Basilisk II PSP Port (Mac Emulator)

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

olesolo

Post by olesolo »

thanks.
sure I`m trying to remove most of Extensions to speed up emulation.

but it`s sad that combo could use only two buttons because for example
Close view use 3 buttons combo shift+command+plus...
Wally

Post by Wally »

olesolo wrote:thanks.

Be careful what you remove, one wrong extension could kill the whole install.

You may safely remove,
a) Printer Extensions
b) Colorsync extensions

others, i'd run through with Conflict Catcher before even attempting to remove them.

Wally
olesolo

Post by olesolo »

I have a backup of .hfv :)
Master of Orion - playable.
RyanfromtheShire

Post by RyanfromtheShire »

Wally4000 wrote:
kos9399 wrote:
siulmagic wrote:hey guys i made a video clip of me playing duke nukem on test18 =D

here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?eorodhxu1sx

i set duke to the lowest setting if im not mistaken and set graphics to lowest, also sound is in the lowest quality =D enjoy (its very short)
XD
Hey where did you get the game file
most likely http://mac.the-underdogs.info

Wally
Hmm, I downloaded Oregon Trail and Star wars, from that site. I put them in the "files" folder. (they're .sit files)

Then opened stuffit expander, and try to expand the file and I get this error:

"Sorry, but a disk related error (file not found) has prevented the operation from concluding."

I'm guessing this is an OS error, as opposed to emulator error?

Any ideas on what to do?

edit: I get this message whenever I try and expand an .sit file. I just downloaded the 7.6.1 update (I'm on 7.5.5) and I'm still getting that same error message.
Wally

Post by Wally »

The underdogs is a bitch when it comes to update files...

You need to do something so that the PC does not wreck the files..

Best bet would be to get an iMac G3 and install OS9 on it.
RyanfromtheShire

edit: Problem solved. I needed to make an output folder on the HDD.

Now I got some more errors. XD
Last edited by RyanfromtheShire on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

I've got Mac 8.1 installed too! Whoo! Does Stuffit Expander already come with it? Cause I can unstuff .sit files when I didn't even install Stuffit Expander. Hey how do I install QuickTime? What type of archives does the Stuffit Expander come with Mac OS 8 can unstuff?
My PSP's Firmware:
5.00 M33-6 w/ LEDA 0.2

My PSP's Motherboard:
TA-088

My PSP's Model:
PSP-2001 (Slim)
jas0nuk

Post by jas0nuk »

Wally, Desert Trek looks teh win but I can't get it to install with the files you uploaded :/ Copied the Desert Trek folder in the zip file and nothing appears to be inside it when browsing in OS 8.1
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

olesolo wrote:thanks.

Well, I suppose I can bump it up to four keys/buttons.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

RyanfromtheShire wrote: Hmm, I downloaded Oregon Trail and Star wars, from that site. I put them in the "files" folder. (they're .sit files)

Then opened stuffit expander, and try to expand the file and I get this error:

"Sorry, but a disk related error (file not found) has prevented the operation from concluding."

I'm guessing this is an OS error, as opposed to emulator error?

Any ideas on what to do?

edit: I get this message whenever I try and expand an .sit file. I just downloaded the 7.6.1 update (I'm on 7.5.5) and I'm still getting that same error message.
The default for StuffIt is to try to expand the file to the same drive. There's a bug in B2 that makes writing to the external filesystem not work for many conditions. You need to run StuffIt Expander (like you would an app) and go change the prefs (in the File menu). Set it to ask where to decompress the files to. Then when you double-click/drop a file on StuffIt Expander, it will ask where to save it to and you can select the main hardfile (or secondary/etc hardfile).
RyanfromtheShire

It took me a while to figure it out, but I did. >.<

I'm gonna have to figure out a way to make a bigger HDD for the 7.6 update.

Any chance of being able to extract to memory stick in the future, or is it impossible?

Whenever I go to Volumes > Create Hardfile > 100 MB > Create Hardfile, the screen goes blue...then my PSP shuts off. It does this no matter which size I pick. Seems like an emulator error?

