Logitech QuickCam Messenger working

Investigation into how Linux on the PS3 might lead to homebrew development.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

urchin

Logitech QuickCam Messenger working

Post by urchin »

I've not read anywhere about anyone getting this working yet (unless it works out of the box and I just have bad luck) so I thought I would post here in case anyone is trying similar and runs into problems. After a bit of searching and fiddling, I managed to get my Logitech QuickCam Messenger (046d:08da) working under Kubuntu.

The gspca USB webcam driver from http://mxhaard.free.fr/ built after removing CC=$(CC) from line 44 in the makefile:

Code: Select all

$(MAKE) -C $(KERNELDIR) SUBDIRS=$(PWD) modules
It seems not to build in 64 bit mode otherwise. The compiled module would then load, but exited with the following error when accessing /dev/video:

Code: Select all

gspca_core.c: init isoc: usb_submit_urb(0) ret -38
indicating that isochronous mode is not supported. Enabling CONFIG_USB_EHCI_SPLIT_ISO in the kernel solved this problem and now it works. I tested using Camorama as Xawtv appears to require OpenGL.
ralferoo

Re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger working

Post by ralferoo »

urchin wrote:Enabling CONFIG_USB_EHCI_SPLIT_ISO in the kernel solved this problem and now it works. I tested using Camorama as Xawtv appears to require OpenGL.
You probably want to tell the people who wrote the driver as it probably affects other platforms in that case. It might be something they need to put in their documentation / dependencies.