SONY WIRELESS KEYPAD - paired using USB!

Investigation into how Linux on the PS3 might lead to homebrew development.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

tolysz

SONY WIRELESS KEYPAD - paired using USB!

Post by tolysz »

Hi there

I had bought this state of the art device, however as PS3-less user of this forum I was disappointed as this keypad does not work out of box!.

I've looked everywhere and no support.

So I started with this sixpair from http://www.pabr.org/sixlinux/sixlinux.en.html and applied brute-force and ended with

Code: Select all

/*
 * sixpair_kbd.c version 2009-01-7
 * Compile with: gcc -o sixpair_kbd sixpair_kbd.c -lusb
 */

Which makes keyboard & touchpad paired :) and working.

BTW. DUALSHOCK3/SIXAXIS provide a bogus information about its capabilities so kernel patch or other means are necessary to correct this
for a working solution see my other post :).

Happy Hacking

edit: just removed the code, as it is supposed to work out of the box :) - we will see about that: full code requests via pm :) if you are interested.
Last edited by tolysz on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

Um, you do realize that the manual provided with the keypad tells you how to pair it without using USB?
You can pair and use the wireless keypad with other Bluetooth-compatible products. For details on pairing with another product, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. To set the keypad to pairing mode, slide the power switch to "ON" while pressing the blue button. Continue pressing the blue button until the keypad is set to pairing mode. When the keypad is in pairing mode, the status indicator, the Caps lock indicator and the touch pad indicator will all flash alternately. If a pass key is requested, enter the numbers specified by the Bluetooth-compatible product or numbers of your choice (four digits or more) if the product does not specify a key pass key.
tolysz

Post by tolysz »

jbit wrote:Um, you do realize that the manual provided with the keypad tells you how to pair it without using USB?
You can pair and use the wireless keypad with other Bluetooth-compatible products. For details on pairing with another product, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. To set the keypad to pairing mode, slide the power switch to "ON" while pressing the blue button. Continue pressing the blue button until the keypad is set to pairing mode. When the keypad is in pairing mode, the status indicator, the Caps lock indicator and the touch pad indicator will all flash alternately. If a pass key is requested, enter the numbers specified by the Bluetooth-compatible product or numbers of your choice (four digits or more) if the product does not specify a key pass key.
Do not believe in everything you read :)
The keypad is not guaranteed to work with all Bluetooth(R)- compatible products and may not work properly with some Bluetooth - compatible products
Read it: may not work with Linux :)

After you connect it to your PS3, it will be paired with it. So It will work with Linux. However if your Linux box is not a PS3 then ...