XviD4PSP AVI, MPG or DVD to PMP or AVI converter 3.106

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

winnydowsxx

XviD4PSP AVI, MPG or DVD to PMP or AVI converter 3.106

Post by winnydowsxx »

XviD4PSP 3.106 - AVI, MPG or DVD to PMP or AVI converter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minimal requirements to system:
AviSynth 2.5.6a
Framework 2.0

To start converting open XviD4PSP, choose interesting you Options, add the task and press button Start .
Button Start - starts tasks, Delete - clears the list of tasks and delete temp files, Stop - stop all tasks.
If the Temp Folder is not specified, the Windows standard Temp folder is used.

Most interesting futures of the program:
01. The greatest possible quality of PMP or AVI files, and full automation.
02. Aspect corrected automatically.
03. Imposing of subtitles (Only for AVI). The file of subtitles should name as well as film, also should be in a format SRT.
04. Combine of several AVI to one PMP or AVI.
05. Coding towards the size.
06. Addition of tasks. It is possible to add some tasks, for example a AVI and one DVD to choose End Do: Hibernate and to press button Start. Consistently encoded all tasks and after end of process the computer will leave in sleep mode.
07. Automaticly repair all corrupted icons on your Sony PSP. (Tools - Hide Corrupted Icons)

Options:
Quality Mode - coding is carried out through Mencoder, filters are applied through AviSynth.
Speed Mode - fast , but low quality coding mode. If you prefer speed, this your choise.
Norm - increase of loudness. Value 200% is best choise.
DeNoise - smoothing of noise, deblocking and improvement compressibility. A useful option for the noisy and strongly compressed sources. Promotes improvement of quality.
UnSharp - increase of clearness. Very useful and necessary option. Values by default are optimum.

XviD4PSP 3.106 RapidShare
XviD4PSP 3.106 HomeFTP
Home
Last edited by winnydowsxx on Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:06 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Wraggster

Post by Wraggster »

anychance of someone posting these files on anywhere but rapid share, i can never download from that place :P

thanks for the news :)
Webmaster of http://www.dcemu.co.uk

DCEMU The Worlds Only Homebrew & Gaming Network of Sites.
winnydowsxx

Post by winnydowsxx »

Soon I make my web page and post here new download links.
Wraggster

Post by Wraggster »

excellent :)
Webmaster of http://www.dcemu.co.uk

DCEMU The Worlds Only Homebrew & Gaming Network of Sites.
toker#

Post by toker# »

My PMP files have no sound. PMP Mod cant play it, I am using VirtualDub Mode.

Please Help
winnydowsxx

Post by winnydowsxx »

@toker#
Try disable Autocrop (settings - autocrop). It help in all modes. Need fix autocrop detection. But now I rewrite code to framework 2.0 and don`t have time. May be somebody can help me ? Visual Studio 2005 VB8.

@Wraggster
I post mirrors in first message.
DrNicket

Ideal Settings?

Post by DrNicket »

Are there ideal settings for all or certain types of video?

Movies, TV shows, Cartoon, Anime (subtitled)???
Dr. Nicket
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my BOOMSTICK!"
- Ash (Bruce Campbell)
winnydowsxx

Post by winnydowsxx »

@DrNicket
For Cartoons & Anime bitrate can be lower. For TV shows grain removal can be upper.

@all
New version out! Framework 2.0 required. If you don`t have framework 2.0 installed, framework download and install automaticly. All bugs fixed. Links in first post.
Orbberius

Post by Orbberius »

I absolutely love this program. It does everything I need. I love how it automatically crops 4:3 videos to better fill-up the PSP screen.

The only major problem I have is that mencoder sometimes gives errors - I haven't tried out the new version (3.100), so hopefully that's fixed.

Thanks for making an excellent program.
winnydowsxx

Post by winnydowsxx »

@Orbberius
Thanks. Errorrs now fixed. And crop , and AutoBlackCrop work now much better, also aspect much better. Old version was very bad, if compare with new one.
Last edited by winnydowsxx on Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
winnydowsxx

Post by winnydowsxx »

-----
uups
Orbberius

Post by Orbberius »

winnydowsxx wrote:@Orbberius
Thanks. Errorrs now fixed. And crop , and AutoBlackCrop work now much better, also aspect much better. Old version was very bad, if you seen new one.
Amazing, I will try the new version as soon as I get home.
csuper

Post by csuper »

Nice... I'm trying your apps...it is a very nice one...

Request anyway... You have seen that there is another PSP Video player around here...
Is it possible to have a settings... like :
I want a PMP file (for PMP Mod) or I want an AVI file (For PSP mT)

That would make your apps "compatible" for both ;) and that way i could compare really qualities and all other stuff.

