[ALL SDK] font.c with AscII-II

Create a single thread for each patch to be added to the repository. Please try to stay on topic.
Allen

[ALL SDK] font.c with AscII-II

Post by Allen »

Source Font with special chars

Hello everybody,

I present you here the new Font.c, to compile in SDK.

This is a representation pixel by pixel from Luciana Console Font, with all chars AscII-II. This include all Latin Characters (Ç,Ñ,á...)

Valid for all SDK PSP, PS2 and PS3

This font.c is valid for SDK PSP and PS2, and only with make a change of the filename of font.c to font8x8.c and the declaration of u8 msx[] to const unsigned char font8x8[], you could use the font.c in toolchain for PS3

How to use

Replace your SDK files Font.C by new file, and recompile the SDK.

Depending on what useis, it may require modification of the parts code of SDK , because I found many cases where the representation of characters just run a loop from 32 to 127 (which contain within the printable ASCII chars - I ), in these cases you must modify these loops from 0 to 255

Acknowledgments

Especially thank the assistance from ifcaro, I did compile the SDK for PS2 just to show a Ñ.

Thank you all for your support and hope that this enjoy source.

Download Font.c Rar
www.schezard.es

Fuente con soporte de Caracteres Especiales

Buenas a todos,

Os presento aqui el Font.C para que podais compilarlo en vuestros SDK.

Esta fuente es una representacion pixel a pixel de Luciana Console, con los caracteres propios del AscII-II es decir, el AscII que contempla nuestros caracteres especificos, como las tildes o caracteres latinos como Ç y Ñ.

Valido por all SDK: PSP, PS2 and PS3

Este font.c es valido para los SDK de PSP y PS2, además con el cambio del nombre del fichero de font.c a font8x8.c y la declaracion de u8 msx[] a const unsigned char font8x8[] podreis usarlo en las ToolChain de PS3

Modo de Empleo

Sustituir de vuestros SDK los archivos Font.C por este, y recompilar el SDK.

Dependiendo de lo que useis, es posible que requiera modificar parte del codigo SDK, pues me he encontrado con multitud de caso, donde la representación de caracteres solo van en un bucle del 32 al 127 (los que contienen chars imprimible dentro del AscII - I), en estos casos debereis modificar estos bucles de 0 a 255

Muchos pensareis que esto es una chorrada, pues no se suele usar modo consolas para casi nada, pero en el desarrollo de PSP, es bastante más habitual tener aplicaciones textuales.

Agradecimientos

Agradecer sobretodo la ayuda prestada por ifcaro, que me hizo el favor de compilar el SDK de PS2 solo para mostrar una Ñ.

Gracias a todos por vuestro apoyo, y espero que aprobecheis esta fuente.

Descargar Font.c Rar
www.schezard.es
Last edited by Allen on Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Allen

Re: [ALL SDK] font.c with AscII-II

Post by Allen »

duplicated post
NoEffex

Post by NoEffex »

I'll build pspsdk with it and post some results.
Last edited by NoEffex on Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Programming with:
Geany + Latest PSPSDK from svn
Allen

Post by Allen »

you must see if pspsdk have a limit loop...
NoEffex

Post by NoEffex »

It compiles fine on the pspsdk after a small edit.

That being that tamtypes.h does not exist on pspsdk, and I believe it's psptypes.h. I'd honestly just try char for it.

EDIT: Works fine, successfully built an application with it, however the 'i's are kind of weird.
Programming with:
Allen

Post by Allen »

NoEffex wrote: EDIT: Works fine, successfully built an application with it, however the 'i's are kind of weird.
Thanks for trying, and give me your feelings.

True, the 'i' and other characters, may be somewhat unusual, compared to the previous fonts.c, but this is because it is an entirely different font.

In addition to the console windows that is not too pretty, and this is the same font.

I tried to find the fount prior to use, but I have not had luck in the search.

if anyone knows the name of older font, I could generate a new font.c with it.

(I make an application to generate font.c, and see which one would be relatively well)

Traduccion
NoEffex wrote: EDITO: Funciona bien, hgenere una aplicacion con el, pero las "Ies" son un poco raras
Gracias por probarlo, y darme tus opiniones.

Es verdad, la "i" y otros caracteres, pueden ser algo raros, comparada con la font.c anterior, pero esto es porque es una fuente totalmente diferente.

Además la consola windows no es demasiado bonita, y esta es la misma fuente.

Yo intente encontrar la fuente anterior para usarla, pero no tube suerte en la busqueda.

Si alguien conoce el nombre de la vieja fuente, podría generar un nuevo font.c con ella.

(Realice una aplicacion para generar los font.c, y ver cual de ellos se veia relativamente bien)
NoEffex

Post by NoEffex »

Allen wrote:
NoEffex wrote: EDIT: Works fine, successfully built an application with it, however the 'i's are kind of weird.
Thanks for trying, and give me your feelings.

True, the 'i' and other characters, may be somewhat unusual, compared to the previous fonts.c, but this is because it is an entirely different font.

In addition to the console windows that is not too pretty, and this is the same font.

I tried to find the fount prior to use, but I have not had luck in the search.

if anyone knows the name of older font, I could generate a new font.c with it.

(I make an application to generate font.c, and see which one would be relatively well)

Traduccion
NoEffex wrote: EDITO: Funciona bien, hgenere una aplicacion con el, pero las "Ies" son un poco raras
Gracias por probarlo, y darme tus opiniones.

Es verdad, la "i" y otros caracteres, pueden ser algo raros, comparada con la font.c anterior, pero esto es porque es una fuente totalmente diferente.

Además la consola windows no es demasiado bonita, y esta es la misma fuente.

Yo intente encontrar la fuente anterior para usarla, pero no tube suerte en la busqueda.

Si alguien conoce el nombre de la vieja fuente, podría generar un nuevo font.c con ella.

(Realice una aplicacion para generar los font.c, y ver cual de ellos se veia relativamente bien)
A little off-topic, but it appears you tried on a few occasions to literally translate spanish to english, which is often impossible. You generally have to translate it how you see fit, as the sentence structures differ.

Anyhow, I am aware that the font is iffy, you should try to do things like arial or something that are just one of those fonts that have been around for ages and support like every character or something.

I'm not sure the old windows used an official font, it might have been microsoft's font that was exclusively for that specific thing.
Programming with:
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

You really ought to start with a font specifically made for low-res bitmapped displays. I'd probably look at some of the old Amiga fonts, like Topaz. Having Topaz for the PSP debug font would be awesome! :D
NoEffex

Post by NoEffex »

Heres a little thing I threw together while testing the looks of some fonts.

Theres the original (psp)debug font, the one this dude posted, the linux console 8x8 fonts(the acorn one looks the best IMO) then theres the sparta sdk one. If you needed to compile it with ps2's just change psptypes.h to tamtypes.h. Just thought I'd throw it out there if anyone wanted to mess with their debug font.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k2ddyt
Programming with: