SIXAXIS under Windows

Technical discussion on the newly released and hard to find PS3.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

fabie1

Post by fabie1 »

Hey,

I received by Bluetooth dongle (2 euros on eBay! Love it!) today, and finally this one works with BtSix!!:D Now only one thing, is it normal that when you push the right joy upwards the slider axis goes to the left in the control panel? And downwards to the right? If not how can I resolve this!?!

Fabian 89Ron you're the best!:D:D
krapman

Post by krapman »

fabie1 wrote:Hey,

I received by Bluetooth dongle (2 euros on eBay! Love it!) today, and finally this one works with BtSix!!:D Now only one thing, is it normal that when you push the right joy upwards the slider axis goes to the left in the control panel? And downwards to the right? If not how can I resolve this!?!

Fabian 89Ron you're the best!:D:D
seems like you need to reconfigure your PPJOY configurations once more! go back a few pages there's a picture sumwhere.
fabie1

Post by fabie1 »

I used Xpadder to configure it and just assigned my mouse to the right joy, I could invert the Y-axis so everything is OK now.

But in Rainbow Six Vegas 2, my controller is not recognized as being a XboX 360 controller?

Fabian
fabie1

Post by fabie1 »

Anybody know a solution to my controller not being recognized as a Xbox 360 controller?
eighta

Post by eighta »

Hi every one, thankyou to all people that help me to use my ds3 pad to the computer, my problem just was, my previous dongle that I but, just are not compatible.

Today I But another bluetooth dongle, and at last my ds3 pad is working, im very happy, the driver creator rocks....

Now, just tested the stadar configuration and all work fine, but the L-R trigger button, still I do not tested. Neighter tested the vibration, I want to know, what game have this option (vibration).

And one last question: I think that the sixaxis/ds3 have another motion (no just pitch and roll). that motion can be implemented?

Thank you again to all.
Rickerys

Post by Rickerys »

Hello.
Same problem to a lot of people.
BtSix says its connected but does not pick up the controller actions.
I have searched for 1 hour now and can not fine an answer.

Please reply
eighta

Post by eighta »

Rickerys wrote:Hello.

Please reply
men the problem is you bluetooth dongle (its no compatible, or maybe a think that some bluetooth dongle dont have certain funcionality that the driver need), you need to buy another one.
Rickerys

Post by Rickerys »

eighta wrote:
Rickerys wrote:Hello.

Please reply
men the problem is you bluetooth dongle (its no compatible, or maybe a think that some bluetooth dongle dont have certain funcionality that the driver need), you need to buy another one.
Well can i do it wired?
I just want to be able to use the pressure sensitive R2 and L2.
The old method ( http://zedomax.com/blog/2006/12/09/ps3- ... n-windows/ ) does not suport presure sensitive triggers but this new way does support them, maybe its PPjoy, I don't know.

Thanks.
eighta

Post by eighta »

Hi,

someone can tell how use the funcionality: Emulator Xbox 360 Gamepad buttons, I ask, because some games (like alone in the dark 5), only works with some pads, like xbox 360 pad.

Thank you in advance
Rickerys

Post by Rickerys »

Hi, how to I use this method WIRED?

My BT dongle isn't working so I want to use it wired with this method (This method works with pressure sensitive buttons and the old method doesn't).
Charly2008

Bluetooth Module and BT-Connection between SIXAXIS and PC

Post by Charly2008 »

Hi@all,

I have a big problem, if I update the driver of my bluetooth-Chip with the FreeBT Driver, in fact I can use the SIXAXIS PS3 Controller via bluetooth on my PC, but than I can no longer use any other bluetooth devices on my PC (e.g. my HTC Universal, or BT-Headset).

http://www.filehosting.at/file/details/ ... anager.pdf

In this case, my inside Bluetooth-Module (“Dell Wireless 355 Module with Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Technologie”), under my Bluetooth-Controllers, in the device manager will be killed. Now instead of my Bluetooth-Module it appears under USB-Controller a FreeBT USB Driver. The BT-Tray-Icon in the task bar is now red, but the connection between the SIXAXIS and my Bluetooth-Module works.

Than I’ve installed again the orginal Dell-BT-Driver over the FreeBT-Driver. The result was, that all components were working normally again, even now the SIXAXIS will be found if you go to the BT-Area to search for it. But now the problem is, that Btsix dosen’t work any longer.

