New hint...

Technical discussion on the newly released and hard to find PS3.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

ps2devman

New hint...

Post by ps2devman »

Ferrox exploit's author released this tiny bit of info (in order to explain why some video, claiming a hack works on fw 1.80, is fake):
Besides that, hypervisor priviledges were adjusted with 1.60 because of the ferrox POC to prevent something like this ever existing.
I got estonished since I thought HV had all priviledges...

Maybe EE can lock something and HV hasn't enough priviledges to unlock its way and thus remains stuck... Just an idea...
Ps3Rips

Post by Ps3Rips »

I read it to mean

In lower firmwares a user could hijack a process and the PS3 would continue to spawn new processes, but in newer firmwares if a process has a lock the hypervisor will prevent any new processes from starting until that lock has been released.

(I'm guessing a similar thing to SQL when it has a lock - however SQL will choose a deadlock victim whereas hypervisor will just sit and wait it out. To prevent any code being run)
StrontiumDog

Post by StrontiumDog »

The Forrox Author should have no credibility whatsoever. His stuff is the grandfather of all PS3 fakes. Nothing was adjusted to stop Ferrox working, because he never had anything working in the first place.

What nonsense crap he speaks now. HV privileges were adjusted in 1.6, what a bunch of crap. The HV runs at HV privilege. End of story.

Note: I am not in any way supporting the notion that the other stuff here being referred to is real.