[psp] not sure what to do

A place to post legitimate, console-related project recruitment or commercial employment opportunities.
Stuff

[psp] not sure what to do

Post by Stuff »

I was trying to compile some source code I found and I got this error message:
> "make"
psp-gcc -I/c/devkitPro/devkitPSP/psp/sdk/include/libc -I. -I/c/devkitPro/devkitPSP/psp/sdk/include -DNOEXIT -DFPM_MIPS -O2 -G0 -Wall -fno-pic -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=150 -c -o main.o main.c
main.c: In function 'main_thread':
main.c:59: error: 'PSP_POWER_TICK_DISPLAY' undeclared (first use in this function)
main.c:59: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
main.c:59: error: for each function it appears in.)
main.c:74: warning: implicit declaration of function 'sceDisplaySetBrightness'
main.c:89: warning: implicit declaration of function 'sceSysconCtrlLED'
"make": *** [main.o] Error 1

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:03

this was after going through some other error message and finding out the my environment variables were wrong. so I don't know what the message means. I also think my folders are mix up. So I took a picture of my folders and put a link to the picture and the code so that hopefully someone would help me fix the problem and maybe I can move on and mess with other stuff. my desktop is confused.

http://ifile.it/rvg91f0/devkitpsp.png
http://ifile.it/gl3mnaf/code.rar

[/url]
coyotebean

Post by coyotebean »

It's a general compiling issue. The messages indicate those items are not defined in the code.

PSP_POWER_TICK_DISPLAY defined in psppower.h
sceDisplaySetBrightness defined in pspdisplay_kernel.h
sceSysconCtrlLED defined in pspsyscon.h

Even if one don't know the SDK, it is very easy to search the include files to find the definition. You will also add the corresponding libraries when performing linking.
GBASP x1, GBM x2, NDSL x2, PSP 100X x3, PSP 200X x5, PSP 300X x2, PSP Go x2, Wii x1
Ideas: 6.x game compatibility plugin, run homebrew in 6.x, PSP emulator for analysis
Stuff

Post by Stuff »

ok thanks cayotebean. I guess I know what files to look at now.
do you think my folders are structured properly? I'm pretty sure I installed it with the automatic installer, but when I looked at the folders I thought something was wrong. I was thinking the reason for the problem was because it was looking for the files but the files weren't in the folder it was looking in. It's just a thought. I could be wrong about being wrong.