libjpeg, libpng, zlib fixes

Create a single thread for each patch to be added to the repository. Please try to stay on topic.
ragnarok2040

libjpeg, libpng, zlib fixes

Post by ragnarok2040 »

Since I haven't been able to get svn commit access, here are step-by-step instructions to fix the ports of libpng and libjpeg for a svn maintainer.
libpng.patch.tar.gz = http://www.mediafire.com/?thnjzwlm5y3
libjpeg.patch.tar.gz = http://www.mediafire.com/?mrnkmrijzj4
zlib-destdir.patch.tar.gz = http://www.mediafire.com/?zmrwkj0umyv
libpng:

Code: Select all

cd to ps2sdk-ports/libpng
svn delete makefile
svn commit -m "Remove old makefile"
svn delete libpng.txt
svn commit -m "Remove old libpng.txt"
Apply libpng.patch

This adds libpng-1.2.33.txt, and Y2KINFO from the official libpng-1.2.33 source. This also creates a new Makefile. You might need to 'svn add' them for versioning control, after applying the patch.
libjpeg:

cd to ps2sdk-ports/libjpeg/src
svn delete *.c *.h
svn commit -m "Remove old source"
cd to ps2sdk-ports/libjpeg
Apply libjpeg.patch from: 

This adds include/libjpg.h and src/libjpg.c, the libjpg interface functions needed for gsKit, and adds DESTDIR support for the Makefile. You might need to 'svn add' the previous two files to put them under svn control.
zlib:

cd to ps2sdk-ports (directory above zlib)
Apply zlib-destdir.patch

It doesn't add any files, just modifies its Makefile
Sorry about being verbose :/, but I can't merge my changes and a patch doesn't seem to work since svn diffs don't delete or move files.

The libjpg.c/libjpg.h are from the svntrunk/ps2/libjpg port plus the changes made by dlanor and Polo. If anyone could help update the sources, I'd appreciate it, :D.
Last edited by ragnarok2040 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
ragnarok2040

Post by ragnarok2040 »

I modified my original post with verbose steps to fix the ports of libpng/libjpeg, since they're not in working condition right now. My previous patches only partially worked since files needed to be deleted.

The problem with libpng is that the makefile is still the old one plus has an outdated libpng.txt and its missing some files required by libpng's license to distribute.

The problem with libjpeg is that the previous patch just emptied the old source files, instead of removing them. The files need to be removed and the removal committed. Then libjpg.c/libjpg.h are needed in order to make it work with gsKit, since it uses the interface from them.

zlib just needs to have its Makefile patched to support DESTDIR :D.

PS.
Sorry about hosting the patches at mediafire, but I'm having trouble logging into my hosted site, heh.
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

Committed in rev 1609.
Please double-check the results.
ragnarok2040

Post by ragnarok2040 »

:D, Thanks, they're all fixed up now. I didn't realize that svn delete was needed in order to remove files back then, heh. I figured that svn diff/patch had something figured out for that scenario, but I guess not :S. Thanks again :D.