PS3 Pairing MAC

Technical discussion on the newly released and hard to find PS3.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

PHOLAN

PS3 Pairing MAC

Post by PHOLAN »

I'm working in developing a hardware host (not computer based) for the PS3 controller.
I have tested the solutions out there for Windows 7 and while I have been able to make them work, I have not been able to obtain the Controller's MAC address through any of the USB SDK's out there.
In order to program my Hardware's microcontroller, I need to be able to replicate the USB code's send to change the pairing Master.
Can anyone provide me with additional information on how to do this? or a source code that works in Windows? (other than sixpair.c as it does not compile in windows).

Thank you in advance....
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

sixpair.c already has all of the information you need. Just read it.
PHOLAN

Post by PHOLAN »

Thanks Jim,

For some reason I could not get it to work under windows but, I managed to proram the Microcontroller and attach the PS3 controller to it to map the Host pairing address.

I'm reaching to you for help as you are one of the very few who's been on this road before and is willing to help, which I greatly appreciate it.

I managed to pair the PS3 controller with my Bluegiga WT32. I can't however open a L2CAP channel 17 or 19. I have opened a trouble ticket with them but, also wanted to check with you to see if you had any experience with it.

In essence, I'm trying to read the controller reports via a dedicated hardware host that has a Micro and a BT.

Regards,

Philip
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

I don't know about Bluegiga products, but connecting to L2CAP channels is easiest. If their firmware doesn't allow that, you could connect to it as a HID device, but I've found the L2CAP approach to be easier and more reliable, at least from Linux.