Help with PSP-Dosbox.

A place to post legitimate, console-related project recruitment or commercial employment opportunities.
ANorthernSoul

Help with PSP-Dosbox.

Post by ANorthernSoul »

Apologies if this isn't the sort of post these forums were built for, but I've been following Crazyc's PSP-Dosbox thread, which looks to be the best place for discussion/queries about it, although typical to my luck an over-2-year-old thread is locked 5 days before I notice it.

I decided to jump straight into the deep end and try Theme Hospital, as it was the game I wanted to play most. Has anyone else here played it using PSPDosBox? I didn't see it mentioned in the thread. I've found it to be quite laggy, but then I've no real knowledge on how to tweak it, apart from what's been suggested (upping frameskip/memory etc). Not altogether suprising, it played much smoother with no sound installed, but I soon realised I'd need it for announcements and other stuff. I got the sound effects working fine, but none of the music options worked for me. Any suggestions on how to better it?

More importantly, when using Dos Navigator & Theme Hospital, I've noticed my mouse won't stay still, always veering off, which makes it difficult to click things. Lowering the sensitivity to 35 has helped a bit (not veering off as far) but is this a first? Has this problem been reported before, and possibly been fixed? I don't think it's my analog stick, as I've never noticed it when using the PSPs browser.

Lastly, could the Dosbox thread be relooked at and possibly reopened again?

Thanks.