Paying project - PS2 developer required

A place to post legitimate, console-related project recruitment or commercial employment opportunities.
LBGSHI

Paying project - PS2 developer required

Post by LBGSHI »

I am acting as a project manager (and GUI developer) for a company (DXT, Inc) that is designing the prototype for a PS2 peripheral. The finished product will be a ten-disc CD/DVD changer for the PS2, which will allow a user to select from up to ten game discs, and play the selected game. However, we're currently only concerned with the prototype, which will merely involve a standard, single-disc external CD/DVDROM drive, and an application, launched via something like FMCB, that will launch the disc in the external drive (the drive will be something similar to a network attached storage device, and will connect to the PS2 via the ethernet adapter).

However, having little I/O experience myself, we will need someone with I/O experience on the PS2. The primary responsibility of the I/O developer will be to utilize current modules and build any necessary nonexistent modules to communicate via ethernet with the CD/DVDROM drive, with the ability to launch games.

For the prototype, we will be utilizing the PS2DEV.org PS2SDK and any pertinent libraries, but we will likely move to the official Sony PS2 dev kit for the commercial release (due to licensing and such). Assuming the prototype goes well, the I/O developer will likely be selected for the commercial release as well, and furnished with a PS2 dev kit, as well as adequate compensation.

The pay for this (prototype) project will total $2,500, paid in milestone chunks (accomplish Milestone 1, receive $xxxx, and so on).

If you're interested, and believe you have the skill to accomplish such a task, please respond here. For more information on the final goal of this project, drop by http://www.digitalextremegamer.com/home.html
I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
LBGSHI

Post by LBGSHI »

Ah, I neglected to mention, that completion of the prototype will also yield entry to the E3 gaming convention (we will have a booth), and, depending on your location, probably a paid plane ticket to LA.
LBGSHI

Post by LBGSHI »

This request was filled :)
PsPfReAK

Post by PsPfReAK »

LBGSHI wrote:This request was filled :)
wow all on the same day aswell