TEAM ICE Release: ICE PACKAGE

Technical discussion on the newly released and hard to find PS3.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

snaap06

TEAM ICE Release: ICE PACKAGE

Post by snaap06 »

Well looks like people are finally starting to pull out their big guns and getting ready to crack PS3 .

With yesterdays new TiFF exploit released, Team ICE has agreed torelease their ELF 2 SELF tool the Resistance Fall of Man and Motorstorm1.1 exploit many of you guys heard about a while back.

The tool allows us to run ELF files via RFOM/MS exploit on the PS3 which can potentially lead to the first "Hello World" on the PS3 if our cards are played right.

The download below contains the converter, examples and tutorial on howto get started on converting your ELF files and exerimenting on yourPS3. Post your results in here.

link: Link Removed
jonwil

Post by jonwil »

Why would you need to hack the PS3 when you can just use the official OtherOS mode to run your code?
naivri

Post by naivri »

erm

running them without crippling the SPE and RSX ?
Compound

Post by Compound »

i cant find any homebrew that even uses the 6 spe's we have availible, im sure another wont change much
ouasse

Post by ouasse »

I definitely would take advantage of a free additional SPE (for my scientific computing code)
naivri

Post by naivri »

Compound wrote:i cant find any homebrew that even uses the 6 spe's we have availible, im sure another wont change much
/me scratches head

of course you can't............because there is no way to run code in an environment that allows access to it

Has anyone here tried making some code and building it into a self using the tool and running it using this supposed exploit from this forum?

The team that released it say they have no access to the SDK and dont know how to code a simple "hello world" elf

any takers ?
ps2devman

Post by ps2devman »

I find interesting any evil hack that may lead to :
- a firmware downgrader (for those trapped in 2.10)
- more knowledge about the gpu interrupt handler inside hv

Would help to take advantage of RSX up to 100% of its potential (TILES).
Compound

Post by Compound »

naivri wrote:
Compound wrote:i cant find any homebrew that even uses the 6 spe's we have availible, im sure another wont change much
/me scratches head

of course you can't............because there is no way to run code in an environment that allows access to it

Has anyone here tried making some code and building it into a self using the tool and running it using this supposed exploit from this forum?

The team that released it say they have no access to the SDK and dont know how to code a simple "hello world" elf

any takers ?
linux can access 6 of the spu's, that has been the case since the ps3 launch, which is why i dont understand people hacking the gameos, except for piracy... rsx with opengl would be nice, but even if thats hacked drivers will still need to be written for it, which is no easy task