Anyway THANX.

csuper.
Orbberius

Post by Orbberius »

Tried it with a two files, no errors so far! Thanks a lot for this great app.
DrNicket

.net framework 2.9 Beta won't uninstall

Post by DrNicket »

Apparently I had 2. Beta on my system and now I cannot install the complete 2.0 without removing the first. I won't because it cannot find the "netfx.msi" File that installed the beta.

Can anyone help?
Dr. Nicket
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my BOOMSTICK!"
- Ash (Bruce Campbell)
winnydowsxx

Post by winnydowsxx »

Now program can`t work with DVD. Today I fix this and add support for MPG and JPG resizer. Later I make support for output to AVI, MP4 or AVC files.
csuper

Bug Report & a request...

Post by csuper »

Hye,

Juste a bug report :
I got :
- a 640*480 input anime file
- I choose HQV profile for best result
- i Have the last build 3.100 installed

First thing, I can't change the crop settings (Autocrop) is it normal ?
Second thing, the output file size is decided by the program in 448*272 with some crops (so not good at all)...
Can't I have a 360*272 normal output szie file ?
Is it possible to have an option to "force" all file to 480*272 without any crop ? (so that way no problem ;)

Update : third thing... on some files the sound normalisation (200) is too high for some actions files w/music... 150 would better by default (I test it and it is quite good on the external speaker of the PSP)...

A request :
I know that for XVID there is a specific "anime" box setup... can you add the option on the GUI/software in the selection tab "setting" ?

csuper.
-----------
Now using PMP Mod 1.02 with some nice FPS gain with my slow SONY MS...
Thanx Jonny ! & Malloc ! & Raphael !
winnydowsxx

Post by winnydowsxx »

@csuper
I think not all use external speakers. For normal speakers and headfones better 200%.
Autocrop mean auto detect black borders.
Later add two additional resize options - Zoom and Safe. Zoom crop picture for full screen fit. Safe don`t crop nothing, as you want.
Anime setting for XviD now little bit problematic. Even if you choose XviD for HQV coding, VirtualDub will use DivX. I don`t know how possible decode XviD SetCompData for VirtualDub script.

@all
New version:
XviD4PSP 3.101
Changes:
Fixed DVD errors. Added MPG support. Added JPG resizer, but now work far away from perfect. This version possible not only install. If you don`t want install program, you can just copy XviD4PSP_3_1_0_1 folder to your favorite place. Many small fixes.
csuper

Post by csuper »

@winnydowsxx :

I have maybe found a trick for xvid & virtualdub (on a french forum) :

You can find a software call "GordianKnot"
For the the video encode :
You'll use a fabricate ".reg" windows file where you put bitrate informations, codec options...
You run the .reg file... then virtualdub : the codec options are arleady define by the .reg file :)
You can then encode you video...
Don't forget to remove the reg file... voilà... I hope that help...

You'll maybe find more information on the generated log by GKnot or in the program' source file.

пока !

csuper.
-----------
Now using PMP Mod 1.02 with some nice FPS gain with my slow SONY MS...
Thanx Jonny ! & Malloc ! & Raphael !
winnydowsxx

Post by winnydowsxx »

@csuper
Thank You so much. But I found another and much faster way. VirtualDub quality in Mencoder+AviSynth. I found port of TemporalCleaner (VDubFilter) for AviSynth ! Today wait new version. VERY much GOOD changes :)

@all
Changes:
Now enough installations of one of codecs XviD or DivX.
Mode HQV (VirtualDub) is removed. Why? Because it was possible to find port TemporalCleaner for AviSynth. And if option Noise is chosen: TemporalCleaner, HQM the mode gives out the same quality as HQV at speed on 120 % of percent more quickly!!!
The bug - is corrected at coding DVD and MPG filters were not applied to removal of noise even if they have been chosen. As did not deinterlace PAL films.
Option End: go to to the menu settings. Now this option is not saved after exit.
Now possible make AVI output. If the file 4:3 proportions PSPlayer hangs.
For DVD, MPG applied UnDot the filter. Cleans grain. Only in HQM mode.
In mode HQM better colors for DVD and MPG. AviSynth plug-in ColorMatrix.
For DVD added better deinterlace method. TomsMoComp.dll.
In Settings section Deinterlace was added.
Removed unused AviSynth plugins.
Join options go to to the submenu.
Autocrop go to Debug. Possible required only for clips with a black back.
Info Names go to sub menu with options.
The documentation little bit corrected.
Speed and Quality of DVD and MPG coding increased by 30 % (turned off deblocking).
Now impossible start tasks not having specified a save path.
JPG resizer works already better, rotate pictures, use better resize metod, but all still it is not ideal.
The bug corrected - version 3.101 may not install.
csuper

Post by csuper »

NP.

Very cool news :) Waiting for this one now... :)
It will be labeled v3.200 ? ;)

csuper.
winnydowsxx

Post by winnydowsxx »

@csuper
:) no 3.102 , because plan a lot of changes in 3.103 too. :)

XviD4PSP 3.102 - RapidShare link. Home link update little bit later.

