SIXAXIS under Windows

Technical discussion on the newly released and hard to find PS3.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

dalaran

Post by dalaran »

I just bought WinDS3
but i have a problem, while waiting the license code i did turn off and unplug my bluetooth dongle, so when i received my license code and try to plug the dongle, my MAC ADDRESS was change. therefore, the license code was rejected.

Until now i have no idea how to solve this problem, can someone help me ?
cheriff
Regular

Post by cheriff »

Yeah, get support from the people you paid?

http://www.winds3.com/en/faq.htm :
5.What happens after I send in the order?
After you send the order, please send us your registration information, after we confirm your order and get the registration information, we'll send you the registration code a.s.a.p. Any problem happen please email us at [email protected]. Please include your name, email address, and order confirmation number (if you have it). We will be happy to help you.

Edit: although, that your dongle's MAC magically changed all by itself for no reason is .. interesting.
Damn, I need a decent signature!
dalaran

Post by dalaran »

In fact, i have sent them an email about my situation. Up 'til now i am not receive the answer yet.

Here's the chronologies :
1. I installed the WinDS3.
2. The DS3 paired with the dongle.
3. I feel satisfied then i bought the WinDS3 license code.
4. while waiting i turned off and unplug my dongle
5. I got an email from the support regarding my license code.
6. I plug my dongle again, but this was the weird thing happens,
the MAC Address was different, and i didn't do anything with my dongle.
7. Every time i try enter the license code, the program rejects it.

Maybe they are too busy, or they thought i cheat them, actually, no..
i don't do anything with my dongle, i'm not a person with special programming skill.

This morning, i was trying to solve this problem myself, i searched around the internet about the MAC Address, someone i believe succeed to change bluetooth's MAC Address but unfortunately he done it with Linux.

Does anyone has the trouble like me ? i really need help here.

(Sorry for my poor english, this is not my native language)

Thank you.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

We don't deal with such things. We're not <insert product here> tech support.
limberly

Post by limberly »

What is the difference between bluetooth and a wireless head-set?
I've heard many people say that they are talking on a bluetooth. I know Bluetooth is the technology used in many cellular phones but I people are confused about it. I try to convince people that they aren't talking on a Bluetooth. Instead, you are using a wireless head-set. So, I need some additional information.

Post by amondracorp »

I have followed this topic for about 6 months ...and I have to say thank you 89rom.

I use a dongle USB BT (that cost about 3 USD) sea digital and works perfect.

My configuration:

dell xps 1530 win xp 32 bits sp3.

The laptop has an internal bluetooth that I can use without problems (I have set up a mouse, BT headset and my cell phone), and there's no "weird" configuration with the freeUSB driver

i use the BTsix 0.5.0.5b and 2 sixaxis work perfect (In fact I have 3, but the third...there's no way to use this control properly). Although I tested every control and they work perfect (the buttons, analogs and sense motion ("x" and "y" axis).

In some emulators (like mame, amiga, dosbox) I use joytokey to remap the buttons. I use the configuration that is at page 5 of this topic and there was a problem (the square button one) but I just inverted the order (digital 0 to 16) the same with SOME Xpadder games (as u can see I don't have a powerfull PC to run those games).

There are some problems... (not related directly with the control use):

-It would be nice to connect 4 controls (I don't mind about force feedback, I just want to use the sense motion analogs and buttons...)

- There's a problem with the freeUSB driver, I can connect in my laptop USB flash drivers and other USB-devices and no problem. When I'm using a virtual PC (virtualbox or VMWare, both "redirect" USB flash drivers from the native OS to the guest OS). The problem is when I install the freeUSb drivers. The virtual PC (with the guest OS) can't detect the USBs (despite the USB-device and USB port). There's a popup that says "the usb device cannot be mapped". After that I uninstall the FreeUSB driver and the problem was fixed. To solve this problem I have to uninstall and install the freeUSB driver (and delete some files manually)

SO if you really depend on virtual PC. DO NOT INSTALL this (freeUSB) driver, I think with the winds3 it's the same (because it uses the same driver). if u dont mind about virtual PC, use BTSix (if u use xp with sp3)

BTW I use the "normal" version of XP. I do not use modified versions

I hope I can help with some problems....

