SIXAXIS under Windows

Technical discussion on the newly released and hard to find PS3.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

zshadow

Post by zshadow »

Anyone know if there is a solution yet to getting a DS3 controller working on Vista x64?
tsunami2311

Post by tsunami2311 »

any version of BTsix Above 1.4a just crashes and never starts for me, and 1.4a tends to crash on me after i disconnect the usb cable and hit the ps button.

Controler continues to work via bluetooth so long as i don't click the error away cause program is still running till i close the error cause program closes then
Zaza

Post by Zaza »

Zaza wrote:Hi I'm running Vista 32bit and trying to install FreeBT A3. My BT dongle is this one and I've been struggling for hours. Firstly, Vista always starts installing drivers for the dongle when I plug it in. After I told it not to, it only installed what seemed like basic drivers (could tell it was BT and whatnot) and asked me for the device drivers. Every time I point to the FreeBT driver folder I either get an error telling me there's no driver for my device in there or that "he best driver software for your device is already installed."

Please is there anyway around this?
Anyone care to help? I've managed to catch the Generic Bluetooth Radio driver before Vista automatically updated it and installed the FreeBT driver. However I can't find my Bluetooth places or anything like that. There's no Bluetooth network! Help?
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

Well for starters when you install the Freebt driver it disables Bluetooth places and pretty much all other bluetooth functionality except for use with BtSix
moreno

Post by moreno »

are there any drivers for the Dual Shock 3?

i can only find drivers for sixaxis, and they work, but there is no rumble.
eighta

Post by eighta »

Hello everybody,

Please someone who can help me.

My DS3 does not want to work, these are the steps that I do:

1. I install Microsoft Visual C 2008 Redistributable
2. I connect my Bluetooth dongle.
3. I upgrade my bluetooth device to "FreeBT USB Driver."
4. Install "libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1"
5. I connect the DS3 via the USB cable.
6. I install the "PPJOY 0.83", and I add a "Virtual Joystick"
7. I run the "BtSix" and I click on the button "Address".
8. I disconnect the DS3 from the USB cable and press the middle button DS3.

ImageImage

In that instant turn on the LEDs behind the DS3, and begins with the search for the signal, then a few seconds the BtSix change the title to "Sixaxis is connected," as shown in the image below:

And nothing more happens.

What else needs to be done?
What am I doing wrong?

Somebody help me!!!!

Thanks in advance.

I am on Windows XP SP3, and absoluty nothing more
Mr.Brightside

Post by Mr.Brightside »

eighta wrote:Hello everybody,

Please someone who can help me.

My DS3 does not want to work, these are the steps that I do:

1. I install Microsoft Visual C 2008 Redistributable
2. I connect my Bluetooth dongle.
3. I upgrade my bluetooth device to "FreeBT USB Driver."
4. Install "libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1"
5. I connect the DS3 via the USB cable.
6. I install the "PPJOY 0.83", and I add a "Virtual Joystick"
7. I run the "BtSix" and I click on the button "Address".
8. I disconnect the DS3 from the USB cable and press the middle button DS3.

ImageImage

In that instant turn on the LEDs behind the DS3, and begins with the search for the signal, then a few seconds the BtSix change the title to "Sixaxis is connected," as shown in the image below:

And nothing more happens.

What else needs to be done?
What am I doing wrong?

Somebody help me!!!!

Thanks in advance.

I am on Windows XP SP3, and absoluty nothing more
make sure your bt hardware is 2.0, sounds to me like an old bt issue
eighta

Post by eighta »

Mr.Brightside wrote: make sure your bt hardware is 2.0, sounds to me like an old bt issue
My bluetooth dongle is 2.0, and how you can see in the picture, the HCI and LMP is version 3.
Tindytim

Post by Tindytim »

Well, he's also using an install of Windows XP that's been edited by nLite (down to 200MB I think he said).
eighta

Post by eighta »

Tindytim wrote:Well, he's also using an install of Windows XP that's been edited by nLite (down to 200MB I think he said).
Exactly is XP Pro Performance Edition By tj007s13 September 2008 Servi Pack 3
Zaza

Post by Zaza »

rypaul wrote:Well for starters when you install the Freebt driver it disables Bluetooth places and pretty much all other bluetooth functionality except for use with BtSix
Ah that makes more sense! Thanks.

