Sony Playstation 3 BD remote interface for windows

Technical discussion on the newly released and hard to find PS3.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

sIRwa2

Sony Playstation 3 BD remote interface for windows

Post by sIRwa2 »

For all that own a playstation3 BD remote or like to use and excellent remote that has a better connectivity that RF or IR, cheetah05, from Media Portal Forum wrote an excellent app for Windows Vista/XP !

PS3 Remote Application - v1.0 BETA

It Acts like a normal keyboard / HID-input runs in the system tray and also features sms like text input trough the numeric keys :o , so you can use it on all your favorite applications that use keyboard shortcuts, like media players media centers and so on.

I'd say: check it out and let us know what you think.

1. To pair you need to go through the standard Microsoft device, so that you see it in the Devices section.
2. Select the device and click properties

3. Make the controller discoverable again by pressing [Start & Enter Keys] on the remote (together).
4. Click the services tab.
5. Wait till it has found the services and then make sure you check the HID service and click ok as seen below:

It will now be registered as a HID device and will appear under "Game Controllers".

Connect the remote with the computer by pressing the "Playstation" button in the middle of the remote. (Assuming you have already paired the remote as specified above.
Arwin

Post by Arwin »

So does this mean that there's a significant difference in the way this remote works over BlueTooth and the PS3 controller? It sure seems like it.
sIRwa2

Post by sIRwa2 »

i don't really know for sure, the tools used for the controller don't work for the remote. and I think visa versa. so yes I think do but again, I didn't write it.