dosbox

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

aTomIC

Post by aTomIC »

THX. I updated my database and the download link.
aTomIC

Post by aTomIC »

Sorry, for double posting, but i must say:
"Fantastic, CrazyC. You are the hero of so many slim users, great work again"
zenira

Post by zenira »

Thanks Crazyc you are great! I have a slim and I finally play supaplex on psp.
But I don't know why playng this game by a bat file for the key mapping supaplex appear to me with bad colours while if I play it by its exe file the colours is good, desides the game runs slowly compared to supaplex on psp that I have watch in youtube. Must I do any setting?
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

crazyc wrote:
J.F. wrote: Yep, that works. It's the core=dynamic that is the issue here. Just changing the core back makes it crash again. Something about dynamic is crashing. Auto seems to work okay. I'll have to try a few things.
I made a stupid error that caused this and put up a new version, try getting it again. If you have a fat, use the 1.5 version for now as it still has several advantages.
Did u change anything for the ppl. using the old PSP? I mean the dosbox elf file on the first page has exactly the same size as the last one ... So is this only a release for the slim users?
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

Murdock wrote:Did u change anything for the ppl. using the old PSP? I mean the dosbox elf file on the first page has exactly the same size as the last one ... So is this only a release for the slim users?
No, the 3.xx version loses a few things, but nothing has been added since the last 1.5 version. My goal for now is to add the things missing from the 3.xx build to simplify development. Then, I'll add support for the extra RAM in the slim.
W00fer

Post by W00fer »

Crazyc, can anything be done to fix the GTA1 error ?

You say it runs out of memory, is there some optimization possible ?

Or only on psp slim ?
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

W00fer wrote:Crazyc, can anything be done to fix the GTA1 error ?

Or only on psp slim ?
Oh come on! Now cut that f... discussion! He said he'll try to optimize DosBox, but NOW FACE IT! Look at the system requirements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for FUCKS SAKE! it needs so much CPU power that u should not concern about the RAM issue!

AND: Of course it should only run on PSP Slim, if at all! GTA needs more than 16 MB RAM ( I think it actually needs 32 MB minimum!) and the old PSP can only use 10 MB ...
aTomIC

Post by aTomIC »

@Murdock
please don't flame to the members. He asked and you can answer him. Nobody wants read the complete thread, there are 23 pages.

@CrazyC
Can you change your first post with new information for the other users/members (like max. memory support), please?

@W00fer
Please read the latest posts before asking. You made Mr. Murdock angry ;)
And, if you want playing GTA 1, why not the PSX version? I play it, too, and it runs smooth.

And for all!
PSP DOSBox runs only old DOS games with a maximal ram of 10megabytes. No 3D games, no Windows games and no Tomb Raider. Pure old classic dos games like Commander Keen, Jazz Jackrabbit and earlier games (before 1994).
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

aTomIC wrote:@Murdock
please don't flame to the members. He asked and you can answer him. Nobody wants read the complete thread, there are 23 pages.

Come on ... don't u get angry urself if when this fuckin question is asked for the 1000th time? I mean it's even on the previous page I think ... and here AGAIN! I don't even demand them to read the entire post, but SOME pages should be read! PLUS the manual is spread all over the fuckin thread ... why not reading it?

It's so damn easy to understand and the question about the preformance it answered on the first page!

That's all I'm asking for ...

aTomIC wrote: And for all!
PSP DOSBox runs only old DOS games with a maximal ram of 10megabytes. No 3D games, no Windows games and no Tomb Raider. Pure old classic dos games like Commander Keen, Jazz Jackrabbit and earlier games (before 1994).
Exactly this question is explained over and oever and over again ... and It's so damn unneccessary to answer it again and again and again.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

I want to run Vista and Quake 4 with dosbox on my PSP, but I need someone to tell me how. Help me! Or else!!

P.S. I'm to lazy to read the thread... it hurts my brane.

