spu-medialib lives on and here is the planned upgrades...

"A collection of spu programs to accelerate media related applications for the CellBE ( PS3 ) platform" - unsolo

Moderator: unsolo

unsolo

spu-medialib lives on and here is the planned upgrades...

Post by unsolo »

ok guys i finally started looking into future upgrades of spu-medialib which will include the following new features i hope..

for video / image processing

-Multicore scaling with nearest neigbour bilinear and also bicubic scaling
-Multicore colorspace conversion
-Swizzled ram removing all size restrictions
-Unaligned handling removing more restrictions

for EXA..
-Multicore fire and forget EXA with "region locking" This will make desktop ps3 usable..

Just some ideas i have..
-real time image rotation
-real time blending(composite perhaps)

But ill be 90% to buisy to answer forum post so please "commit" fixes..

svn repo is beeing moved to sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/spu-medialib/

spu-medialib.org will work somewhat from now on out..
if you want to help have a chat with me on #spu-medialib on freenode or contact me on email..

Sorry for lack of support..
Don't do it alone.
Chambers1

Post by Chambers1 »

Great to hear, good luck with it!!
You mean people actually do that?
playce

Post by playce »

Cool! I really appreciate this library...
mattruby

Re: spu-medialib lives on and here is the planned upgrades..

Post by mattruby »

unsolo wrote:ok guys i finally started looking into future upgrades of spu-medialib which will include the following new features i hope..

(...)

for EXA..
-Multicore fire and forget EXA with "region locking" This will make

(...)

If you get a chance to reply while busily working on the actual SW, can you tell us just what the new work will mean in terms of an Xv or other driver that runs X on the SPUs? Will the new version let us just install a new driver (maybe with APT? Please?) and our MPlayer and/or Xine windows will work faster, as well as the movies playing in them, as well as the other apps' windows? Please?

Thanks for coming back, anyhow :).
unsolo

Post by unsolo »

mattruby wrote:
unsolo wrote:ok guys i finally started looking into future upgrades of spu-medialib which will include the following new features i hope..

(...)

for EXA..
-Multicore fire and forget EXA with "region locking" This will make

(...)

If you get a chance to reply while busily working on the actual SW, can you tell us just what the new work will mean in terms of an Xv or other driver that runs X on the SPUs? Will the new version let us just install a new driver (maybe with APT? Please?) and our MPlayer and/or Xine windows will work faster, as well as the movies playing in them, as well as the other apps' windows? Please?

Thanks for coming back, anyhow :).
Hey Trying my best to feed the masses .. just fixed the exit bug in mplayer -vo ps3..
Don't do it alone.
mattruby

Post by mattruby »

unsolo wrote:
mattruby wrote: Thanks for coming back, anyhow :).
Hey Trying my best to feed the masses .. just fixed the exit bug in mplayer -vo ps3..
Welcome back again :).

Is there a posted doc somewhere with links to code or binaries for how to install the current revision?
mattruby

Post by mattruby »

mattruby wrote:
unsolo wrote:
mattruby wrote: Thanks for coming back, anyhow :).
Welcome back again :).

Is there a posted doc somewhere with links to code or binaries for how to install the current revision?
I note that the project is under development at SourceForge and at Google Code, as detailed in "New dep speutils and spu-medialib is now at sourceforge", while the other thread at "The hunt for the perfect PS3 MPlayer+Freevo setup" describes build and installation procedures (and problems).