might seem a little early, but based on the specs released today, I am already starting to think about how to make use of the 8 SPE's that would be attached to the POWER processor core (PPE).

Naturally most of the discussion would be theoretical, perhaps interspersed with occasionaly news postings and links as more information comes out ?

Since IBM intends to release a workstation based on the Cell well in advance of the PS3 release, around end of this year, I am already saving up for a Christmas present. :)
Shazz

Post by Shazz »

I don't know if everybody has already read this nice Cell introduction but I found it personally very interesting...

http://www.blachford.info/computer/Cells/Cell0.html

Code: Select all

Is a Kung Cell = 4*(Kung VUs) ??? 
;-)
- TiTAN Art Division -
http://www.titandemo.org
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Maybe someday when we actually have a chance to hold a commercially-available cell product...

Post by Guest »

ooPo wrote:Maybe someday when we actually have a chance to hold a commercially-available cell product...
It just would be cool to have a home for dev related discussion, even before release. But since there aren't many others jumping in support of a Cell forum, I suppose you are right that it may be a bit early for it. :)
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

The off-topic forum exists for a reason... ;)
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development

Post by Guest »

Drakonite wrote:The off-topic forum exists for a reason... ;)
Nah I will just post elsewhere and let Oopo lock/move my threads. ;)
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Thread locked! (maybe we'll have a PS3 forum soon)