SIXAXIS under Windows

Technical discussion on the newly released and hard to find PS3.

Moderators: cheriff, emoon

eighta

Post by eighta »

Hi everyone, again...

I have another problem...

I follow all the steps for install my DS3, but when i run the BitSix applications and press the adress button, all work fine. I unplug the DS3 and press the middle button of the DS3. later the application BitSix, show that my controller is connected, but nothing happen. when i push the button. move the control... nothing.

Can somebody helpme please .

Im using winXp Sp2

Thanks in advance
seam

Re: gears of war problem

Post by seam »

jedikwon wrote:
seam wrote:when i use this with gears of war the left stick doesnt work properly. when u press forward he walks backwards. many people have had this problem(i googled it) i upgraded to 1.5b from 1.4 cus i noticed xbox360 support was added, but it still doesnt work right. up is down and down is up.... any ideas?
I had the same experience when I played Gears of war with Btsix 1.4 version. I had to reverse Y-axis in the ppjoy config. Now, with 1.5, all problem solved and works just fine. You don't really have to do anything with ppjoy. Just use default setting for ppjoy except set the number of Axies to 5. Then run Btsix 1.5 and play Gears of war.

hey, when you added the 5th axis can you tell me exactly what you set it to?
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

Hey eighta i'm sorry to say this but I am starting to get the feeling your bluetooth dongle or card is not compatible with the freebt driver...
eighta

Post by eighta »

OMG, and i already bought two Bluetooth dongle, i will test my pad at work, there my laptop have a bluetooth builtin.

Im out of luck!
eighta

Post by eighta »

Please, someone that have the controller working

Letme know two things.

1.When follow all the steps. When run the BtSix, still with the Controller plugit, When the applications lunch, inmedialty the BtSix recognizes the controller? I mean, the motion is dectectly at one? o later when you have to finish all the steps?

2.Before lunch the BtSix application, when you go to the control panel, and select JoyStick, there show two controller: the PlayStation 3, installed by windows and the pad that you add using PPJoy? right? ok, when you select properties of both on them, this detect the actions of the controller (pushing buttons) ?

Thank you
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

BtSix recognises the controller only after you unplug the controller and press the playstation button in the middle of the controller
ImageImage
You are supposed to launch and test btsix before you go to the control panel. Try and get btsix to respond before you worry about the joysticks in the control panel.
eighta

Post by eighta »

Thank you for the fast reply rypaul, well i think that im doing all correctly, just left me to test on another bluetooth device.

But that is rare, that the BtSix in the window title, when I push the middle button of the DS3, it sait that my DS3 is connected. But nothing more happen.
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

Could you please post a picture of your BtSix before and after you connect. What numbers does yours have beside HCI and LMP
BtSix should look like this before and after you connect.

ImageImage

eighta

Post by eighta »

this night i will upload the screenshot of my problem, but basically is the same image that you show (the number one). And thats it!

how you get at this point (image 1) ??

and what you do for get the image 2??
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

Ok

1.) I plugged in my bluetooth usb dongle

2.) When the new hardware wizard came up I pointed it to the the freebt driver.

3.) I then installed the libusb 1.10.1 software as well as this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

4.) I plugged the controller into the computer ran Btsix and clicked on the address button which is what you see in image1

5.) I then unplugged the controller unplugged and press this button

Then Btsix looks like image2

If you are using Vista and you still have trouble then try this
1.) make sure btsix is closed
2.) uninstall libusb
3.) delete these TWO files windows\system32\libusb0.dll
and windows\system32\drivers\libusb0.sys

4.) Then make sure you install this version
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/libusb ... g_mirror=0

Also to install libusb under vista right click on the file and click properties
then goto compatibility, click on run this program incompatibility mode for Windows XP and also tick run as administrator. then click ok and install it
Last edited by rypaul on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
eighta

Post by eighta »

In the step 4, when you press the adress button, popup a windows that show my MAC Adress, but in this moment still is no conected.

(cry)
Last edited by eighta on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

Try the new suggestions i added to the post above and I did not really understand the second sentence of your last post
eighta

Post by eighta »

Thanks for the sugestion. This night i will try on Windows XP SP3 (I hope dont have any problem (even more) for that).

PD. Sorry my english, I am still learning
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

I hope you get it to work tonight.
You do not need to be sorry for me not understanding you i have understood you very well up until now.
jedikwon

Post by jedikwon »

seam wrote:
jedikwon wrote:
seam wrote:when i use this with gears of war the left stick doesnt work properly. when u press forward he walks backwards. many people have had this problem(i googled it) i upgraded to 1.5b from 1.4 cus i noticed xbox360 support was added, but it still doesnt work right. up is down and down is up.... any ideas?
I had the same experience when I played Gears of war with Btsix 1.4 version. I had to reverse Y-axis in the ppjoy config. Now, with 1.5, all problem solved and works just fine. You don't really have to do anything with ppjoy. Just use default setting for ppjoy except set the number of Axies to 5. Then run Btsix 1.5 and play Gears of war.

it's the default setting, I only erased axis 6,7,8.
Tindytim

Post by Tindytim »

What is the Purpose of that 5th Axis? Are you using only one of the movement controls? Or do you have some secret you'd like to share?
seam

Post by seam »

jedikwon wrote:
seam wrote:
jedikwon wrote: I had the same experience when I played Gears of war with Btsix 1.4 version. I had to reverse Y-axis in the ppjoy config. Now, with 1.5, all problem solved and works just fine. You don't really have to do anything with ppjoy. Just use default setting for ppjoy except set the number of Axies to 5. Then run Btsix 1.5 and play Gears of war.

it's the default setting, I only erased axis 6,7,8.

