SIXAXIS under Windows

Technical discussion on the newly released and hard to find PS3.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

pichili.pichili

Re: BtSix & DualShock 3

Post by pichili.pichili »

E-M@iLinAtoR wrote:
pichili.pichili wrote: Many thanks for your prompt reply but, as far as I know, this version of BtSix doesn´t work with DS3. I've tried again and when I pressed PS buton, the joystick starts to rumble, besides, BtSix only shows PPJOY number one and cannot connect two joystics...
Too bad, that beta has the rumble bug then. I can't tell since I have the Sixaxis Controllers. But at mine, it does show PPJOY number 1-4 actually.
Have you added 4 Virtual Joysticks on PPJoy Config (no matter how many controllers u use, the beta wants 4 Virtual Ports)? Or did u just, like me too initally, didn't see that there are very tiny scroll buttons in the dropdown in BtSix's PPJoy section, u can use mouse wheel too, after clicking the dropdown.
Imo, just to test it, after u click PS on DS3 Nr. one it should light LED1 and if it starts to rumble, just let it rumble and click PS on DS3 Nr. two and it should rumble too, lighting up LED 2. Of course both controllers have to be paired one by one before, use the latest non beta for that.
But the rumble problem stays, i guess, but u should try anyway, just to test. I'm sure 89ron could solve that probs too, but I guess he doesn't work on the project anymore.

Btw, if both controllers are connected and working, the test fields for "Buttons and Joysticks" in BtSix shows the "average" of both controller's input. So if u press and hold a button on one controller only, it blinks between 0 and 1, but if u press same button on the other controller too, it stays 1. Bit weird, but it works like a charm, btsix passes the right info to the virtual joysticks and all.
I've tried once again and, as you said, one control shows led number one and the otherone light up led number two. The problem is that both rumble continously! And BtSix only shown PPJOY1 in the scroll window. Besides when I press and hold a button on one controller only, it blinks between 0 and 1, but if I press same button on the other controller too, it stays 1.
E-M@iLinAtoR

Post by E-M@iLinAtoR »

As i guessed, thanks for testing again. I'm not sure if 89ron has ever been told or found out, that the beta worked with 2 sixaxis. Cuz he did fix the DS3 rumble bug after the betas. But the progress from the betas didn't get into the newer versions.
xDarKnighTx

Post by xDarKnighTx »

Anyone know of a cheap bluetooth dongle that supports this?

I have the same problem as nexxxus, where the title of btsix says "connected" but none of the buttons work.
E-M@iLinAtoR

Post by E-M@iLinAtoR »

xDarKnighTx wrote:Anyone know of a cheap bluetooth dongle that supports this?

I have the same problem as nexxxus, where the title of btsix says "connected" but none of the buttons work.
Anycom Bluetooth 2.0 USB-250 (Class 1, 120m)
Or the pretty unknown LogiLink BT0002 v2.0, works best and costs under 10€ new.
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

The Cirago BTA-6210 is available at www.newegg.com for about $23 and I just proved tonight that it works.

By the way, for those of you having issues, one thing I found is that sometimes USB hubs prevent the bluetooth dongle and/or the PS3 controller from properly functioning. If you're having trouble, plug the bluetooth dongle and your PS3 controller directly into your PC instead of a USB hub...just in case. I have a emulation machine next to my PS3 under the TV, and I was using the hub that comes with Rock Band since it was nearby, and apparently that's not going to fly :-)
eighta

Post by eighta »

Some ones know if the creator of the driver, shares the source code?
Zaza

Post by Zaza »

I have a problem.

When I try to map different buttons in PPJOY, it never actually does it. PPJOY says it does, but it never changes ingame or in my Game Controllers menu. So I've been trying to figure out how to fix this and decided to run the Configure Joysticks application as administrator. I did this, then edited everything and all the buttons showed up differently ingame, albeit in an incorrect configuration, so I figured I had a success. Well I went back into PPJOY to change buttons again and it doesn't work. So now I'm stuck with a completely unplayable configuration. Anyone know how to fix this?
Lefa

Post by Lefa »

Hello everybody!
As first congratz to 89rom for the great job!