;) :D

Now to make it a proper noobie post, I need to bump the thread six times in the next ten minutes. :D
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

Or only on psp slim ?
Probably only on the slim, there isn't much more memory to be freed on the fat. Of course, even then it's doubtful it'll run well enough to play.
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

crazyc wrote:

Or only on psp slim ?
Probably only on the slim, there isn't much more memory to be freed on the fat. Of course, even then it's doubtful it'll run well enough to play.
Thank you to the God of DosBox for making this clear statement! :D I think I'll add it in my sig ...
W00fer

Post by W00fer »

Murdock i can't believe you are reacting like this to users.
I asked something, i'm not too stupid to read but what i'm asking is a specific question about a new version of Dosbox. Not some sort of main dosbox question.

I'm wondering in forums where you are "new" or unexperienced, how they thread you there, just like this ? I don't think so.

If you don't want to answer, you don't have to right ?!

And directing to your manual is the only thing you can do. People who keep asking the same questions EXIST now and in 10 years, get used to it dude...

Thanks CrazyC for the explanation !
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

W00fer wrote:Murdock i can't believe you are reacting like this to users.
I asked something, i'm not too stupid to read but what i'm asking is a specific question about a new version of Dosbox. Not some sort of main dosbox question.

I'm wondering in forums where you are "new" or unexperienced, how they thread you there, just like this ? I don't think so.

If you don't want to answer, you don't have to right ?!

And directing to your manual is the only thing you can do. People who keep asking the same questions EXIST now and in 10 years, get used to it dude...

Thanks CrazyC for the explanation !
1st of all, I'M not ur dude ...

2nd ... yep ... ppl act like this if I ask such a question which has been answered MULTIPLE times ... well ... nope, pointing to THE manual is not the only thing I can do .. I CAN answer your questions ... and that's the point .. it HAS already been done! not only in this forum, since not everyone demands you to have read at least some pages of the thread, but also in the f...reaking manual! I mean why do u think ppl. write manuals? Maybe for unexperienced users to read them? May this be possible? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY, huh?!

No1 expects u to know everything. BUt I think the majority of ppl. expect you to do some work on your own and not to act like a lazy bas... well let's cut that out ... anyway, I doubt that I am expecting too much if I want you to read a compendium which answers most of the questions beginners have before you post questions that are already answered!
I honestly doubt you have any arguments against this!

Therefore, let's come back to the topic ...

Hey CrazyC, would u be so kind to tell us what has changed since the last release? I mean is there a significant improvement in the code? Or is it just 3.xx kernel compatible? :) Thx in advance!
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

W00fer wrote: I'm wondering in forums where you are "new" or unexperienced, how they thread you there, just like this ? I don't think so.
The issue here is that THIS board is for DEVELOPERS. Noobies are welcome... as long as the keep quiet and don't disturb the devs. We're busy correcting changed NIBs and reflecting on how to convert libs to the PSP or figure out how to use certain features of the PSP. We don't want to be bothered by yet another "How do I do <insert elementary school computer class lesson>?"
Bobelvago

Post by Bobelvago »

Got it, but now, How do I use dosbox (for psp)?

Like mounting and running...=\ no readme?
andwhyisit

Post by andwhyisit »

Bobelvago wrote:Got it, but now, How do I use dosbox (for psp)?

Like mounting and running...=\ no readme?
The file dosbox (no extention) is a .elf file, so add the .elf extension (rename to dosbox.elf) and use the elf2pbp program to convert it to a .pbp file and rename to eboot.pbp, and put it into a folder with the dosbox.conf file and put that folder in your GAME/GAME150 folder on your memstick.

Look at Murdock's sig, there's your readme.
piposh

Post by piposh »

Thank you very much CrazyC for supporting the Slim!

I'm sure that once the Slim version catches up to the Phat version the Slim's advantages over the Phat would be clearly visible and would take DosBox on the PSP yet another level up.

Thank you for not neglecting the Slimmers, you've shown the Slim homebrewers a lot of love today :)

And Murdock, please stop acting like you own this thread and barking on every person that has the word "slim" in their post, get over yourself.
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

piposh wrote:Thank you very much CrazyC for supporting the Slim!

I'm sure that once the Slim version catches up to the Phat version the Slim's advantages over the Phat would be clearly visible and would take DosBox on the PSP yet another level up.

