Artist asks help for writing a simple code

A place to post legitimate, console-related project recruitment or commercial employment opportunities.
ottkosmoses

Artist asks help for writing a simple code

Post by ottkosmoses »

Hello.

I am making this animation for the PSP console. It will be like a simulation of videogame FPS/RPG based on this old Russian folk tale "Golobok". As I make it in the PSP format I also want to exhibit it on the platform.

As it will be shown the whole week in a gallery I need some kind of solution how a simple gallerylady could start the animation with one simple move. I know I could make eboot file run at PSP startup but I have no idea how to write a program itself whitch would play the movie repeatedly until it will be shut off again. What filetype the movie should be anyways?

Could somebody help me please with this executable eboot? I think I'm running out of time making the animation itself.
Thankyou.

Ott
from Estonia
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

If it's not interactive, you might consider just making it an mp4. Those are easy to make and will run from the XMB with the touch of a button. If you want an actual game engine to run a 3D animation, you're WAY too late to make anything that isn't due for at least six months to a year.
ottkosmoses

Post by ottkosmoses »

What I want to show is only a piece of animation. The trouble is that for me its pieceofcake to put an mp4 running in xmb and set it to repeat itself every day when starting. But I have no guarantee that person who'll turn on the exhibition every morning can handle it. These things just aren't so intuitive for old ladies who are usually up for this kind of static job. It would be nice to make executing the piece as painless as possible. I imagined it would be possible just to show one videofile in eboot.pbp in repeat mode.