I do have a problem connecting 2 sixaxis to my pc that run windows xp.
I'm using version Beta 0.5.0.0, I've no problems connecting one joypad, but every time that I try to associate the second one it refuse the connection, swapping the already linked joypad red led from 1 to 2, while it keep on flashing.

Anyone could kindly help me?

Thank you!
E-M@iLinAtoR

Post by E-M@iLinAtoR »

@Lefa:
What you wanna do must work, cause I use it everyday.

- Did you create Virtual Joystick 1,2,3 and 4 in PPJoy?
- Do both controllers work when connected independantly? (both have to be paired one by one via USB Cable first.)

Try using the exact same version I do, I think it's the only one working for 2 or more Controllers. http://bqron.free.fr/PS3/BT/.BETA/BtSix.0.5.0.5b.zip

Here's the Instructions again I wrote some weeks ago.
E-M@iLinAtoR wrote:Great Work 89ron!

I'm using your beta BtSix.0.5.0.5b.zip with my 2 SIXAXIS Controllers over one BT-Dongle without any Problems! The BT Dongle is LogiLink BT0002 v2.0 (HCI&LMP 4,4839). The OS is WinXP SP3 x86.

All i did is as follows:
01) Install libusb-win32 0.1.10.1
02) Install PPJoy 0.83
03) Launch "Config Joysticks" from PPJoy and add Virtual Joysticks 1-4
04) Connect Bluetooth dongle and update the driver to "FreeBT USB Driver"
05) Extract BTSix
06) Connect Sixaxis Controller via USB
07) Launch BtSix
08) Click on "Address:" for Pairing
09) Disconnect Sixaxis Controller from USB
10) Press PS button on the Sixaxis

11) Have Fun PS3-Style

The first Controller I press PS Button lights LED 1 and the second lights up LED 2. I dont have more controllers, but i'm sure it would work.
I'm not using the Gyro but the motion sensors work perfect after calibration and remapping Stuff in PPJoy.
(....)
Lefa

Post by Lefa »

thank you for your fast and kind help, I'll try to uninstall the whole stuff and install it again in the proper order that you told me.

As for the questions, yes I've created 4 joystick in PPJ, and yes both controllers works properly if connected indipendently.

I'll let you know, many thx!

[edit]

Mate, u're a master, your version works perfectly, mine wasnt "b".
You maked me and the unlucky that will play against me very happy ;)
Lefa

Post by Lefa »

Sorry for this consecutive post, I cannot edit anymore.

I succed in set up the wild keys except the square (I guess its the only one that doesnt work), any hint about mapping? I'm tryng to arrange the set up using the informations in this discussion. I play PES.

Thank you!!
Zaza

Post by Zaza »

Lefa wrote:Sorry for this consecutive post, I cannot edit anymore.

I succed in set up the wild keys except the square (I guess its the only one that doesnt work), any hint about mapping? I'm tryng to arrange the set up using the informations in this discussion. I play PES.

Thank you!!
This is similar to my problem. Any ideas on how to make mapping work?
E-M@iLinAtoR

Post by E-M@iLinAtoR »

@Zaza & Lefa

Have you mapped the Button 1 as Digital 0?

For your other problem with non functional PPJoy, you already solved it yourself, i think. Admin rights are always a good thing for such stuff ;)

Here's my mapping for "normal" usage (motion sensors off, L&R buttons as digital):
Zaza

Post by Zaza »

Thanks for replying.

Unfortunately I still can't change the buttons or axises (My x and y axises are switched). Not sure what's going on. :/

Thanks again.
Lefa

Post by Lefa »

@ E-M@iLinAtoR:

Thx for your help, tried severals mapping configurations, including your, but none let me use the square when I've to set up the controls keys "in game".