Have fun
lilaxian

Post by lilaxian »

How easy is it to change an Asian PS3 to a North American PS3? Hello. I am currently living in South Korea and am planning to live here until the end of 2009. I want to get a PS3 here, but I would want to change it to play North American games when I get back to Canada. I have been told that there is a chip or something that will do this. Any suggestions?

Post by jimparis »

^ spam
evok

Post by evok »

Hello,

I'm french so i'm sorry for my bad English...
I use Btsix 1.5c and PP joy 0.83 on XP pro on a bootcamp partition with my macbook pro.
I have DualShock 3 which works very well with bluetooth dongle on one game
as Devil May Cry 4.
The DS3 is recognized as a 360 pad, no problem.
On the other hand I try for several days to make also with the playable demo of " Batman: Arkham Asylum ".
My pad is absolutely not reconnize.
Thus, I have download " XBOX360 Controller Emulator v3.0 " that extract in the repertory where is the .exe game.
Great! My DS3 is recognized by games but the right stick allows me only to use the vertical axis, thus left and right(turn around the character), but impossibe to look up or bottom , It's not practical really of the whole!
I installed Xpadder 5.3 but nothing happen. I configure the stick with 8 axes but when I open "testXinput" (the window which the 360 pad for tested buttons) all the buttons works except the right stick which is blocked on the horizontal axis...
I don't find solution of my problem.. Somebody can help me please??

Thank you in advance.

PS:I used WinDS3 before Btsix but drivers fail in every restart of Windows.
SonyGT

Post by SonyGT »

Greetings to all, from Cold Russia ! =)
Tell please, for connection SIXAXIS all USB Bluetooth 2.0 adapter will approach ? Because today I have bought Bluetooth 2.0 and he meanwhile refuses to work with SIXAXIS... When I Start BTSix 1.4/1.5c and push "PS" button, There is go inscription "SIXAXIS IS CONNECTED!" But any button does not work...

Image[/img]

Maybe the problem in mine Bluetooth 2.0 ? Can it be? Though on a box from Bluetooth written - version 2.0...Please, I need yours help guys, and sorry for bad English.
Lex1888

x64

Post by Lex1888 »

If you didn't already noticed there is a working x64 tool for Sixaxis and DS3 out there.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/

Works very well for me. Even Bluetooth is supported.
Slyde1052

Post by Slyde1052 »

Greetings.

I am having a bit of a time connecting my DS3 through btSix.

I have followed the directions to the letter (Barring the PPJoy Virtual Joypad driver part, as when I try to use the driver located in btsix's driver folder, not only is the free bt driver the only one present, but it returns an error along the lines of the folder containing no data on the hardware i'm rying to install. aka the virtual gamepad), and everything functions until I try to connect my DS3 to BTSix.

It comes up with a MAC address and i click address to pair them, yet when i disconnect the usb cord from the DS3, as per the instructions, btsix switches it's heading to 'sixaxis connected' though i have yet to even press the PS button on my DS3, nor is there any visible response from the controller (including blank led's).

I'm using XP 32bit SP3

and my bluetooth dongle, which I got for free (gonna try to install an internal module into this aged laptop, but I want to see if I can get this running first), is a Trendnet bluetooth 2.0 class 2 tbw-101ub.

thank you for any help.
TMPilot

Post by TMPilot »

Please help before I go CRAZY!

Everything is installed and working. However, the right stick y-axis is not working. The raw data shows up fine in BtSix, its just not working in games etc, when it was earlier when I used the wired connection.

I'm guessing something to do with PPJoy, but can't find it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.