SIXAXIS under Windows

Technical discussion on the newly released and hard to find PS3.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

Zaza

Post by Zaza »

Not sure, but I think someone verified that SP3 is incompatible.
tfs66

Post by tfs66 »

Zaza wrote:Not sure, but I think someone verified that SP3 is incompatible.
I have tested WinDS3 (v.2.0.0) under XP(32bit) with SP3, it works perfectly. If someone found it doesn't work, please send us file named [winds3.log] under installed directory.

To Slackitude: Please try another bluetooth dongle if you have, maybe something wrong with it.(Low version of firmware?)
Zaza

Post by Zaza »

I was referring to BtSix, don't know anything about WinDS3.
eighta

Post by eighta »

Hi All,

I want to ask,

the winDS3 is a virus? someone can explainme this?
ADP

Post by ADP »

Hi all, first post, I have downloaded the WINDS3 program and installed it on my PC (Windows XP SP3). Everything went fine, everything works OK in the control panel, but when I try to use the controller in a game or an emulator, there is no response at all.

Has anyone else had this problem at all? I find it real strange because usually if the controller works in the control panel, then it should be read by any game or emulator.

I am using the program during the evaluation period, and the time is running out, I would like to purchase, but I really don't want to purchase unless I definately know everything will work ok,

Cheers
eighta

Post by eighta »

ADP wrote:Hi all, first post, I have downloaded the WINDS3 program and installed it on my PC (Windows XP SP3). Everything went fine, everything works OK in the control panel, but when I try to use the controller in a game or an emulator, there is no response at all.

Has anyone else had this problem at all? I find it real strange because usually if the controller works in the control panel, then it should be read by any game or emulator.

I am using the program during the evaluation period, and the time is running out, I would like to purchase, but I really don't want to purchase unless I definately know everything will work ok,

Cheers
Men, know you are infected with a virus.
ADP

Post by ADP »

eighta wrote:
ADP wrote:Hi all, first post, I have downloaded the WINDS3 program and installed it on my PC (Windows XP SP3). Everything went fine, everything works OK in the control panel, but when I try to use the controller in a game or an emulator, there is no response at all.

Cheers
Men, know you are infected with a virus.

And what exactly is your evidence? what virus am I infected with?

I know that the program uses exe packers and some virus software can detect it as a false positive.

I use Kaspersky Anti-Virus (Uptodate) and reports no viruses at all.

Everything else on my computer runs fine, apart from WinDS3 not working in games.
tfs66

Post by tfs66 »

eighta wrote:Men, know you are infected with a virus.
WinDS3 is clean, now we're developing virtual X360 controller driver, it will make PS3 controller completely work as a real wireless X360 controller. WinDS3 works with many many games, but for some old simulator, like MAME, it needs to use keyboard/mouse mapping to make it work. In Version 2.0.0, we don't think there are accidently virus reports in any anti-virus software for our program now.
eighta

Post by eighta »

tfs66 wrote:
eighta wrote:Men, know you are infected with a virus.
WinDS3 is clean, now we're developing virtual X360 controller driver, it will make PS3 controller completely work as a real wireless X360 controller. WinDS3 works with many many games, but for some old simulator, like MAME, it needs to use keyboard/mouse mapping to make it work. In Version 2.0.0, we don't think there are accidently virus reports in any anti-virus software for our program now.
Ok sorry, but that is what say my antivirus (AVG).

You are part of the team? of developers?

Why you dont make this driver open source?
tfs66

Post by tfs66 »

I'm one of the developers.
If any company or organization supports WinDS3 to open source, it will be free and open, but till now all needs ourselves to keep running.
eighta

Post by eighta »

I think you should reconsider your action, because you using a trademark (SONY), and maybe you can get legals problems, just for the simple action, of make money through them. (the mark).

It's Just my My Humble Opinion,

Thankz anyway for you effort,

still dont test you application.

and if you develop the virtual XBOX 360 Controller for the DS3, it will aweson. (many games just can play with that controller).

