Help Wanted: Porting Cheatmaster for PSP to PS2

A place to post legitimate, console-related project recruitment or commercial employment opportunities.
Jdude

Help Wanted: Porting Cheatmaster for PSP to PS2

Post by Jdude »

I would like some help in a project of porting the source of the Cheatmaster program for the PSP platform to PS2 source. Cheatmaster is an in-game memory searching and editing program. I want to convert it to an ELF file that can run along with the ELF file of the running game. My plan is to make an ELF file loaded by something such as swapmagic. This program would have the ported Cheatmaster program run in the background as it loads then loads the game disk you insert after loading the ELF program. To clarify, the process would be to load the ELF file that runs Cheatmaster in background then insert the game disk and press a button, such as X, to launch it. I have very limited knowledge of programming in general, a slight bit with PSP (did a hello world tutorial), and none at all with PS2 platform. I will be looking over the Cheatmaster source and trying to decipher it but I know for sure that I will need help. For starters, I will need to know how to alter the syntax and command lines to perform the same operations with the PS2 kernel. Furthermore, Cheatmaster runs as a background process that is brought foreword by a button combination, such as Select + L + R. Therefore, the loading ELF would have to load the Cheatmaster program as a background module.

Because I don't have any money to spare now, this is a free project. I know I'm asking quite a bit but I hope there may be someone generous enough to help point in the right directions with this project. I'm willing to try to learn how to do this and not just wanting someone else to do it for me. The problem is that I need to know what I'm supposed to do to reach my goal. So if anyone can give me pointers or help of any kind, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Jdude.