However I now have a new problem: I can't install the DriverXP drivers to PPJoy. Vista would consistently install drivers automatically before I could get to it, so I just completely uninstalled the drivers. Now Vista asks me for the drivers for drivers for my "Parallel Port Joystick Device." Problem is that when I point it to the DriverXP folder Vista tells me it can't find any drivers for my device in there. Any ideas?
JuneyP

Post by JuneyP »

Ive been having the same problems as many people and have read through ALL of the the posts both here AND the IGN boards... i just cant seem to get the buttons to work... it says connected.. i have the latest btsix and freebt visual c++ and my bluetooth dongle is 2.0 with 3.500 LMP

idk wtf is goin on though i doubt its the dongle im probably missing something .. ive seen that its incompatible with Windows Media Center???
Zaza

Post by Zaza »

Well I figured out how to trick Vista. I open the driver properties window then go back to device manager and uninstall the drivers. However when I try to install the BtSix drivers it says that they cannot be installed on this device. Any ideas?
JuneyP

Post by JuneyP »

Zaza wrote:Well I figured out how to trick Vista. I open the driver properties window then go back to device manager and uninstall the drivers. However when I try to install the BtSix drivers it says that they cannot be installed on this device. Any ideas?
what are you trying to apply the drivers to? ppjoy virtual joystick or bluetooth dongle...

the driver included is for the dongle not for the joystick if im not mistaken.. (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE correct me if im wrong lol)
either way to force the driver onto the dongle

1. Go to Device Manager via System Properties
2. Right Click Your Device and press update driver
3. Click "Install From a List or Specific Location"
4. click Dont Search i will choose what driver to install and then next
5 press HAVE DISK and go to the driver directory
Zaza

Post by Zaza »

Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty sure the drivers included with BtSix is for the PPJoy virtual joystick. I tried what you suggested but Vista tells me the drivers aren't compatible to the device.
sekros

Post by sekros »

hello, i have a question

I have two controllers connected with a Vista machine.
One is a PS2 controller connected through an USB converter.
Another one is a PS3 controller (sixaxis) connected using btsix.

The sixaxis always seems to be recognized as PAD2 and wont work in most single player games i have.
Changing the "Preferred Device" in "Game Controllers" does not seem to actually change pad number.

How can I fix this?
Thank you very much.
Marlec

Post by Marlec »

excellent app 89ron great work :)

Can anyone get rumble to work ?? in most games for PC the option is greyed out or just wont work, havent been able to get it working in ePSXe either.

Thx in advance
Zaza

Post by Zaza »

Well the DS3 works, yay! In the Game Controllers menu in the Control Panel the DS3 shows up as Parallel Port Joystick 1 and works in games. However when I try to edit the button placements in PPJoy it doesn't transfer over. Maybe this is because I never got the PPJoy driver that came with BtSix to work? Thanks again.
dxpsteve

Post by dxpsteve »

anybody know if there's a chance of the freebt driver being updated?

ive been scouring google and forums trying to get this to work for me, but ive been stuck at step one. vista wont let me install the freebt drivers for my dongle. when i try right-click -> install on the .inf file, i get "inf file does not support this method of installation" error. when i try updating the current driver, it tells me that the current driver is the best driver. and when i uninstall, vista starts automatically installing the standard drivers again.

ive even tried moving the bth driver files from my system32/drivers folder, hoping that i would be forced to select another one, but pc wont allow me to do so.

just curious if anyone knows anything about freebt or its dev? i was looking at a sixaxis bt thread over on ign, and the link given to the freebt site shows that the latest release is from 2004.

so as of now, im assuming that my dongle (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... bta%203210) is just not compatible with the current freebt driver? or possibly is there some kind of workaround for getting this driver to install for me?
eighta

Post by eighta »

hi every one,

who can make me a favor?

