cygwin errors with ps3toolchain

Technical discussion on the newly released and hard to find PS3.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

cloudboy

cygwin errors with ps3toolchain

Post by cloudboy »

for some reason, automake will not install, no matter how many times i d/l it. also, look at this screen:

kid101skater

Post by kid101skater »

for some reason it wont install in cygwin...

thats why i switched to linux :)
cloudboy

Post by cloudboy »

well, i am running xp and i have a virtual machine with ubuntu 6.06 on it. (vmware server). How would i install it in ubuntu? just do

Code: Select all

sudo ./toolchain-sudo.sh
?
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

There have been several people who have had absolutely no problem at all building a working toolchain under cygwin.

I suspect you haven't actually installed cygwin properly if things are not installing 'no matter how many times i d/l it'.

I further suspect that you've been mucking around with the build scripts, skipping parts that didn't want to build. This would lead to things like 'ppu-cc: command not found'.

The scripts have checks for a reason. They fail for a reason. Fixing problems, instead of glossing over it, may be a good plan.
cloudboy

Post by cloudboy »

ooPo wrote: The scripts have checks for a reason. They fail for a reason. Fixing problems, instead of glossing over it, may be a good plan.
You know, you may have a valid point there...
nirving

Re: cygwin errors with ps3toolchain

Post by nirving »

cloudboy wrote:for some reason, automake will not install, no matter how many times i d/l it. also, look at this screen:
Well it is plain to see what the issue is.
it cannot find ppu-cc, which means that you have not configured your path correctly, as in step 2 (???) of the readme.
nirving

Post by nirving »

ooPo wrote:There have been several people who have had absolutely no problem at all building a working toolchain under cygwin.
I don;t mean any disrespect, but I have started with a clean cygwin and added the necessary libraries and I still cannot get it to complete. I have switched to Ubuntu where it worked first time no problems. I am going to spend some more time to figure out the issue as I would prefer Windows at the moment.
ps2devman

Post by ps2devman »

The ppu part worked for me, at first try, with first released working toolchain.

My cygwin was a full install made last year, in summer, from belgium server. Maybe a little something changed in cygwin distro since that time.

What is sure, is it's possible to just winrar the whole cygwin directory, backup it somewhere and just unrar it later on whatever machine.

There is a post in this forum about the little additional steps required to have the toolchains work again (repair symbolic links, setup registry).

So... if someone has a completely working and valid cygwin, with all existing toolchains (ps3, ps2, psp, xb1, 360, etc...), he can publish the "snapshot". I will be pleased to help writing a script to fix the links.
(will probably require Gigabytes... But it's a nice project in itself)

For now, I'm missing the spu part. So I'm not a good candidate yet.
cloudboy

Post by cloudboy »

i had cygwin running perfectly on my computer until i upgraded hdd's and had to wipe alot of my bootable harddrive. (long story) maybe it is something in the registry or something?