On a plus note, Oregon Trail and Flight Simulator both work! :)
siulmagic

Post by siulmagic »

well in my expirience underdogs games dont work i usually get em off some french site witch i cant remeber its name
kos9399

Post by kos9399 »

I just got the 7.6.1 update and i cant seem to make it work.When i try i get a error message even when i change the prefs.
RyanfromtheShire

siulmagic wrote:well in my expirience underdogs games dont work i usually get em off some french site witch i cant remeber its name
Their file names are like "JBHLFHLDHFKD.SIT", For some ridiculous reason.

I just change it to "oregontrail.sit" and it works with stuffit 5.5 on 7.5.5.
I just got the 7.6.1 update and i cant seem to make it work.When i try i get a error message even when i change the prefs.
You're going to have to be more specific than that. Which OS are you on? Is it an .smi.bin file? Or is it an .sit file?
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

RyanfromtheShire wrote:It took me a while to figure it out, but I did. >.<

I'm gonna have to figure out a way to make a bigger HDD for the 7.6 update.
Err... just add another hardfile. You can have up to four, you know. ;)
Any chance of being able to extract to memory stick in the future, or is it impossible?
It's a bug in B2 that's been around for years. Not sure if I can or will fix it.
Whenever I go to Volumes > Create Hardfile > 100 MB > Create Hardfile, the screen goes blue...then my PSP shuts off. It does this no matter which size I pick. Seems like an emulator error?
No, it's your firmware. That's trying to launch the Sony OSK to get a name for the hardfile to create. The blue is the background the Sony OSK uses. If it fails, there is something farg'd in the firmware. Did you perhaps remove fonts from the firmware to make space in the flash?
kos9399

Post by kos9399 »

RyanfromtheShire wrote:
siulmagic wrote:well in my expirience underdogs games dont work i usually get em off some french site witch i cant remeber its name

You're going to have to be more specific than that. Which OS are you on? Is it an .smi.bin file? Or is it an .sit file?
Im on os 7.5.5 and it a sea.bin file(and yes i tried taking of the sea)
RyanfromtheShire

J.F. wrote:
RyanfromtheShire wrote: No, it's your firmware. That's trying to launch the Sony OSK to get a name for the hardfile to create. The blue is the background the Sony OSK uses. If it fails, there is something farg'd in the firmware. Did you perhaps remove fonts from the firmware to make space in the flash?
Hmm probably has to do with my custom theme. I'll mess around with it. Thanks again jf!
RyanfromtheShire

kos9399 wrote:
RyanfromtheShire wrote:

Did you try expanding it with stuffit?
kos9399

Post by kos9399 »

RyanfromtheShire wrote:
kos9399 wrote:
RyanfromtheShire wrote: Their file names are like "JBHLFHLDHFKD.SIT", For some ridiculous reason.

Did you try expanding it with stuffit?
Yes then it freezes or it sometimes dosent work
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Here's test 19. Updated the input mapping. Rules are as follows:

1 - You can have a maximum of 64 map entries.

2 - Map entries have two hexadecimal numbers followed by four decimal numbers.

3 - The first number is which PSP buttons must be pressed to match this map entry. The second number is which PSP buttons must NOT be pressed to match this map entry. Any combination is allowed. If you don't specify all the buttons between the two fields, you can match to more than one entry (which is something you may want to do).

4 - The third through sixth numbers are Mac input values. They may be key codes, mouse buttons, or mouse movements. The following rules apply to Mac input values:

Anything less than 255 is a Mac key code. For the caps lock to work properly, it must be the first and only Mac input value for the map entry.

A value exactly equal to 255 is a null code - it does nothing. Be sure to fill unused values with 255!

A value between 256 and 511 is a mouse button, where the button number is the value - 256. So 256 is mouse button 0, 257 is mouse button 1, etc. Note that the 68K Mac never really used anything other than mouse button 0.

A value between 512 and 768 is a mouse movement. The movement is a value from -8 to +7 added to 8, with the horizontal movement being multiplied by 16. Negative values move up or left; positive values move down or right. So if you wished to move the mouse up at a speed of 2 and right at a speed of 5, the movement value would be 512 + (5+8)*16 + (-2+8), or 726. It might be easier to visualize it in hexadecimal, even if the value must be in the map as decimal. In hex, the mouse movement is 0x2XY, where X is the horizontal movement, and Y the vertical.

