help installing psptoolchain

A place to post legitimate, console-related project recruitment or commercial employment opportunities.
ViCaelestis

help installing psptoolchain

Post by ViCaelestis »

Okay I've found a few posts with simmilar looking problems but I don't really understand what's being said for their solutions. I've never used Linux environments before so most of this is me looking at what people have said to solve a problem, typing in some line and getting a result.

That dosen't seem to be working in this case, so I appologize if this has been covered already.

My problem is that when I type:

Code: Select all

./toolchain.sh
I get the reply

../depends/check-gcc.sh: line 5: gcc: command not found
ERROR: Install gcc before continuing.
../depends/check-gcc.sh: Failed.
This is simple, it's telling me I need gcc, in the past dependencies just need one .h file to be added to a perticular folder so I went and downloaded the latest source since when I looked for binaries it suggested I use Cygwin and thats what I'm using to opperate this linux stuff on my Win7 pc.

So I used SVN to get the latest source and then went to the folder and used ./configure intending to follow with a make. However where this worked in the past to add dependencies in this case it's coming up with:

configure: error: in `/home/vi/somelocaldir`:
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $path
I'm a little lost as to where to put things or copy code or type to make it work.

Once I get GCC working I should be able to continue the toolchain setup.
If any further info is required please just ask.

Thanks for your patience.
Nick
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

Do what it says and install gcc. Use the cygwin setup program to select and install it.
ViCaelestis

Post by ViCaelestis »

Alright new problem haha, this time it's telling me that in order for it to run the toolchain.sh, building GCC requires GMP 4.1+ and MPFR 2.3+, now I know I have both of these installed and at later versions than requested. I reinstalled them twice to be sure.

I don't know if they need to be in a specific place, it says something like "Make sure that you have installed both the libraries and the header files." which I'm assuming go in include under usr or some such but I can't quite work it out.

I know MPFR.h and GCC.h are both in the /usr/include folder and there are the LIBGMP.a and .la as well as the lib.mpfr.a and .la in the usr/local/lib folder as well.

I searched the gcc folder for a .la or .a file and no relevent ones appeared to me so I don't know what might be missing from where or even if I'm looking in the wrong place.

Once again I appreciate any help offered and please just ask if you need more information.

Nick