SIXAXIS under Windows

Technical discussion on the newly released and hard to find PS3.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

Kaan

Post by Kaan »

89ron wrote:BtSiX 1.5b
http://bqron.free.fr/PS3/BT/BtSix.1.5b.zip

- Rumble/Vibration improved *fixed*
- Emulator Xbox 360 Gamepad buttons *fixed*
that fixed my d-pad problems, thanks!
89ron

Post by 89ron »

brawler wrote:Do you plan in the future to have support for vista x64? Iam sure a lot of user would like to know.
Maybe after BtSix 1.6 :)
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

Hey 89ron this is not a demand or even a request really, I am just asking out of curiosity. How is the multiple controller code coming along or are you taking a break from that to work the single controller bugs out.
I remember the last beta version had a wierd problem with Dual shock controllers whereby sometimes they would constantly vibrate.

Anyways again I would like to say great job on your end.
Now we just need someone to write a program similar to ppjoy that accepts directinput rumble and outputs it to BTSIX then most programs that support rumble would be covered.
Ahh if only I had the patience for programming
89ron

Post by 89ron »

rypaul wrote:Hey 89ron this is not a demand or even a request really, I am just asking out of curiosity. How is the multiple controller code coming along or are you taking a break from that to work the single controller bugs out.
I remember the last beta version had a wierd problem with Dual shock controllers whereby sometimes they would constantly vibrate.

Anyways again I would like to say great job on your end.
Now we just need someone to write a program similar to ppjoy that accepts directinput rumble and outputs it to BTSIX then most programs that support rumble would be covered.
Ahh if only I had the patience for programming
Actualy i'm on it but i have some problems with Rumble and Multiplayer code.

For directinput Rumble code, i don't think finish it because i want start BtSix Vista 32&64bit version.
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

Well i wish you all the best with the multiplayer code.
I know a bunch of people will be elated to hear about possible Vista 64 support. Do you have help with your coding or are you taking all this on by yourself.
I know this might sound very basic but based on my past experiences please make sure you keep at least two separate copies of your code.
I would feel very bad for you if a hard disk crash were to make you lose all your efforts.
eighta

Post by eighta »

89ron thank you for you development on this driver,

Just yesterday I read about that PS3 Pad, can use with the PC, inmediatly bought a Pad and test this AWESON invention.

Thank you for the driver.

Still i dont get to test this pad via Bluetooth, becasue of time, this night i will try to use it, via BlueTooth,

I have a question, The sensivility of the pad is working? or no yet?

Thank you again
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

What exactly do you mean by the 'sensitivity' of the pad.
If you are referring to Motion Sensing then yes it works but there is a special way to set it up in ppjoy. You would have to browse and read the previous pages to see what others recommend to get it to work. I never tried it myself since I figured not many older games would have much use for it.
eighta

Post by eighta »

Yes, about the motion, when I incline de pad, this will generate a movment.

And another thing, sesivility of button, that are 8 bits sensivility, that is too implemented??

Another Question:

Is mandatory (HCI & LMP must be > 3.00 in "Firmware Information" )

Is someone, know how to see de HCI & LMP version, of my Bluetooth device, please tell me!

Thank you!
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

Well button sensitivity basically works the problem is no games on pc really support it as far as i know (I am open to correction).
seam

gears of war problem

Post by seam »

when i use this with gears of war the left stick doesnt work properly. when u press forward he walks backwards. many people have had this problem(i googled it) i upgraded to 1.5b from 1.4 cus i noticed xbox360 support was added, but it still doesnt work right. up is down and down is up.... any ideas?
Mr.Brightside

Re: gears of war problem

Post by Mr.Brightside »

seam wrote:when i use this with gears of war the left stick doesnt work properly. when u press forward he walks backwards. many people have had this problem(i googled it) i upgraded to 1.5b from 1.4 cus i noticed xbox360 support was added, but it still doesnt work right. up is down and down is up.... any ideas?
remap the up and down commands in ppjoy, not sure but it might work
seam

Post by seam »

nothing you do in ppjoy or xpadder fixes this. other people in this thread apparently have used their 6axis with gears of war... how did they get past the inverted left stick problem?
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

My Gears of War worked fine without any special configuration. I dunno maybe it's a bug in the game itself my game is unpatched so i don't know if any updates introduced bugs
seam

Post by seam »

there must be something you did... i never patched my gears. just installed it and right off the bat the problem is there. you are the first person i have heard of who has successfully used the sixaxis(or other psx style) controller with gears of war. here are other people with the same problem.

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showth ... p?t=583478
http://www.fixya.com/support/t289050-gears_war_problem
http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showth ... =25533514v

no editing of .ini files or remapping using any program has worked. dont mean to drag this subject out, but if anyone has any ideas i would be grateful. thanks.
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

Seam have you tried my POV mapped to buttons ppjoy config on page 8?
That is the only thing I have done different from most setups.
89ron

Post by 89ron »

BtSix 1.5c
http://bqron.free.fr/PS3/BT/BtSix.1.5c.zip

- Xinput Options *Added*

rypaul

Post by rypaul »

You want solutions 89ron has the answers. :)
pichili.pichili

Tks & Cgrts!

