Submitting Patches

Create a single thread for each patch to be added to the repository. Please try to stay on topic.
ooPo
Site Admin

Submitting Patches

Post by ooPo »

We've been seeing an increase in development by people who do not have access to the subversion repository. I've been trying to make sure these changes have been added but there's always a chance I'll miss one if it is buried deep in a thread I haven't been watching.

So, here's a helpful inbetween.

1) Create a new thread for the patch. Try to put a brief description and the platform in the title. (ex: [PSP] Add support for making sandwiches.)

2) Attach the patch somehow. I'm not sure what is the best way to do this. Sometimes putting it in between code tags work, sometimes it has to be linked to from an external site. Any suggestions?

3) Try to keep on topic if you're going to comment on the patch in its thread. This forum will be moderated a little more harshly than the others.

All patches are welcome, and your efforts are especially appreciated.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

The problem with code tags is that you have to cut-and-paste the patch into a text editor and save it. Between changes to the whitespace and line endings made by the code tags and the text editor, the file is altered and may fail.

Patch files should be archived, both to save space and to provide a means to verify the file was not corrupted during download. Then a long-term download service should be used. RapidShare rapidly forgets files that aren't constantly downloaded, so it should not be used. I like MediaFire and SendSpace. If others have a favorite that is good, be sure to post.
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

Doesn't phpBB support file attachements? If we only enabled it for this board I think it should be fine.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

I don't see anything in the configuration panel, perhaps its a plugin? I don't have access to add plugins.
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

Ah, yep, after a quick google it does indeed require a plugin ("mod").
Torch

Post by Torch »

Send space only remembers for 7 days! Thats a lot less than RapidShare.
The BEST file hosting service is http://www.ifile.it
No limits, no waiting, no inactivity period.

And PHPBB3 supports attachments natively. I notice the forums are still on PHPBB v1.0 :O

Thats really ancient and insecure, and any hacker could nuke PHPBB's MySql user account completely if they so wanted to. Not to mention dump and upload the entire scheme and user account tables.
Oobles
Site Admin

Post by Oobles »

Does anyone have experience with PHPBB3? Is it stable enough? I'm happy to upgrade to it if people thinks it is worthwhile.

Also, were not on PHPBB v1.0.. I'm slow with my upgrades, but not that slow. :)

I'm having some troubles with the server right now. Will hopefully be fixed soon.

David. aka Oobles.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Torch wrote:Send space only remembers for 7 days! Thats a lot less than RapidShare.
The BEST file hosting service is http://www.ifile.it
No limits, no waiting, no inactivity period.
I went and checked... SendSpace regards inactivity as no download in 30 days. So it's 7 days AFTER 30 days without a download. So it's roughly the same as RapidShare. Which is why I use MediaFire... I've only used SendSpace a few times for people who wanted something short term, so I forgot it was short term as well. Sorry about the confusion. :D
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

Of course, you could just email one of the SDK maintainers the patch file, but the problem with that is most of us are busy so it'll stick around in our inbox for a few months. The nice thing about having the patches in the forums is people can apply them if they really-absolutely need the fix right now.
misfire

Post by misfire »

Is anyone taking care of the latest patch submissions?

(BTW, I'd be willing to work as a PS2SDK maintainer.)
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

If we're missing your patches, just keep bugging us, eventually we'll get to it. You can also talk to oobles or neovanglist to get commit access if you're doing a bunch of work. Thanks.