I want that someone can sell me a BlueTooth, tongle compabile!

Thank you
fabie1

Ps3 bluetooth controller

Post by fabie1 »

Hey Ron!

I followed the guides to make the sixaxis work via bluetooth.
After some problems I managed to make the computer and the sixaxis pair, the two lights on each side of the sixaxis light up, so I think that's ok.

I've got a Bluesoleil bluetooth dongle and i'm not sure wether it is a bluetooth V2 dongle. So I think this might be the problem, cause everytime it connects the light turn on, but the bars in BtSix don't react.

I already ordered a bluetooth dongle of which I know it supports Bluetooth V2. So do you think this is the problem?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Fabian
eighta

Re: Ps3 bluetooth controller

Post by eighta »

fabie1 wrote:Hey Ron!

I followed the guides to make the sixaxis work via bluetooth.
After some problems I managed to make the computer and the sixaxis pair, the two lights on each side of the sixaxis light up, so I think that's ok.

I've got a Bluesoleil bluetooth dongle and i'm not sure wether it is a bluetooth V2 dongle. So I think this might be the problem, cause everytime it connects the light turn on, but the bars in BtSix don't react.

I already ordered a bluetooth dongle of which I know it supports Bluetooth V2. So do you think this is the problem?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Fabian
I Think that you have to take more variables in count, because i have two dongle bluetooth "V2", and still dont work the pad PS3 via Bluetooth
Besson1412

Post by Besson1412 »

can anyone paly pes2009 with Rumble/Vibration?
and how?

Thx
suren1112

multiplayer

Post by suren1112 »

First of all, just wanna say a great big thanks for 89ron's work and any others' contributions.

I know that you are working on the multiplayer code with difficulty but was wondering whether there is any way to make more than 2 controllers work with BtSix.0.5.0.5b.exe. Noticed that others were only able to use up to 2 controllers, not the 4 that it is supposed to support - only need basic functions such as buttons and analogue stick support (for PES2009).

Any help or support would be most welcome, thanks!
seam

Post by seam »

i thought that using 2 controllers with btsix wasnt possible.
suren1112

Post by suren1112 »

you can use 2 controllers with the beta version (but this does not support all the newer features of the full btsix (1.5 ->))

you are, however, meant to be able to use 4 controllers with the beta version, even if you don't have all these new features

always been a big fan of split-screen multiplayer since the good old days of goldeneye, perfect dark and mario-kart and pes is great with 4 people in the same room

is there anyone else with the same problem or (even better) someone who has been able to get round this and is using btsix (beta) to play with 4 controllers?

any help appreciated, thanks!
krapman

far cry 2 btsix

Post by krapman »

Hello, i've tried to use btsix with Far Cry 2 but it doesn't work. I've read on Gamefaqs that the 360 controller works for the game. I've played pc games such as Grid and dmc4 and they work like the 360 but not for FarCry2. The question is, is it possible?
balgopi

Post by balgopi »

can you guys please help me :)

I dont know what to do. I need a easy step to step directions:

I have FIFA 09 for PC and i want to use my DualShock 3 controller for it :D

Please help me
someone
Idiot

Post by someone »

Hi

is there any chance to get btsix running without FreeBT?

Maybe in a future release of btsix?
Dystopia

Dead Space

Post by Dystopia »

Thanks everybody responsible for making it possible to connect sixaxis through bluetooth. :)

I have a small problem when trying to configure the controller for Dead Space. First I tried to play it without editing the PPJoy at all. But the problem with that is that the 360 and the PS3 mappings are different. So I tried editing the PPJoy as well as the config in MyDocuments/EA/Dead Space to fix it but without any luck. It just got worse as a matter of fact.

Does anyone know what the correct settings are? Help would be greatly appreciated.

/Dyst