Notice that the mouse movement is new - I added that so that the d-pad could be used as a mouse if the analog stick weren't working. I've included a new input map that makes the d-pad the mouse.

Note that the default mapping has changed! LTRIGGER is now the OPT key, and RTRIGGER the Control key. The CROSS is now the mouse button, while Enter was moved to SQUARE. The rest are the same as before: the d-pad is the Cursor keys, CIRCLE is CMD+w, and TRIANGLE is CMD+q.

This matches the d-pad mouse pretty well, where the d-pad becomes the mouse movement, and LTRIGGER changes from OPT to FAST mouse movement. So if you just press the d-pad, the mouse moves slowly, and if you hold LTRIGGER and press the d-pad, the mouse moves quickly.

Note that making RTRIGGER Control by itself was necessary to get contextual menus working right. Hold RTRIGGER, then press X over top something to get its contextual menu.

MediaFire
binary
source

SendSpace
binary
source
Sterist

Post by Sterist »

i've been having a lot of problems with file extensions.

some .bin files will extract etc, others are unrecognized by the OS. same for .sit and .hqx

when i install internet browsers (only netscape has actually made it to that point), the modules and everything install fine (except for AIM requiring PowerPC) and when all the installations are finished, there is no program to launch. just all the installer files.

mainly what i've been trying to install is Internet Explorer. i found the download(s) here:

http://mac.oldapps.com/internet_explorer.php

and all the installer files from there are unrecognized. "can't launch because the application that created it cannot be found"

anyone have an idea what's going on?
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

What version of Stuffit Expander does the Mac OS 8 CD comes with?
My PSP's Firmware:
5.00 M33-6 w/ LEDA 0.2

My PSP's Motherboard:
TA-088

My PSP's Model:
PSP-2001 (Slim)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

dennis96411 wrote:What version of Stuffit Expander does the Mac OS 8 CD comes with?
4.0.2 - You'll find it in the Aladdin folder in the Internet Utilities folder. I suggest you update to 5.x, which can be found many places. The shareware CD image I posted a bit back in the thread has 5.1.3 on it. I know I've seen 5.5 floating around.
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

J.F. wrote:
dennis96411 wrote:What version of Stuffit Expander does the Mac OS 8 CD comes with?
4.0.2 - You'll find it in the Aladdin folder in the Internet Utilities folder. I suggest you update to 5.x, which can be found many places. The shareware CD image I posted a bit back in the thread has 5.1.3 on it. I know I've seen 5.5 floating around.
Oh, ok, I can either copy the 5.5 from my Mac 7.5 hfv, or download it at wiki.oldos.org. So what ya planning?
My PSP's Firmware:
5.00 M33-6 w/ LEDA 0.2

My PSP's Motherboard:
TA-088

My PSP's Model:
PSP-2001 (Slim)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Just looking to see what can be done about the floating point.
RyanfromtheShire

Just throwing this out there...

but does anyone wanna hook me up with a 100 MB HDD?

I really don't wanna mess around with un-flashing my theme to make one. XD
Wally

Post by Wally »

RyanfromtheShire wrote:Just throwing this out there...

Who said you had to mess your theme up xD
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Now you're just being silly. There's nothing special about the hardfiles B2 makes - they're just a completely blank file. Even the size doesn't matter. Just find any big file on your PC and copy it into the hardfiles directory, then change the name to something like "hardfile0.hfv". The Mac will "format" it once you boot your install CD/floppy/whatever.
RyanfromtheShire

J.F. wrote:

Now you're just being silly. There's nothing special about the hardfiles B2 makes - they're just a completely blank file. Even the size doesn't matter. Just find any big file on your PC and copy it into the hardfiles directory, then change the name to something like "hardfile0.hfv". The Mac will "format" it once you boot your install CD/floppy/whatever.
I only have a 7.5.5 ROM. XD
ViTi95

Post by ViTi95 »

great emu J.F. !!!! i'm testing it now with the even more incredible machine, and the incredible machine 3 and both works really well, but i have some problems with chuck yeager´s air combat. i've tested other games like lemmings and monkey island, the first goes very well and the second a little slow

the problem i have with chuck yeager is with the keyboard. i've tested every single key to push more power on the airplane, but always does nothing. any idea??

p.d.: sorry about my bad english ;)