cross compilation problems, seg fault on PS3...

Investigation into how Linux on the PS3 might lead to homebrew development.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

steelblood_relic

cross compilation problems, seg fault on PS3...

Post by steelblood_relic »

Hi all!

Can't find the answer to this problem anywhere, though more people should have the same problem as I...

I compile my PPE/SPE code in separate projects in Eclipse, using the Cell IDE add-on. They compile, and I think that I have linked the SPE-program correctly with my PPE-program, since I get no errors when compiling (if the SPE-program is compiled).

Then I send the executable files to my PS3, but the PPE-app don't seem to find the SPE-app. I tried to put them in the same directory in my PS3, is this wrong, or is there any more files that I need?

Ohh, and by the way, the SPE-program works perfectly to run by itself, and also the PPE-program, if I uncomment the SPE-thread stuff in the PPE-code.

It seems to crash when I load the SPE-context, I get segmentation fault there.

Thank you!

/David
steelblood_relic

Post by steelblood_relic »

After a few hours of debugging and googling, I realized that the SPE-program is embedded in the PPE-program... :O

So it had to be something else that is wrong than I thought, and then, after some more debugging, I found out where my problem was.

if ( spe_context_run( pContext, &pc, 0, NULL, NULL, NULL ) < 0 ) { ... }

I had that last parameter as NULL; that caused the segmentation fault. That had to be a valid pointer, and I think it's pretty wierd that I didn't get any debug messages or anything when it was NULL. I should get that in the debug build, but anyways, it's working like it should now.