When I used to play with a single controller everything was fine, no key problems, the whole stuff used to run smooth, now that I linked two controllers the situation changed.

I'm pretty sure that my problem can be solved since I used to play with the whole key, just I dont know how, I need some juicy advice in order to set up my controls in PPJ.

Nobody that play PES09 could shoot me his configuration?

[EDIT]

I tried to set up the square as button 13 = digital 0 like adviced in the first pages and this really work, but now I lack the START key.

Would not be a problem to sacrifice a button such as SELECT, I'm near to solve my problem.

Thank you everybody
suren1112

Post by suren1112 »

here is my ppjoy mapping - works perfect with pes09:
Should be pretty self-explanatory

4 axes, 13 buttons, 1 POV hat

X Axis
Y Axis
Z AXis
Z Rotation

---

Analog 0
Analog 1
Analog 2
Analog 4

---

Digital 16
Digital 1
Digital 2
Digital 3
Digital 4
Digital 5
Digital 6
Digital 7
Digital 12
Digital 13
Digital 14
Digital 15
Digital 0

---

Digital 11
Digital 10
Digital 8
Digital 9

For pes09, just go into settings & choose ppjoy virtual controller then edit the controls yourself for some fun pes times

Hope this helps
Lefa

Post by Lefa »

thank you, my set up its now over and my controls works perfectly under PES09 with all the keys in the right place ;)

Now its time for some minor issues:

Looks like each time that I reboot my bluetooth drivers swap back to the previously BT drivers forgetting the new FBT, any hint?

I've noticed that sixaxis control its not recognized under GTAIV, anyone got experience with that?

Thank you everybody!
DomX

Post by DomX »

x64 users, there is a solution here:
http://netkas.org/?p=75

No bluetooth or vibration support though.
Meltover

Post by Meltover »

Hello,

I've been trying to get my DS3 working with BtSix, however none of the meters work and the controller doesn't respond to any input. I *should* have a compatible Bluetooth dongle, it's Bluetooth V2.0+EDR and BtSix reports that the HCI & LMP are 3.500 as shown:

What puzzles me is that the Manufacturer of the dongle doesn't show up under BtSix..

Also, the dongle is a Billionton one, on the spec sheet it says its main chip is a CSR one, then why doesn't it show up on BtSix?

About the address = 11:11:11:11:11:11, I tried this dongle under BlueSoleil to see if it would change but it didn't, so I assume that it's the correct address for the dongle.

Thanks for your help.
E-M@iLinAtoR

Post by E-M@iLinAtoR »

@Meltover

I experimented with 5 or 6 different Bluetooth dongles while setting this up and all worked, but none had such a weird BT address. You should try another one, borrow one from a friend or something, to see if it's not it. You could also just buy another, since they're cheaper than water atm :D . Make sure it's a v2.0 or up, class 1 would be best, but isn't a must.
cisforcookie

Post by cisforcookie »

E-M@iLinAtoR wrote:As i guessed, thanks for testing again. I'm not sure if 89ron has ever been told or found out, that the beta worked with 2 sixaxis. Cuz he did fix the DS3 rumble bug after the betas. But the progress from the betas didn't get into the newer versions.
First off, I just want to thank the creator for BTSix!

I'm trying to get two dualshock 3 controllers working on WinXP, and here's the results:

BtSix.0.5.0.5b bugs:

When each dualshock connects via bluetooth, it rumbles continuously until disconnected. Pressing "disconnect" makes the rumble stop.

Other than that, both dualshocks work perfectly in this version!

BtSix 1.5a, b, and c bugs:

When the first dualshock connects via blueooth, the four controller lights blink continuously as if searching for a signal, even though the controller inputs work just fine.