Thanks again!
Last edited by eighta on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
tfs66

Post by tfs66 »

Thanks eighta, we have realized the issue and modified our program in Ver.2.0.0.
Shadow Cloud

Post by Shadow Cloud »

I have been following this thread for some time now in the hopes of seeing a SixAxis or DS3 64 bit drivers. If the WinDS3 supports 64 bits Windows, it will be considered the best available driver available for the PS3 controller. However like another poster mentioned, I do question the validity of charging people to use the drivers considering how you're profiting off of a Sony trademarked product.
dragonball75

Post by dragonball75 »

Hi to all , I've read all the topic pages about connecting Ps3 pad to pc , so I decide to try WinDS3 ... really good (my os is Vista 32)!
Got some problems on the registration method they used : when unplugged the bt dongle the program don't recongnize the reg-code as valid everytime , but I'm talking about this with the support team...
Those are my report with games :

- Resident Evil 4 : all ok except when extracting the knife , Leon take it but he keep rotating on the right/left , like you're pressing the knife+rotation button L2 . I've tried to remap the configuration buttons , but the problem remain (mapping the knife button on R2 in example , return in a constantly turning to the right while pointing the knife ...)

- Assassin's Creed :
All perfect ! The same feeling about playing it on the Ps3 !

- Burnout Paradise : Ultimate Box : The controller is not recongnized by the game , anyone else here got the same problem on this game ? I've tried to start WinDS3 before the game and after the game starts but nothing has changed ...

Hope that this could improve the next releases of the program ! Sorry for my english , I'm an Italian one :)
tfs66

Post by tfs66 »

Shadow Cloud wrote:However like another poster mentioned, I do question the validity of charging people to use the drivers considering how you're profiting off of a Sony trademarked product.
If WinDS3 can support all other controllers to work as X360 controller, what it will be? We're profiting off all other brands trademarked product?
maKe

Post by maKe »

Hey I was wondering what is the max distance of the bluetooth dongle and DS3 ? I have A-link V2.1+EDR dongle and I have hard time to make it reach to 8-10meters. Works pretty well up to 5m but starts to lag and make random inputs when exceeding that amount.

I guess it would help to buy usb male to usb female cord that is over 3meters and plug the dongle to it so I can play in the living room on my 42" Full-HD sony. :/
BMW E30 316 -86
Suzuki GSX-R 600 -06

Gaming toys:
PS1, PS2, PS3 80gb
eighta

Post by eighta »

maKe wrote:Hey I was wondering what is the max distance of the bluetooth dongle and DS3 ? I have A-link V2.1+EDR dongle and I have hard time to make it reach to 8-10meters. Works pretty well up to 5m but starts to lag and make random inputs when exceeding that amount.

I guess it would help to buy usb male to usb female cord that is over 3meters and plug the dongle to it so I can play in the living room on my 42" Full-HD sony. :/
you have a very large living room!
Shader

Vibration not worked with Dualshock 3 Controller

Post by Shader »

Vibration with PS3 Dualshock 3 Controller do not work with Btsix 1.5 and earlier. But why i have libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.1, PPJoy and Btsix 1.5c
installed, all working but no vibration immaterial which game.

Sorry for my english, i hope it can help anybody !

Vibration only work with the usb cable and the force feedback driver.
Makes maybe the installed feedback driver problems with the bluetooth version ?
Hyperace010

LETS WORK ON PPJOY FOR WINDOWS VISTA 64X & 32X NO EXCUSE

Post by Hyperace010 »

LETS WORK ON PPJOY FOR WINDOWS VISTA 64X & 32X NO EXCUSES

Hey, I have a
important question please email me or send me a message on aim I don't use forums I just took the time to write this response because I haven't yet found a solution on Google search

Hey, I see in order to use the psp as a wifi controller you need windows xp no one has yet made it capable for windows vista 64x or 32x, considering you need this program to use the ps3 as a wifi controller for the pc as well I was hoping you could make a patch for ppjoy can install successfully on windows vista 64bit, please let me know if that's possible.

