Xump PS2 Port

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Drakonite
Site Admin

Xump PS2 Port

Post by Drakonite »

Copied from My Site:

I have taken a brief respite from my normal (and not so normal) projects to fullfill a request for a friend that I hope you will all enjoy... so without further ado..

Makeshift brings you a Playstation 2 port of Psilocybin Development's puzzle game, Xump. Xump is a puzzle game in which there is a playfield consiting of various types of blocks, and your goal is to make the blue blocks vanish by stepping on them. For more information and screenshots, please visit the Xump webpage.

There are a couple known bugs with the PS2 port of Xump, including lack of menu music and glitchy playback of ingame music. If you encounter any more bugs related to the PS2 port of Xump, please Contact Me.

The PS2 port of Xump can be Downloaded From My Site, or soon at the Psilocybin Development Website, where you can also find GP32, Dreamcast, and Windows ports.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
evilo

Post by evilo »

Great !

any submit planned to the repository ??? patch ? mtap ?

tty on irc.
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

Hehe, well... we are off topic from Xump, but assuming nothing gets in the way I to be making at least 3 more releases by the end of the week.

Anyways, if you want to hear about it, log on to irc.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
evilo

Post by evilo »

damn !! really ???

I've been particulary busy those days.. and particulary out of home... so I didn't had the time to come on irc..

I want to know !!!!!
evilo

Re: Xump PS2 Port

Post by evilo »

Drakonite wrote: There are a couple known bugs with the PS2 port of Xump, including lack of menu music and glitchy playback of ingame music.
weird... what are you using to playback the MODs ?
Drakonite
Site Admin

Re: Xump PS2 Port

Post by Drakonite »

evilo wrote:
Drakonite wrote: There are a couple known bugs with the PS2 port of Xump, including lack of menu music and glitchy playback of ingame music.
weird... what are you using to playback the MODs ?
I'm using amigamod.irx. It's pretty barebones as far as I can tell, and the mod format has been bastardized enough there are a lot of not-so-compatible mods out there... amigamod.irx doesn't seem to like the mod for the menu music at all, so for now it's just been removed.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
evilo

Post by evilo »

arf... amigamod.irx

well you should switch to sdl_mixer...
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

arf... Not sure I want to put that much work into it or not ... I'm not exactly a big fan of SDL. ;)
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

I've posted an update which fixes all known PS2 bugs.

A big thanks to Evilo for getting Xump working with sdl_mixer.

You can get it from the Makeshift website.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development