Help Wanted - 2D Sidescroller

A place to post legitimate, console-related project recruitment or commercial employment opportunities.
Garak

Help Wanted - 2D Sidescroller

Post by Garak »

Hello again,

Now that there is an official topic for it, I don't feel so bad asking for help. I have been working on a 2D side-scroller for several months now. The game is for the PSP and it is written in C using SDL. The 2D engine works great, and the game is currently playable. It has (in my opinion) the best graphics and story of any homebrew game to date.

I am in need of an additional developer to help speed things up. We have most of level 1 complete. We plan on 4 levels. The interested coder would take part in designing menus, integrating true type font support, adding music, and/or working on any other portion of the game that he/she likes.

If you would like additional information, or to experience the awesomeness that is the working demo, just send me an email. We do not have a web page, as we want to surprise everyone with the finished product when it is ready. But as I said, if you are seriously interested in helping develop and would like more info, send me an email and I will let you check out the demo. Serious developers only please.

And here is the info requested by the forum posting rules...

1. The Game is for the PSP
2. Compensation... HAHAHAHA, I don't think so. All we can offer you is "fortune and glory". And we plan to make the game open source.
3. Full game outline and level notes available for interested coders
4. I claim no responsibility for the content either =).

Garak
AIM: Garak2000
Email: [email protected]
illfoundedmind

Post by illfoundedmind »

I'm working on a 2d side scroller too. An old school rpg programmed in lua. Your project sounds very cool indeed how are the sprites going?
illfoundedmind Production StudioImage