Post by pichili.pichili »

[quote="89ron"]BtSix 1.5c

Dear 89ron, your 1.5C version works perfectly! I really appreciate your efforts... As a positive comment, from my point of view, the only weak item is the missing of multiplayer option over bluetooth with DS3 (at least for two!), but anyway, we'll still waiting!
Last edited by pichili.pichili on Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
eighta

Post by eighta »

Hi everyone,

if some can help me

I am getting this error

Why this happen to me.

How can i fix this?

Thanks
pichili.pichili

Post by pichili.pichili »

Eighta, try this solution that "rypaul" have already posted, it worked perfectly for me!

--- Qte ---
Download and install this to fix the application error
The program requires new Visual C++ libraries

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
---UnQte---

Hope this works for you too!
eighta

Post by eighta »

pichili.pichili wrote:Eighta, try this solution that "rypaul" have already posted, it worked perfectly for me!

--- Qte ---
Download and install this to fix the application error
The program requires new Visual C++ libraries

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
---UnQte---

Hope this works for you too!
Thank you, that resolve my problem
eighta

Post by eighta »

I again,

Please help me to configure correctly the DS3 pad.

This is my situation.

1. Install the Microsoft Visual C++ Library
[vcredist_x86.exe]

2. plug my Bluetooth dongle.

3. Update the drivers for the Bluetooth dongle.

4. install the Lib-USB Win32.

5. plug the DS3 pad, but in this moment, windows vista install the pad by default and add the pad to the panel control. Like this:

But when I push the button "Properties", for test the buttons, none of the buttons work.

Later I test one application called:

PLAYSTATION(R)3 SIXAXIS initiator for windows
by Keiichi AOKI ([email protected]), 2006

And later in this moment, the DS3 work.

5. install the PPJoy and create "Virtual Joystick"

And on the control panel, add the second Joystick, but this do not respond to the control actions (pushing the buttons).

In this point I get stuck, because the BtSix open, but, this work with the another Pad (PPJoy).

If someone know the solutions to this problem please, let me know!

Thanks in advance!
seam

Post by seam »

89ron wrote:BtSix 1.5c

- Xinput Options *Added*

man i really appreciate it, but it doesnt work for me. not just in gears of war either. i check the invert option and even in xpadder or anything else for that matter it doesnt change the axis. can anyone else verify the new invert options work?
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

Replying to eighta. After you plug the usb cable into the gamepad you must then open btsix and click address then unplug the gamepad and press the button on the pad to connect.

Ignore the Playstation3 gamepad option that appears in the joystick control panel when you plug in the usb cable btsix does not use it.

Make sure you see btsix responding to the gamepad first then check the ppjoy joystick 1 under the control panel and see if the buttons respond.

Also make sure NOT to run that other PS3 initiator program at any point.
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

Replying to seam.

Could you post a picture or link to a picture of your ppjoy configuration.
Do the analog sticks work correctly in every other application?
89ron

Post by 89ron »

seam wrote: man i really appreciate it, but it doesnt work for me. not just in gears of war either. i check the invert option and even in xpadder or anything else for that matter it doesnt change the axis. can anyone else verify the new invert options work?
Xpadder doesn't work with Xinput mode, don't use it.
eighta

Post by eighta »

Alright, this night i will do that rypaul, but let me tell you something,

when i install the PPJoy and Add one Controller, this appears on control panel, with de PlasStation3 Pad that windows install by default,

Later, on the control panel->joystick, neighter of both, work, when i push some button, this no work. this situations is nomal?

Thank you in advance
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

Before you check the control panel joystick section you have to make sure you open btsix with the controller disconnected from the usb cable then press the playstation button in the middle of the controller. If you do not see any response from btsix then press disconnect in btsix and try the playstation button on the controller again. If you still do not see anything happening in btsix then either you have not paired the bluetooth receiver with the gamepad properly or the receiver might not be compatible. As i said earlier if i could see a shot of your screen with your BtSix and ppjoy configs maybe i can figure something out.
Also ignore the PlayStation3 Pad you see in the joystick section it is not important.
jedikwon

Re: gears of war problem

Post by jedikwon »

seam wrote:when i use this with gears of war the left stick doesnt work properly. when u press forward he walks backwards. many people have had this problem(i googled it) i upgraded to 1.5b from 1.4 cus i noticed xbox360 support was added, but it still doesnt work right. up is down and down is up.... any ideas?
I had the same experience when I played Gears of war with Btsix 1.4 version. I had to reverse Y-axis in the ppjoy config. Now, with 1.5, all problem solved and works just fine. You don't really have to do anything with ppjoy. Just use default setting for ppjoy except set the number of Axies to 5. Then run Btsix 1.5 and play Gears of war.
seam

Post by seam »

ill try that jedikwon, good to hear someone else using btsix has had this problem, heh.

rypaul: im at work now, but ill post pics when i get home.

EDIT:also, if it helps at all... this is the guide i followed when setting btsix up.

http://boards.ign.com/ps3_lobby/b8269/163284350/p1

maybe thatll help you figure out what i have set wrong