PS2 network help

A place to post legitimate, console-related project recruitment or commercial employment opportunities.
jrodbrown58

PS2 network help

Post by jrodbrown58 »

i would like to use my computer to connect my ps2 so that i can play online. right now i am wireless and would like just to connect my ps2 to my computer since it is only a few feet away bc i have it hooked up to my HDTV so that the screen is bigger to play PC games with. is there anyway that i can connect the ps2 to my computer's broadband port and it will work? i would really appreciate the help!

thanks!!!!
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Windows or linux? Linux is pretty simple to setup a local net (which is what you want to do). In linux, the simplest way to setup a local net is with Firestarter. Firestarter allows you to control your computer's networking and firewall from a nice GUI. It's in most distros' repo. That's how I use MY PS2 with the net - through my development box running Ubuntu.

I'm certain there's something similar for Windows, I've just never bothered to look into it before.
jrodbrown58

Post by jrodbrown58 »

well, i do have linux... both PCLinux and gOs V3 but for some reason they wont connect to my wireless internet but windows will so i would rather use windows to connect my PS2 to.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

In Windows, use the Internet Connection Sharing. Here's an article on that in XP:
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/
jrodbrown58

Post by jrodbrown58 »

k, i used the information and website u gave me and it works... well sorta, its goes through the connecting stage but then times out on the DNAS authentication and then on codebreaker it wont get any saves bc of this as well.. network error (-603) Connection Timed Out. Im close but no cigar :(
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Well, I quit using Windows a couple years ago. Try looking for more pages on Internet Connection Sharing - use that as the search phrase in google.
cosmito

Post by cosmito »

jrodbrown58 wrote:k, i used the information and website u gave me and it works... well sorta, its goes through the connecting stage but then times out on the DNAS authentication and then on codebreaker it wont get any saves bc of this as well.. network error (-603) Connection Timed Out. Im close but no cigar :(
That is expectable to happen. It's explained over this FAQ:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/915821/42217