demo game sound and gps...

A place to post legitimate, console-related project recruitment or commercial employment opportunities.
tonin

demo game sound and gps...

Post by tonin »

hello everybody
I'm a young french artist in residency in Tokyo since one month and I try to developpe a game demo one psp.

the project call Oterp. (website www.oterp.com but in stand by until the first demo)

I pratically finish to program a first demo concept in lua with a digital compas to use cardinal point and a PSP something like a turntable.
http://atonews.blogspot.com/2007/11/car ... table.html

But my first goal for this residency is to develop a demo of a game to play music in fonction of your diplacement with the gps. So I need to programming this demo version in C language.
I work on Visualstudio with oslib and cygwin.

I would like to finish a demo for a public exhibition at Digital Art Festival tokyo for the 6 december.

If someone could give me some good advice about how to programming that ?
with the PSP 290 on psp slim with firmware 3.71 M33 (but I can change if it's more easy to developpe on a other firmware)
or fat with Firmware 1.50.
I try to use some Deniska source code but I'm not sure to use the good source. And I'm not sure to understand how to use USBGPS.prx

I've begun the programming on psp since 3 weeks
So I'm not very good but I work hard.

I have other people who help me in this project
3 musicians (from japan, france, england) and a graphist for animation (from france) the sprite like that :
http://bp3.blogger.com/_zdzxx-sacL0/RzJ ... rpcrew.png

the caracters are a mix beetween a sputnik and yokai (japanese monsters) | food | and other strange things that I see in Japan.

And also If you are interested to help me inthe dev of this project I can propose a "fukubukuro" (japanese surprise box under 10000 yen, I'm not a very rich guy !) and I mention your name or nickname in the credit demo and also during the exhibition.

I think also to continu this project after the exhibition. Thus it's could be a collaboration for 2008.

thanks for your futur help.
and don't hesitate to contact me and ask some questions about me or my project:)