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?fi ... 9cEDAe.jpg

Of course now I could try to connect the SIXAXIS over the icon in the BT-Area. But if I try this, I will be asked for the BT-Code, which is needed to pair the devices together.

I have tried the following things to use as BT-Code:

- three different MAC-Addresses
- all the ID’s on the Backside of the SIXAXIS Controller

But nothing has worked

Now my Question is: What have I done wrong and what can I do to solve this problem or to get the right BT-Code?

In the worse case, I must buy an additional (external) Mini-USB-Bluetooth Adapter, which I would only use for the SIXAXIS Controller. But this isn’t the solution which I’m looking for.

I would be very pleased if anybody could help me with my problem.

And sorry for my bad English.

Best regards

Charly2008
salseropg

Sixaxis with driving game

Post by salseropg »

Hello to everybody,
Many thanks to 89ron and all people here who works hard.
I installed sixaxis in my pc under windows xp SP3 32bit. All is ok.
I have now a question:
I would like use my sixaxis in driving game and I would like:
- roll sixaxis left to move car left in the game
- roll sixaxis right to move car right in the game
I don't want use arrows in joypad; just use gyroscopic motion sensor.
How can I do that?
Many thanks to all peaple.
Sorry for my bad English.

Salsero
drone

Post by drone »

Hi,

i just tried to use the BT driver with motogp 08. it works like a normal joypad wireless. but i cannot use motion control. is the use of the motion sensing of the sixaxis controller limited to some games (which one would work) or is this a problem of configuration (ppoy, Btsix?) I would like to use it a analog control to stear the motorbike. So it should lean to the left if i twist the sixaxis controller to the left angel and otherhand. any hints?

thx

drone
rondaguy

Post by rondaguy »

i have successfully connect up my ps3 dualshock3 controller to pc via btsix and freebt and ppjoy. How do i get the shock force feedback in games?
mope

Post by mope »

all 1.4* and 1.5* BTsix has handle leaks.
1.3a does not have this problem.

If you're running BTsix 1.4 or later so long time, Windows will be crashed due to this problem.
krapman

Post by krapman »

salseropg wrote:Hello to everybody,
I have now a question:
How can I do that?

Salsero
rondaguy wrote:i have successfully connect up my ps3 dualshock3 controller to pc via btsix and freebt and ppjoy. How do i get the shock force feedback in games?
Motion control in games using BtSix is not perfect and I don't think it'll work at this stage. So as vibration (not that in readme 89ron said it's 'improved') does not work for all games imo.

Simply because the games are made differently! (different game engine and drivers required for everything to work). Also, the games aren't meant to be used with the SIXAXIS or DS3 in the first place and I'm pretty sure these games you guys are playing is made on the xbox360 and ported to the PC.

AFAIK, the xbox 360 gamepads does NOT have motion sensing capabilities. That being said, what 89ron did was emulate ps3 controller into the 360 gamepad for the games which recognizes it. It does not ADD motion control whatsoever. Same goes to vibration, it is not perfect. If you read in the readme, it only supports XInput games, listed here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_XInput_games

I also think 89ron does not have access to ALL pc games to test with his self developed drivers therefore asking questions like "how to enable force feedback?" or "how to enable motion control?" is pointless. All we can do is wait for 89ron to develop some new drivers in his own time. He doesn't dedicate his life to developing BtSix only!

I think what we should be identifying which games isnt compatible or what issues arises when using BtSix, understanding it is not perfect yet instead of asking pointless questions.

That's just my 2cents. Blast away your comments...
krapman

Post by krapman »

salseropg wrote:Hello to everybody,
I have now a question:
How can I do that?

Salsero
drone wrote:Hi,

i just tried to use the BT driver with motogp 08. it works like a normal joypad wireless. but i cannot use motion control. is the use of the motion sensing of the sixaxis controller limited to some games (which one would work) or is this a problem of configuration (ppoy, Btsix?) I would like to use it a analog control to stear the motorbike. So it should lean to the left if i twist the sixaxis controller to the left angel and otherhand. any hints?

thx
rondaguy wrote:i have successfully connect up my ps3 dualshock3 controller to pc via btsix and freebt and ppjoy. How do i get the shock force feedback in games?
Motion control in games using BtSix is not perfect and I don't think it'll work at this stage. So as vibration (not that in readme 89ron said it's 'improved') does not work for all games imo.