Thank you for not neglecting the Slimmers, you've shown the Slim homebrewers a lot of love today :)

And Murdock, please stop acting like you own this thread and barking on every person that has the word "slim" in their post, get over yourself.
LOL I don't act anyhow at all ... and this ain't nothing to do with the Slim ... but with the ppl. posting bullshit here for no reason ... questions have been answered so many times that you could shrink this thread to half of its size if u took out all the obsoloete stuff ... THAT's the point .. why isn't any1 getting this?

U guys come here once ... then fuck off again ... Me and some others read every damn page, every damn posting here ... RESPECT THAT!

At lease we contribute to this thread instead of just posting DUMB questions! ... yeah they are dumb ... and I think s/o should finally say this! Dumb because they are answered already!

So here another, better question:

Crazy, where are u? :) C'meon, tell us something about the changes in the new release ... maybe a little changelog? ;) I don't want to start all the games again to see whether there's a speed improvement.

Oh, and here's another suggestion: How about adding a fame counter? So you could see easily which games improve from release to release ... would be kinda nice and I think this should be easy to implement, right?

Just think about it :)
cloudhunter

Post by cloudhunter »

Sorry to say it Murdock, but you do act like a really big ass.

You jump down people's throat at the simplest questions, just because people haven't read through 680 posts/23 pages - I mean, who wants to do that? Also, your guide isn't official, so telling people they should have read the readme, when the page only has the download and no link to your guide, isn't very helpful.

Not everyone is going to read it all. You should just accept that, and help the best you can.

Cloudy
:)
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

cloudhunter wrote:Sorry to say it Murdock, but you do act like a really big ass.
Maybe I am ... who knows .. but I don't care ...

Okay .. u know what ... I'll stop telling ppl. that they are idiots ... u now what... I'll not help any1 out anymore here ... just screw u... I'll just behave like every1 else here ... asking every dumb question here instead of trying it out myself, not reading a single f... previous page ... eventhough there might be the answer ... oh right ... and I won't pubish any new findings anymore ...

The only thing I can advise the other ppl. who are here for a long time is to do exactly the same damn thing ... the world is so damn unthankful ... maybe one should not try to change that, but change oneself into an unthankful asshole oneself ... YOU ARE RIGHT!
roylazarovich

Post by roylazarovich »

Guys, let's not turn this topic into a flame war, DosBox for the PSP is important to us all, let's just get along :)

I wanted to thank CrazyC for releasing a Slim compatible version.
cloudhunter

Post by cloudhunter »

Murdock wrote:
cloudhunter wrote:Sorry to say it Murdock, but you do act like a really big ass.

Okay .. u know what ... I'll stop telling ppl. that they are idiots ... u now what... I'll not help any1 out anymore here ... just screw u... I'll just behave like every1 else here ... asking every dumb question here instead of trying it out myself, not reading a single f... previous page ... eventhough there might be the answer ... oh right ... and I won't pubish any new findings anymore ...

The only thing I can advise the other ppl. who are here for a long time is to do exactly the same damn thing ... the world is so damn unthankful ... maybe one should not try to change that, but change oneself into an unthankful asshole oneself ... YOU ARE RIGHT!
You sir, are acting like a moron. Try and grow up - doing the whining baby act will not change anything. I at least tried to be respectful.

Cloudy
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

cloudhunter wrote:
Murdock wrote:

You sir, are acting like a moron. Try and grow up - doing the whining baby act will not change anything. I at least tried to be respectful.

Cloudy

LOOOOOOL sorry ... but try and grow up? hmm ... a sentence you often hear from teens who want to sound like adults ... you and all of them fail ... I think I'll better stop this crappy discussion with u now ... so PLEASE, take my advice and just leave.

I suppose no1 here needs leeching kids like u who, in the end, are just unable to run apps because the only thing they can handle is this idiot-friendly "plugnplay" stuff. And if it's not working, they just come back and ask dumb questions. THAT is what I call a crying-baby-attitude ...

I think there's nothing more to say ... you don't seem to be able to find any more arguments anyway ... since the only thing your last post consisted of was insult ...
Wally

Post by Wally »

Dude,

Nobody insults Cloudy in front of me..