My email is [email protected]
Aim kareemps2
sid6581

Post by sid6581 »

tfs66 wrote:64bit version is possible to be made, but as I know, without Microsoft's WHQL certification, it is impossible to distribute a driver under 64bit Windows.And WHQL needs time and money...
I would buy a 64bit driver at once. Why does the driver need to be whql certified? Nvidia distributes their beta driver all as non-certified and there are many others. If it's possible, please do, one third of Vista users are already on 64bit (if you look at the Steam hardware survey for example) and at the moment all of them are left out of using their Sixaxis on Windows.
jjhann

Post by jjhann »

Is there a way to get the L2 and R2 buttons to functions as triggers ?
I installed the ps3 drivers and everything works....but the L2 and R2 buttons are not pressure sensitive.
Oh, and I'm just using usb not bluetooth.
Is there different drivers or a program out there that I should install ?
jjhann

Post by jjhann »

Well I got the PS3 controller to work with a bluetooth dongle and its really really nice. I'm using BtSix 1.5c. Awesome job to all those who put this together.

My ONLY issue is I can't use the force feedback because it seems to cause the steering to jerk by itself alot. If I turn force feedback off, it's fine. It has somethign to do with the analog sticks, because if I change the controls to the D-Pad I can use the force feedback and it doesn't jerk around.
It's odd.
Anyone experience this or have a way to fix it ?
I tried increasing the dead zone in ganes but that does't work.
Shadow Cloud

Post by Shadow Cloud »

sid6581 wrote:
tfs66 wrote:64bit version is possible to be made, but as I know, without Microsoft's WHQL certification, it is impossible to distribute a driver under 64bit Windows.And WHQL needs time and money...
I would buy a 64bit driver at once. Why does the driver need to be whql certified? Nvidia distributes their beta driver all as non-certified and there are many others. If it's possible, please do, one third of Vista users are already on 64bit (if you look at the Steam hardware survey for example) and at the moment all of them are left out of using their Sixaxis on Windows.

Not to mention there's an easy way to run drivers that haven't been signed by Microsoft.
Squeaks

Post by Squeaks »

Okay, this is driving me nuts. I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem after trawling through this thread and many other similar threads.

NEXUS BT2.0 Bluetooth Adapter
libusb v0.1.10.1 also tried v0.1.12.1
FreeBT Alpha Release A3 (December 6, 2004)
PPJoy v0.83
BtSix v1.5c

Everything installs without a problem however I can't edit a large number of options in PPJoy. The Dualshock 3 controller syncs and the buttons, analogue sticks and sixaxis all function but I can't alter the number of axis or buttons as the options are greyed out in PPJoy.

When I select “PPJoy Virtual joystick 1” and then click on “Mapping” I only have two check boxes unlike the options I should have that state that “The controller uses the Virtual Joystick (ICOTL) Virtual joystick interface.”

If anyone can enlighten me on what I’m doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Looks like I had a strange version of PPJoy. All sorted now.
Shader

Post by Shader »

BtSix1.5 have a rumble menu, but not working with bluetooth ?!
Why?
xxsamoxx

Post by xxsamoxx »

Hey I am having troubles with Winds3 and this seems to be the only place on the net to ask. I have a Dell Latitude e6500 with Windows XP sp3. Winds3 just crashes all the time, moments after opening it, it just goes away. Sometimes it will stay up long enough to snyc my controller and it works fine for the couple seconds that the program will stay up. It doesn't leave a .log and nothing in event viewer. Any help would really be appreciated.

I bought the program but I didn't get any response from [email protected] about the problem.

Thanks
tfs66

Post by tfs66 »

xxsamoxx wrote: I bought the program but I didn't get any response from [email protected] about the problem.
Thanks
Till now only 2 users reported WinDS3 is unstable with their computer, I think it is the bluetooth adapter not compatible with FreeBT driver. We did reply every email we received, the only reason is the replied email disappeared during the transmission. We can offer you a refund or provide another free license with workable bluetooth adapter.Please send email to us again.And we're sorry for the inconvenience.
xxsamoxx

Post by xxsamoxx »

Oh thank you very much for the reply. I have the kensington micro bluetooth adapter K33902US, do you know of a cheap micro adapter that works with winds3? Thank you
tfs66

Post by tfs66 »

xxsamoxx wrote:Oh thank you very much for the reply. I have the kensington micro bluetooth adapter K33902US, do you know of a cheap micro adapter that works with winds3? Thank you
You can go to ebay and search with keywords "bluetooth adapter csr", pick up the one which is cheap enough and is V.2.0 or higher and ask the seller to confirm that adapter's HCI and LMP's version is higher than 3. (csr means Cambridge Silicon Radio's chip)
sid6581

Post by sid6581 »

Any news on 64bit support?