WOW, it worked!!!! all i did was enable a 5th axis and set it to "slider" and it fixed my gears of war problem!!! i dont quite understand WHY it works, but it does. thanks a lot jedikwon!! :D
Zaza

Post by Zaza »

Hi I'm running Vista 32bit and trying to install FreeBT A3. My BT dongle is this one and I've been struggling for hours. Firstly, Vista always starts installing drivers for the dongle when I plug it in. After I told it not to, it only installed what seemed like basic drivers (could tell it was BT and whatnot) and asked me for the device drivers. Every time I point to the FreeBT driver folder I either get an error telling me there's no driver for my device in there or that "he best driver software for your device is already installed."

Please is there anyway around this?
eighta

Post by eighta »

this is my dongle bluetooth http://www.inesun.com/show.php?id=3652 this have some problems of compatibility?
pablogargano

Post by pablogargano »

Does somebody know how to fix the FreeBT USB driver regarding the standby/hibernate problem? It doesn't allow my XP to go in standby or hibernation.

Help !!!
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

The driver does not support standby
the only workaround I have for now is after exiting BtSix go into device manager and right click on the freebt usb device under usb devices and click disable. This is the only way that the computer can enter standby.
When I power back on and want to play I have to go back to device manager and enable it before running BtSix.
the freebt driver would have to be updated to support standby and I am not sure if the newer versions allow this. Also BtSix might not work with the newer versions without changes to it's code.
Mr.Brightside

Post by Mr.Brightside »

rypaul wrote:The driver does not support standby
the only workaround I have for now is after exiting BtSix go into device manager and right click on the freebt usb device under usb devices and click disable. This is the only way that the computer can enter standby.
When I power back on and want to play I have to go back to device manager and enable it before running BtSix.
the freebt driver would have to be updated to support standby and I am not sure if the newer versions allow this. Also BtSix might not work with the newer versions without changes to it's code.
i have win vista home premium and my computer "sleeps" with no problem i just hear like if a usb device was plugged in and out 3 times, when i open btsix all works properly, i will try to stand by while btsix runniong to see what happens
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

When you put Vista to sleep do your fans stay on. If so then it might be using S1 mode for sleep which is not as deep as S3 which is what my XP has a big problem with the Freebt driver.
Mr.Brightside

Post by Mr.Brightside »

rypaul wrote:When you put Vista to sleep do your fans stay on. If so then it might be using S1 mode for sleep which is not as deep as S3 which is what my XP has a big problem with the Freebt driver.
when i put vista to sleep everything seems to shut down but the power light, i can even left my computer overnight in its case and when i resume it still has plenty of battery and is an instant turn on
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

Oh it's a laptop. Well maybe Vista handles standby for usb devices better than XP
Mr.Brightside

Post by Mr.Brightside »

rypaul wrote:Oh it's a laptop. Well maybe Vista handles standby for usb devices better than XP
oh yes sorry, its a laptop, i might had said that before xD...do anybody with vista is experiencing that issue or hearing too much device connect and disconnect on resume?
presslab

Post by presslab »

I too have problems with standby. However, I don't think it is the freeBT driver, because if I close BtSix before entering standby it works just fine.

89ron, Would it be possible for BtSix to detect a standby request and then disable the controller until the computer resumed? I think this would fix the problem.

Thanks for your efforts!
Mr.Brightside

Post by Mr.Brightside »

presslab wrote:I too have problems with standby. However, I don't think it is the freeBT driver, because if I close BtSix before entering standby it works just fine.

89ron, Would it be possible for BtSix to detect a standby request and then disable the controller until the computer resumed? I think this would fix the problem.

Thanks for your efforts!
i think it may be possible but it will require btsix to be open or running in the background
presslab

Post by presslab »

Mr.Brightside wrote:
presslab wrote:I too have problems with standby. However, I don't think it is the freeBT driver, because if I close BtSix before entering standby it works just fine.

Thanks for your efforts!
i think it may be possible but it will require btsix to be open or running in the background
The problem is only when BtSix is running. The FreeBT driver does not need to be disabled or anything to get it to standby correctly. All that BtSix needs to do is unhook from the FreeBT driver when a standby occurs and reconnect when resumed.
rypaul

Post by rypaul »

I stand corrected, I think I overlooked the fact that I had Btsix open when the computer tried to standby