Signup

"A collection of spu programs to accelerate media related applications for the CellBE ( PS3 ) platform" - unsolo

Moderator: unsolo

unsolo

Signup

Post by unsolo »

We wold like to see more people joining in on this project!

what you need to join is to paste your name / nick etc and how to get in touch and what you want to do .

Ofc you should have a PS3 preferably some knowledge of c/c++ and real time systems but its not a must!

Current members are

* unsolo lead developer currently working on mpeg
* vi_vid developer currently working on mpeg
* John_k developer currently working on idct
* rohde developer
* Sauce aiding
* lu_zero working on integration into libswscale/ffmpeg/mplayer
Don't do it alone.
navimarin

Post by navimarin »

Hi there. My name is Christian (nick: navimarin) and I am really interested in everything that works on Linux on PS3. I have been reading a lot about h264 on Linux, especially about encoding. Seems like this is a very complicated topic. For that I'll leave this to the Pro's for now. Still, me being a big HD freak, I feel like contributing to this 'scene' in some way is a good thing I'd like to join your team. At the moment I'm doing an inturnship, so there is very little spare time. I'm studying software engineering and have been working with C++ a while ago. So I would like to start to get into that again with focus on programming on Cell. So feel free to assign me to any task which needs to be done and I'll start learning. ;) At the moment I don't own a PS3 (yet) but I have installed the IBM kit though. Will be the next 'toy' I'm buying. So if you are interested in my working hands, just contact me at navimarin at moronism dot de
navimarin

Post by navimarin »

*Args* I lost myself in one sentence there. Hope you get what I wanted to say. Guess now everone knows that I'm not natively speaking English. ^^
Frek

Post by Frek »

Although I may not contribute in the very near future due to a busy schedule at this time of the year, I will certainly look into this project (but I don't know when or if it will happen, so I know this post will be interpreted mostly as vapor), I just wanted to post to possibly encourage that there is people supporting this project even though they're not active, I really wish I had time to sit down and work on this- while I'm no Cell expert by any means, I do believe I could contribute in some ways- even if the result wouldn't always be optimal :)

And finally while this project certainly could provide the same acceleration as librsx did- I don't consider them conflicting at all, this library could accelerate linux in a totaly different way by providing faster and or offloading computing for a widevarity of applications.