@all
Anybody know how possible join 2 sound tracks in one mp3 ? I do it`t with virtualdub, but I don`t want add virtualdub to setup.exe only for join audio. BeSweet do error if soundtrack in ac3 format (first track added twice).
Last edited by winnydowsxx on Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
csuper

Post by csuper »

Hye again, 3.102 in testing right now :)

I May help to give XVID4PSP a french translation... pm me if you're interested ;)

Ciao

csuper.
winnydowsxx

Post by winnydowsxx »

@csuper
Thanks. But now translation not so simple. Later I make language modules and your help will be very good. :)
csuper

Post by csuper »

[UPDATED]

Hye,

I used v3.102 (with MENCODER only)
I had got 2 problems... :
1. The file "subfont.ttf" needs to be provided for the subtitle to work...
The file must be installed there :
path/mencoder.exe
-> path/mplayer/subfont.ttf
You can find the subfont file with the CVS release of mplayer...

2 So I installed a "BITSTREAM VERA" subfont.ttf (56KB)
But my subtitle is in french with some specials caracters like : é,à,ê, ... but there are transformed by mencoder in "_" so the subtitling is not ok...
I have done some research and I got an answer :
For mencoder, the subtitle caracter table has to be define in the script command line.

Because you're Russian you're using the codepage 1250 right ?
Example of a sub line for mencoder:
subfont-text-scale 3 -subfont-blur 1 -subfont-outline 1 -unicode -subcp cp1250 <---

But for other countries the codepage is different (that explain the sub problem) :
Western Europe
Windows Codepage : 1252 Latin 1 (1252)
Supported languages:
Albanian, Bretonian, Catalonian, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Irish, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Rhaeto-Romanic, Spanish and Swedish.

Central European
Windows Codepage 1250
Supported languages:
Albanian, Croatian, Czech, English, Finnish, German, Hungarian, Irish, Moldavian, Polish, Romanian, Slovak, Slovene, Sorbian Upper and Sorbian Lower.

Baltic
Windows Codepage 1257
Supported languages:
English, Estonian, Finnish, German, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Slovene and Swedish.

reference :
http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:MkA ... =firefox-a

I test a mencoder script with the 1252 cp and guess what the sub is now without "_" and my specials caracters are well printed...
So may I ask you to add support (in the setting for example) for the subtitle table number to use with mencoder ?

4. I notice that VIRTUALDUB is still delivred in the package, it is for the AVI support only right ?

For the time being, I stick to 3.101 & Vdub where the sub is ok :(

csuper out.
winnydowsxx

Post by winnydowsxx »

@csuper
About dub:
May be you don`t see my post:
Anybody know how possible join 2 sound tracks in one mp3 ? I do it`t with virtualdub, but I don`t want add virtualdub to setup.exe only for join audio. BeSweet do error if soundtrack in ac3 format (first track added twice).
About subtitles:
Try this temporary update:
XviD4PSP 3.103 pre update
Settings now have "Subtitle Font" menu. There you can select code page. I don`t change font now, just code page. If you still see ___ , send me please link to your font.
csuper

Post by csuper »

I've just finished a first test AND may I say that pre-v3.103 works great with no problem at all :) concerning the subtitle in french :)
Thanks a lot for that :)
If I got some interesting suggestions I let you know.

[UPDATE]
Ok I've make my mind about some cool features :
- Management of the subtitle position & size
- Adding black shadow to the subtitle (making it more readible...) ?
Also I really like the way the vdub filter "textsub" manage and print the sub... do you know the good font to use in mencoder to obtain the quite "same" result ...

Not related to sub :
- A way to force all vids to 480*272 (source : 16/9 or 4/3)

csuper.
Orbberius

Post by Orbberius »

Hi,

I've been trying to access your website and download the new version of XviD4PSP without success. Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks.
winnydowsxx

Post by winnydowsxx »

My Site crash sometime. Try later.

3.103 changes:
To Settings added menu Subtitle Font. It has allowed to make subtitles to a lot of languages.
Quality of JPG resizer is improved.
Work with MiniDV AVI is corrected.
Removed filter UnDot. TemporalSmoother it completely replaces.
Added Menu Filters in which was added filters from Settings.
Debug it is renamed in Misc.
Read Settings After has left in menu Misc.
Denoise filters now select in menu Filters - DeNoise. To each method the expanded adjustments were added.
The bug is corrected - if the filter denoise Convolution3D has been chosen, video could not be coded.
MediaInfo it was updated to 0.7.1.2
The better method of increase of sharpness was added. MSharpen.dll. A choice in menu Filters - UnSharp. Method Core faster. Method MSharpen better.
The alternative method of increase of sharpness was added. WarpSharp.dll. It can be used for cartoon films and 3D clips.

XviD4PSP 3.103
Orbberius

Post by Orbberius »

The new version (3.1.0.3) looks amazing. Thank you very much for developing Xvid4PSP.