SIXAXIS under Windows

Technical discussion on the newly released and hard to find PS3.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

DomX

Post by DomX »

Who created the 64bit driver btw? (even though the controller still doesn't work)
zalnam

Post by zalnam »

Hello,
Has anyone tried Sixaxis + bluetooth with DMC4 ? On USB i had no problems, but on bluetooth the game doesn't recognize all the buttons although i configured the controls with DMC4Launcher.

Anyway thanks for BtSix, can't wait for a vers. with rumble support.
rypaul

Ok here is my messy solution for buttons not working

Post by rypaul »

Ok I will explain briefly. PPJoy seems to allocate the buttons in a strange way. Basically DMC4 sees button 1 in PPJoy as nothing and button 2 as button 1, button 3 as 2, button 4 as 3 and so on and so on, you get the picture. So what i did was re-edit the controller profile in PPJoy and reassign all the buttons down one level so for button 2 mine says digital 0,
button 3 says digital 1, button 4 says digital 2 and so on. Only the buttons need fixing the POV and analog sticks seem fine. Also Btsix seems to swap the LR and thumb triggers and start and select buttons so instead of the buttons going from left to right they go right left. In other words digital 5 might be left trigger and digital 4 will be right trigger instead of the other way around. I used this info the manually remap the buttons in PPJoy based on the DMC4 controller type 6. The only other thing I had to change was to make the POV and XY setting look like the ones in the controller type 1 menu. Now DMC4 is singing and my emulators are now seeing all the buttons correctly. Hopefully the developer of BTSIX can swap the mappings for the triggers so the layout can match standard gamepads.
Last edited by rypaul on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ninjaxtasy

Post by ninjaxtasy »

OK. So will I need (2) USB DONGLES to allow my BLUETOOTH headset to register sounds and the other to allow wireless PS3 controller?

If so, has anyone successfully done this?
rypaul

Short answer is 95% yes

Post by rypaul »

It should work, I have one Bluetooth device controlling my peripherals using a WIDCOMM driver and the other using ftusb connected to the Controller
I always leave 5% for any software or hardware incompatibilities.
Aekeri

Post by Aekeri »

I know 89ron is coming out with rumble support for btsix but...
I still decided to figure out how to get it rumbling anyways... seeing how there's a lack of documentation here about it... (or am i just not looking in the right places?)

anyways, over usb:
sending this using HID_REQ_SET_REPORT, where x is a value between 0x0 - 0xF, will set the vibration accordingly...

Code: Select all

00 00 00 FF x0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
command to send goes something like so: (using libusb)

Code: Select all

usb_control_msg(
  udev,
  USB_TYPE_CLASS | USB_RECIP_INTERFACE,
  HID_REQ_SET_REPORT,
  0x201, 
  dev->config->interface->altsetting->bInterfaceNumber, 
  buffer, //above data goes here
  USB_CTRL_GET_TIMEOUT);

again i apologize if this is old news, its very new to me.
zalnam

Post by zalnam »

rypaul:
10x for the reply.
I can't get even the analog sticks to work properly.
Can you please put 2 pictures (or link if upload them somewhere) with your config: one from ppjoy (page>Configure mapping for buttons) and one from DMC4Launcher>Controls ?
Maybe it's useful to others.
rypaul

Ok

Post by rypaul »

Will do as soon as I get home from work in an hour.
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

Here are my mappings.
The first four pics are for a mapping that matches the standard windows gampad config eg. Logitech USB gamepad.

The second set are for those like me who use certain emulators that have problems with the POV diagonals. The second mappings simply map the POV buttons to regular joystick buttons.

The last pic is the DMC4 config.

I hope this helps.

NORMAL CONFIG

POV MAPPED TO BUTTONS

Shadelancer

Post by Shadelancer »

ninjaxtasy wrote:OK. So will I need (2) USB DONGLES to allow my BLUETOOTH headset to register sounds and the other to allow wireless PS3 controller?

If so, has anyone successfully done this?
~Just wanted to reply quick, Im doing it right now. And yeah, you need two - I also use the widcomm bt stack. Works very well. Just sad that I lost the use of one BT dongle.... well, ok, not so sad. =)
zalnam

Post by zalnam »

rypaul: your NORMAL config + DMC4 settings work great, thanks a million ! ;)
After a few hours of trying different setups i thought it can't be done, but your setting does work.
rypaul

No Prob.

Post by rypaul »

Glad I could help. I am always happy to share knowledge that can be useful.
coxroach1

Post by coxroach1 »

I am new to both this thread and this forum.