Simply because the games are made differently! (different game engine and drivers required for everything to work). Also, the games aren't meant to be used with the SIXAXIS or DS3 in the first place and I'm pretty sure these games you guys are playing is made on the xbox360 and ported to the PC.

AFAIK, the xbox 360 gamepads does NOT have motion sensing capabilities. That being said, what 89ron did was emulate ps3 controller into the 360 gamepad for the games which recognizes it. It does not ADD motion control whatsoever. Same goes to vibration, it is not perfect. If you read in the readme, it only supports XInput games, listed here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_XInput_games

I also think 89ron does not have access to ALL pc games to test with his self developed drivers therefore asking questions like "how to enable force feedback?" or "how to enable motion control?" is pointless. All we can do is wait for 89ron to develop some new drivers in his own time. He doesn't dedicate his life to developing BtSix only!

I think what we should be identifying which games isnt compatible or what issues arises when using BtSix, understanding it is not perfect yet instead of asking pointless questions.

That's just my 2cents. Blast away your comments...
Last edited by krapman on Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
mohbana

Post by mohbana »

is 64bit working yet?
twilek

Post by twilek »

Here is PPJoy-settings so the SixAxis shall behave like a XBox 360 in all games without need to reconfiguring (ie. dead space, fallout 3, gears of war)

By using this mappings you will also be able to load XBox 360 profiles into XMapper without any need to change the profile.

Blower

Post by Blower »

Hey.. i have a problem...

i have tried all btsix versions but no one works

i run on Windows Vista Ultimate x86(32bit) with Sp1

if i run btsix it isn't responding i have tried everything

so.. please help me

sorry for my bad english

grtz. Blower

Edit:

Restart did the trick XD
eighta

Post by eighta »

twilek wrote:Here is PPJoy-settings so the SixAxis shall behave like a XBox 360 in all games without need to reconfiguring (ie. dead space, fallout 3, gears of war)

By using this mappings you will also be able to load XBox 360 profiles into XMapper without any need to change the profile.

This configuration is not the REAL configuration of a XBOX 360 PAD
twilek

Post by twilek »

eighta wrote:This configuration is not the REAL configuration of a XBOX 360 PAD
Real? What is a real configuration? As I said, it is a configuration so the mappings shall behave like an xbox 360 controller both for the games I mentioned and in XPadder. It will still of course not be treated like a generic XBox 360 controller, and it will never be as long as you use PPJoy and do not rewrite the drivers yourself. i'm just talking about the mapping here, and this configuration at least works for me. It may be so that different ps3-controllers needs different mappings, I do not know, but if my configuration doesn't work for you it would be very nice if you can tell what is wrong instead of just state some not very constructive nonsense.
klawd

dualshock 3 on pc?

Post by klawd »

hi guys.. there's been written quite a lot of stuff "phew, 15 pages!"

i admit: i didn't read them all so i dunno what the status is.

so, my question is: is it possible to fully use the dualshock 3 with rumble and sixaxis and stuff on a pc via BT?

thanks in advance, greetings, klawd.
E-M@iLinAtoR

Post by E-M@iLinAtoR »

Great Work 89ron!

I'm using your beta BtSix.0.5.0.5b.zip with my 2 SIXAXIS Controllers over one BT-Dongle without any Problems! The BT Dongle is LogiLink BT0002 v2.0 (HCI&LMP 4,4839). The OS is WinXP SP3 x86.

All i did is as follows:
01) Install libusb-win32 0.1.10.1
02) Install PPJoy 0.83
03) Launch "Config Joysticks" from PPJoy and add Virtual Joysticks 1-4
04) Connect Bluetooth dongle and update the driver to "FreeBT USB Driver"
05) Extract BTSix
06) Connect Sixaxis Controller via USB
07) Launch BtSix
08) Click on "Address:" for Pairing
09) Disconnect Sixaxis Controller from USB
10) Press PS button on the Sixaxis

11) Have Fun PS3-Style

The first Controller I press PS Button lights LED 1 and the second lights up LED 2. I dont have more controllers, but i'm sure it would work.
I'm not using the Gyro but the motion sensors work perfect after calibration and remapping Stuff in PPJoy.

