Find and change soundfiles on PS2 game iso-image?!?

A place to post legitimate, console-related project recruitment or commercial employment opportunities.
60r3cut

Find and change soundfiles on PS2 game iso-image?!?

Post by 60r3cut »

Hello folks,

I'm new here because I hope to find some help on modding a PS2 game. I try to change some soundfiles of my game Richard Burns Rallye because I don't like the annoying co-driver pacenotes. On PC version there are a lot of patches availlable and it's very easy to change the soundfiles.
On PC version there should be a file called audio.dat and with a simple tool it's possible to extract this file and change the files you want.
But on my PS2 image I can't find theses files. I only can see a folder called AUDIO. In this folder there are a lot of sub-folders and some files. Two files I have opened with notepad:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
INCIDENT.INI

[CarDamage]
num=1
Snd0 =sendheli

[OffTrack]
num=2
Snd0 =w_way1
Snd1 =w_way2

[VeryLowSpeed]
num=1
Snd0 =227
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
CODRIVER.INI

[PACENOTE::90_LEFT]
Sounds=3
Snd0=90_left1
Snd1=90_left2
Snd2=90_left3
[PACENOTE::90_RIGHT]
Sounds=3
Snd0=90_right1
Snd1=90_right2
Snd2=90_right3
[PACENOTE::AND]
Sounds=2
Snd0=And1
Snd1=And2
[PACENOTE::BRIDGE]
Sounds=1
Snd0=Bridge
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see in the first file, a soundfile called sendheli is used. This soundfile I can find in on of the sub-folders (AUDIO/SPEECH/INCIDENT) and replace with my own file.
But if you look into the CODRIVER.INI file you can see soundfiles like
90_left1 and exactly these file I can't find on the DVD. This files are the pacenotes of the co-driver so I have to change them.
Is it possible to locate these files on the DVD? Perhaps they are packed into a containerfile or something else but here I need your help because
I'm becoming desperated.
I hope someone is able to help me with my problem,

best regards

Patrick
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

We don't discuss game hacking here.
60r3cut

Post by 60r3cut »

In my opinion this is no hacking. Hacking is something illegal and here I can't notice anything illegal. I only want to change some soundfiles...
But if you think so I will accept your opinion about my project.

Thanks,

Patrick
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

60r3cut wrote:In my opinion this is no hacking. Hacking is something illegal and here I can't notice anything illegal. I only want to change some soundfiles...
But if you think so I will accept your opinion about my project.

Thanks,

Patrick
It doesn't matter if it's legal or not. This isn't a site for modding games, but rather programming them. About the only kind of "mod" you'll find here is making a conversion of an existing program to the PS2/PSP/PS3.
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

Locked...
We don't do game cheating, modification, add-ons, conversions, etc on this site