Welcome to the first PS3 forum!

Technical discussion on the newly released and hard to find PS3.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

ooPo
Site Admin

Welcome to the first PS3 forum!

Post by ooPo »

I figured it was time for PS3 discussions to have a home, so here it is.

Please try to keep the talk on topic with generally development-related information.

Enjoy!
Last edited by ooPo on Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

What timing! I was planning on doing this today as well.

It's nice to see some active ps3 discussion going on. Hopefully the CELL docs IBM and Sony have released will enlighten people and help spur some useful discussions.

It may also be nice to hear what people think of what sony has been saying about homebrew on the PS3, and maybe updates of the situation, so that we don't have the same link posted in irc a dozen times ;)
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
Arwin

Post by Arwin »

Yes, I've been looking forward to this subforum too. :)
blueshogun96

Post by blueshogun96 »

Its good that people are getting a head start on ps3 dev. But how will we test our code when the ps3 isnt released yet?
cheriff
Regular

Post by cheriff »

blueshogun96: There is the cell simulator which is publically available. While not quite a complete PS3, you do get the PPE and the SPUs and interconnect to play with... Perhaps some people want to start with their engine/gfx pipeline now, and the plug in support for the particular graphics chip when more is known.

There is much to learn on optimizing for the arctitecture the doesn't necessarily need a PS3... ;)
Damn, I need a decent signature!
Viper8896

Post by Viper8896 »

can someone give me some links to videos about the cell processor if they exist apart from that medical one?