python-ps3 version 0.1.4 released

Investigation into how Linux on the PS3 might lead to homebrew development.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

ralferoo

python-ps3 version 0.1.4 released

Post by ralferoo »

Oh yeah, an example code snippet for the sound support:

Code: Select all

import ps3
playback = ps3.Playback()

sample1 = ps3.Sample('noise.wav')
playback.play(sample1)

sample2 = ps3.Sample('left.wav')
playback.play(sample2,100,0)

sample3 = ps3.Sample('right.wav')
playback.play(sample3,0,100)
Have fun!
ralferoo

Re: python-ps3 version 0.1.4 released

Post by ralferoo »

OK, I'm really confused now... That post was supposed to be a reply to a thread I'd accidentally started when I meant to just add information to my previous thread on python-ps3.

Oobles: If it's easiest for you to just remove this whole thread, I'm happy for that and I'll just repost where I meant to originally.

If this thread stays around, it previously announced 0.1.4 of my python games library which adds support for sound playback, with no real limit on number of samples being played back at any one time.

The project web page is http://python-ps3.sourceforge.net/ and the download page is https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil ... _id=194956

Sorry again for starting a new thread...
Last edited by ralferoo on Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ralferoo

Post by ralferoo »

I've improved the demo game so it now has halfway decent graphics. It's amazing what a couple of hours spent on graphics does to the perception of the game as the code is basically the same but it looks and feels like a real game now!

Download version 0.1.5 of the library to check it out. I'll add a screenshot of it here sometime soon as soon as I've added a call to the library to support that!
ralferoo

Post by ralferoo »