Firstly hello all :-)

i am desperate to get my PS3 controller workiong with my PC which runs Vista x64

Is this possable yet?
rypaul

Not yet

Post by rypaul »

No not at this time, apparently the developer does not have VISTA64 so he cannot write and test the program on it. Also the PPJoy progam which we use in conjunction with his software does not have a 64-bit version so it may take a long while
coxroach1

Post by coxroach1 »

damn!. I love to play driving games and it is sooo much easier with a PS3 controller rather than keyboard
Zaza

Post by Zaza »

I don't have much experience with Bluetooth (I'll be buying my first dongle tomorrow) so pardon me if I ask some noobish questions. I was thinking of using Bluesoleil for my Bluetooth driver(?) and was wondering if I couldn't if I planned on using FreeBT and/or BTSix. Also does it matter what Bluetooth dongle I buy? Upon further reading I've found something else that seems unclear to me: Do I need to dedicate one Bluetooth dongle to the Sixaxis only? Meaning I'd need to buy two dongles one for the Sixaxis and another for other Bluetooth devices. Thanks.
phoenon

4 Sixaxis??

Post by phoenon »

Has anyone tried more than 2 SixAxis?? I just can make work 2...
Any other report?
thank you...
turo_yee

Post by turo_yee »

There is a way to make this work on Windows XP x64? Thanks.
Alex_live

Post by Alex_live »

Hi everyone, nice to meet you.
I'm new here so excuse me if I put an idiotic question:)

I have windows xp (not x64) and whatever i try that i find here on this thread....I get the same result....no response from the controller.

First I tried using BTsix....but I think my dongle isn't compatible and that's why (even though it connects) the pc does not read the buttons or the axis.

Then I tried the solution with the USB cable on the first post here....but even though ps3sixaxis_en does work....the pc still does not respond to the buttons.

Can anyone help me please?
Thanks a lot.
speedFR

Re: 4 Sixaxis??

Post by speedFR »

First thank you ferry much your program works perfect with my sixaxis controller.
phoenon wrote:Has anyone tried more than 2 SixAxis?? I just can make work 2...
Any other report?
thank you...
I tried to connect three of them, but the thirth one doesn't want to connect. To make sure it wasn't the controller I also tried to connect them in a different order but I still got no more than two of them connected at the same time. I used BtSix.0.5.0.5b(http://bqron.free.fr/PS3/BT/.BETA/).
mohbana

Re: Not yet

Post by mohbana »

rypaul wrote:No not at this time, apparently the developer does not have VISTA64 so he cannot write and test the program on it. Also the PPJoy progam which we use in conjunction with his software does not have a 64-bit version so it may take a long while
Can't someone just email him and ask to get it ported?
Tindytim

Re: Not yet

Post by Tindytim »

I posted a tut for setting up and controller and button mapping on page 5 is anyone is having any issues.
mohbana wrote:
rypaul wrote:No not at this time, apparently the developer does not have VISTA64 so he cannot write and test the program on it. Also the PPJoy progam which we use in conjunction with his software does not have a 64-bit version so it may take a long while
Can't someone just email him and ask to get it ported?
It's not something he can magically do. It would take a lot of work, and if he doesn't have the OS himself, or a 64-bit processor he can't even test it.

Not only is that asking him to use 64-bit libraries he may not be familiar with, but programming for a different operating system.
Aky

Post by Aky »

I am now a Vista 64 user, so my Dual Shock 3 doesn't work anymore (i used it with USB cable)

But something weird is that Vista 64 recognize the controller, but buttons doesn't work, it doesn't recognize when we use them...

(So, if one day a programmer know how to make it work on Vista 64... thanks :D)
phoenon

Post by phoenon »

Drivers under Windows 64 must be signed by microsoft. Then is just not a question of coding the freebt. Even the driver works we need PPjoy x64. Perhaps you should talk with PPjoy Autor (Deon) There's nothing to do without that.

This two things are needed for x64, and of course the port of 89ron's BtSix...
Alex_live

Post by Alex_live »

hey, guys....I solved my problem and now my sixaxis works
but i have another problem

Whenever I play fifa 08 and Overlord: Rising Hell (on these 2 games i've seen....it might be a problem in other games as well) the square (digital 0) does not respond....you think you have any sollutions, please?

a0a0

Post by a0a0 »

When we can find sixaxis moviment in a version of btsix?
Exuse me for my bad english :(
DomX

Post by DomX »

phoenon wrote:Drivers under Windows 64 must be signed by microsoft. Then is just not a question of coding the freebt. Even the driver works we need PPjoy x64. Perhaps you should talk with PPjoy Autor (Deon) There's nothing to do without that.

This two things are needed for x64, and of course the port of 89ron's BtSix...
One could easily enable an option that allows unsigned drivers.
Is PPjoy even needed for connection via USB?
a0a0

Post by a0a0 »

89RON, can you add an option for autostart in trayicon ?
Aky

Post by Aky »

I know that there are many problem for a Vista 64 version

One of those are the necessity of signed drivers

Here's a way to install unsigned drivers :
http://searchwincomputing.techtarget.co ... 12,00.html

Maybe 89ron and other guys know already about that, but i just try to help

Now, we need libusb64 and ppjoy64 :(
mohbana

Post by mohbana »

Aky wrote:I know that there are many problem for a Vista 64 version

One of those are the necessity of signed drivers

Here's a way to install unsigned drivers :
http://searchwincomputing.techtarget.co ... 12,00.html

Maybe 89ron and other guys know already about that, but i just try to help

Now, we need libusb64 and ppjoy64 :(
I've got a feeling we're going to have a working ps3 controller on vista 64bit soon, the only thing lefts only require ports.