So why u stopped the progress on the multi-controller after beta 0.5.0.5b, it works awesome? Actually i don't need your newer versions, since all is fine with that one.

Just came by to say Thanks and report my success.

I bet you're sick from hearing it, but it would be nice if this baby would run on Vista x64, but i know that PPJoy is "dead" and not open source. But I would trust u to get your own version running, 89Joy or something :D

Btw, the CPU-usage is not noticeable (e6600 CPU) and there is no lag, like in the newer versions with CPU-Usage control enabled, since the beta has none ;)
nexxxus

Post by nexxxus »

i have a problem here.
followed the instructions and installed everything.

Now BTsix 1.5c can connect to my sixaxis controller but i can't do anything.
moving the controller,sticks pressing buttons, nothing happens.

and yes i also installed the freebt driver.
my Bluethooth device is a MSI PC2PC bluethooth stick.

ImageImage
eighta

Post by eighta »

nexxxus wrote:i have a problem here.
followed the instructions and installed everything.

Now BTsix 1.5c can connect to my sixaxis controller but i can't do anything.
moving the controller,sticks pressing buttons, nothing happens.

and yes i also installed the freebt driver.
my Bluethooth device is a MSI PC2PC bluethooth stick.

ImageImage

Men, you problem is very easy to resolve, but you dont want ear the solution.

You bluetooth dongle, is not compatible. You need to buy another one
pichili.pichili

BtSix & DualShock 3

Post by pichili.pichili »

Can someone help 89ron to develop the software to use two DS3 simultaneously? Otherwise, does anybody know if there is any chance to make it with other software? Thanks in advance!
E-M@iLinAtoR

Re: BtSix & DualShock 3

Post by E-M@iLinAtoR »

pichili.pichili wrote:Can someone help 89ron to develop the software to use two DS3 simultaneously? Otherwise, does anybody know if there is any chance to make it with other software? Thanks in advance!
Did u read my previous post?
Or doesn't the last beta http://bqron.free.fr/PS3/BT/.BETA/BtSix.0.5.0.5b.zip work with DS3?
pichili.pichili

Post by pichili.pichili »

E-M@iLinAtoR wrote:
pichili.pichili wrote:Can someone help 89ron to develop the software to use two DS3 simultaneously? Otherwise, does anybody know if there is any chance to make it with other software? Thanks in advance!
Did u read my previous post?
Or doesn't the last beta http://bqron.free.fr/PS3/BT/.BETA/BtSix.0.5.0.5b.zip work with DS3?
Many thanks for your prompt reply but, as far as I know, this version of BtSix doesn´t work with DS3. I've tried again and when I pressed PS buton, the joystick starts to rumble, besides, BtSix only shows PPJOY number one and cannot connect two joystics...
E-M@iLinAtoR

Post by E-M@iLinAtoR »

pichili.pichili wrote: Many thanks for your prompt reply but, as far as I know, this version of BtSix doesn´t work with DS3. I've tried again and when I pressed PS buton, the joystick starts to rumble, besides, BtSix only shows PPJOY number one and cannot connect two joystics...
Too bad, that beta has the rumble bug then. I can't tell since I have the Sixaxis Controllers. But at mine, it does show PPJOY number 1-4 actually.
Have you added 4 Virtual Joysticks on PPJoy Config (no matter how many controllers u use, the beta wants 4 Virtual Ports)? Or did u just, like me too initally, didn't see that there are very tiny scroll buttons in the dropdown in BtSix's PPJoy section, u can use mouse wheel too, after clicking the dropdown.
Imo, just to test it, after u click PS on DS3 Nr. one it should light LED1 and if it starts to rumble, just let it rumble and click PS on DS3 Nr. two and it should rumble too, lighting up LED 2. Of course both controllers have to be paired one by one before, use the latest non beta for that.
But the rumble problem stays, i guess, but u should try anyway, just to test. I'm sure 89ron could solve that probs too, but I guess he doesn't work on the project anymore.

Btw, if both controllers are connected and working, the test fields for "Buttons and Joysticks" in BtSix shows the "average" of both controller's input. So if u press and hold a button on one controller only, it blinks between 0 and 1, but if u press same button on the other controller too, it stays 1. Bit weird, but it works like a charm, btsix passes the right info to the virtual joysticks and all.