The second dualshock appears to be recognized when you press the "address" button (on usb sync). On bluetooth sync however, either the second controller doesn't sync at all, or it does sync and the inputs aren't recorded. It's impossible to know because both controllers are blinking continuously rather than lighthing up as player1, or player2.

Both versions seem really close to being fixed! Hopefuly someone smarter than me is working on a new version?
cisforcookie

Post by cisforcookie »

I tested every version of BT Six with two dualshocks; here the results:

(Earlier Betas didn't connect reliably for me)

Beta 0.5.0.5b:
both dualshock inputs register.
both controllers vibrate constantly. (bug)
controller LEDs report P1 and P2 correctly.
BTsix doesn't seem to know how to parse the two cotroller inputs, and so inputs are unusable.

version 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2:
both dualshock controllers register.
Neither controller has the vibration bug.
controller LEDs flash constantly rather than report P1 or P2 (bug)
BTsix doesn't seem to know how to parse the two cotroller inputs, and so inputs are unusable.

version 1.3 to 1.5c:
only one dualshock input registers.
No vibration bug.
controller LEDs flash constantly rather than report P1 or P2 (bug)

Here's what changed in 1.3 according to the readme... maybe it's a clue to what broke?
BtSix 1.3 + Pairing function *added*
+ Leds *added*
+ Missing dlls *added*
pichili.pichili

Connect two DS3

Post by pichili.pichili »

Hi, how could I use two dualshock 3 at the same time? It should work if I use two bluetooth dongles? Could anybody explain me how to make it possible? Thanks in advance!
E-M@iLinAtoR

Re: Connect two DS3

Post by E-M@iLinAtoR »

pichili.pichili wrote:Hi, how could I use two dualshock 3 at the same time? It should work if I use two bluetooth dongles? Could anybody explain me how to make it possible? Thanks in advance!
omg, learn to read first! (previous post)
cisforcookie

Post by cisforcookie »

Yeah, and just to be clear, NONE of those versions let you use two dualshocks in any usable way.

Sure, v 1.0 to 1.2 will recognize both controllers, but you won't be able to bind any keys because BTsix doesn't separate the inputs. :(

So until someone comes up with a fix on the later versions, you can not use two dualshocks for anything useful.
Last edited by cisforcookie on Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
E-M@iLinAtoR

Post by E-M@iLinAtoR »

cisforcookie wrote:Yeah, and just to be clear, NONE of those versions let you use two dualshocks in any usable way.

v.1.0-1.2 will recognize both controllers, but you won't be able to bind any keys because BTsix doesn't separate the values out to two different ppjoy controllers. :(

So until someone comes up with a fix, you can not use two dualshocks.
Yes, I guess so.
2 Sixaxis works fine tho.
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

For those people that are having issues with one button on their controller not being "read" by their game/emulator, here's one thing to try. When I was using an emulator named Nestopia it would not recognize "Digital 0". So, I just mapped all of my controller buttons to "Digital 1" and up in PPJoy. Nestopia was then able to "read" all of the buttons.
Last edited by Grayson on Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

A new thread for x64 peeps has been started Here for anyone interested in thrashing out a solution seeing as this one is heavily focused on x86.
-= Your Advertisement Here =-
E-M@iLinAtoR

Post by E-M@iLinAtoR »

Lol, funny thread, bunny.
Is that a gentle way to make some1 do what u command?

..just kidding, but check this out: http://netkas.org/?p=75, didn't try it, but they say it works already.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Caused me no end of problems that one.

Main problem is that its a driver for an x86 OS, generally means native fail for an x64 system. Gave me Bluescreens, problems with other usb devices picking up the crappy driver and failing. Hell, I'm still getting glitches after 2 nights of repairs...

Heh, as for people doing my bidding, I'm just trying to get heads together. Me, I dont know much about low level code and driver writing, what I do is latent thinking, problem solving and general good humour.

So cmon, lets get this solved for great justice before those cheeky jappy chappies beat us to it.
-= Your Advertisement Here =-