Im on his side here, you cant go on like this bashing users..

Look after people :o

Keep up the good work CrazyC :)
brin_vg

Post by brin_vg »

Murdock wrote:LOOOOOOL sorry ... but try and grow up? hmm ... a sentence you often hear from teens who want to sound like adults ... you and all of them fail ... I think I'll better stop this crappy discussion with u now ... so PLEASE, take my advice and just leave.

I suppose no1 here needs leeching kids like u who, in the end, are just unable to run apps because the only thing they can handle is this idiot-friendly "plugnplay" stuff. And if it's not working, they just come back and ask dumb questions. THAT is what I call a crying-baby-attitude ...

I think there's nothing more to say ... you don't seem to be able to find any more arguments anyway ... since the only thing your last post consisted of was insult ...
Dude, (that's right, I called you dude. I don't care if you're not 'my dude'. Deal with it.) you need to chill the phuck out. Some people aren't as capable of doing certain things as other people, and need a little bit of help. If you have a problem with that, that's your issue. As I said before, deal with it. It's completely unreasonable to flame people for not knowing something.
cloudhunter

Post by cloudhunter »

Murdock wrote:LOOOOOOL sorry ... but try and grow up? hmm ... a sentence you often hear from teens who want to sound like adults ... you and all of them fail ... I think I'll better stop this crappy discussion with u now ... so PLEASE, take my advice and just leave.
Who's the one who should leave? The one who is whining about noobs because they don't read many pages of a thread, or the one who just accepts it as that's what noobs do?
Murdock wrote:I suppose no1 here needs leeching kids like u who, in the end, are just unable to run apps because the only thing they can handle is this idiot-friendly "plugnplay" stuff. And if it's not working, they just come back and ask dumb questions. THAT is what I call a crying-baby-attitude ...
Since when have I showed any indication that I don't know how to use apps? I've not found any application that I can't run yet - plug and play or not.
Murdock wrote:I think there's nothing more to say ... you don't seem to be able to find any more arguments anyway ... since the only thing your last post consisted of was insult ...
I don't need any more arguments. I'm just making the point that whining isn't going to do ANYTHING - and that you should take lessons in maturity.

Anyway, this'll be my last post on the subject - I don't want to derail this thread out of respect to this forum and the author of this thread.

Thank you Wally for the support.

Cloudy
Wraggster

Post by Wraggster »

Wow where are the mods of this forum, lets please discuss Dosbox and Dosbox only, kindly leave any rants/fights to PM or whatever else. this sort of bad behaviour can put the developer off from coding and i would rather we all support him with reports of his emulator than any sniping.

Come on group hug :P
Webmaster of http://www.dcemu.co.uk

DCEMU The Worlds Only Homebrew & Gaming Network of Sites.
Wally

Post by Wally »

Wraggster wrote:Wow where are the mods of this forum, lets please discuss Dosbox and Dosbox only, kindly leave any rants/fights to PM or whatever else. this sort of bad behaviour can put the developer off from coding and i would rather we all support him with reports of his emulator than any sniping.

Come on group hug :P
Wraggster has a point, lets see some cooperation!
fourmyfriends

wow look at all that wasted space

Post by fourmyfriends »

the above argument makes it very hard for people that are Noobz to read through the over 20 pages of posts. People, lets do everyone a favor and make it easy, start here, and lets re-post everything important

Here is the link for the PSP Slim version of dosbox, as posted by CrazyC
http://home.wi.rr.com/crazyz/EBOOT.PBP

here is the most current version in ELF format,
http://home.wi.rr.com/crazyz/dosbox

if you don't know what that is, use the file above, it is already an eboot, or read the guide below

http://rapidshare.com/files/64776876/Do ... ck_1.8.pdf

read the above manual if you have questions, then after reading, feel free to post.

now wasn't that easy, we just need to repost it every couple pages, heck expound, but lets keep it basically short sweat, and easy to weed through, and that should help slow silly question

and hey, your all my dudes!
thanks everyone for all your input and help
and a big thanks to CrazyC