searching for a new Lua Player project maintainer

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

Shine

searching for a new Lua Player project maintainer

Post by Shine »

I promised the new OpenGL Lua Player for Windows, Mac, PS3 and PSP some time ago, but I'm sorry, I have to work for too many commercial projects at the moment and my interests in my spare time have changed to Lisp and Forth. But I don't want to block further development of Lua Player, which is the reason why I'm searching for a new lead developer for the project, who coordinates new developments of Lua Player, maintains and hosts the luaplayer.org webpage (about 10,000 hits and 10 GB transfer per month) etc.

Requirements: You must have very good C/C++ and Lua knowledge, some project experience with other projects is helpful, and you need some spare time and the intention to make an even more cool multi-platform Lua Player version :-)
evilo

Post by evilo »

Well, maybe it doesn't really interest someone, but I still have my PS2 port that could be added to the list... In case anybody would like to join the project on my side (PS2).

Concerning myself, I'm still out of the business atm since DHL actually lost my PS2 that I sent for repair 3 months ago, and since I'm still waiting to be refund for it !

Good luck to you Shine with your other stuff, and thank you for all your work on the LuaPlayer :)
michaelp

Post by michaelp »

Sad to see that your leaving your Lua Player, Shine. I hope that someone will be able to take your place and keep up the great work of Lua Player.
Good luck to anyone who tries to maintain it.
alatnet

Post by alatnet »

Uh, I did help out in creating luaplayer Mod 4.
I might be able to take the job during college.
"Every team needs an idealistic person (whether they are a noob or a pro), my team doesn't have one cus im the idealistic founder." - me
Shine

Post by Shine »

Insert_witty_name would like to be the new project maintainer and I'm glad to handover the project to him! He leads the new development of Lua Player and maybe merging the PS2 development into the main Lua Player, if evilo have no objections.
evilo

Post by evilo »

Of course, and even more : please merge it into the main LuaPlayer !