windows hosted cell sdk

Technical discussion on the newly released and hard to find PS3.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

SuperDre

windows hosted cell sdk

Post by SuperDre »

I'm one of those lazy programmers who doesn't want to spend most of his freetime figuring out how to get something installed and up and running if some other people already have it running.

I found a sourceforge project 'windows hosted cell sdk' and it seems to be a project which lets you 'install' the cell sdk on windows and compile it from windows and then run it on your PS3.
BUT, the biggest problem for me is setting it all up (I'm a programmer that is used to just installing the IDE, installing an SDK and start programming and compile and start application)..
Is there someone who can make a step by step tutorial of exactly how to install and use this 'Windows hosted cell SDK' (or any other if available), from exactly the start of a 'clean' windows to the final running of 'hello world' on the PS3 (preferably using an IDE, and YDL (6.2) as a target linux on the PS3). I've already bought a book a long time ago about Cell programming which has chapters explaining it if you are running red hat, but I'm windows based and those steps are certainly not really usefull for that (except for the compiling stuff itself, but for that I really first need the SDK to be installed properly)..

I don't want to sound like a noob, but I just want to spend my little freetime programming and not spending it all on trying to figure out how to even get to compiling and running the application on the PS3, especially if some people already done that (otherwise there wouldn't be a 'Windows hosted cell sdk' on sourceforge)..

So please do not post comments like "don't bother with windows, just use a virtualmachine with RH and go from there", those are not helping and not what I'm asking for.
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

still no-one?
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

What do you want from us?
There's already a Windows hosted cell SDK. You even mentioned it, but apparently it still requires too much effort for you? Then the obvious answer is to use a vm, but of course you precluded that answer too. So of course you're gonna get no answers.
I don't want to sound like a noob, but I just want to spend my little freetime programming and not spending it all on trying to figure out how to even get to compiling and running the application on the PS3
Yes, you do sound like a noob, and a lazy one at that.