CYGWIN: multiple errors. everythin tried

A place to post legitimate, console-related project recruitment or commercial employment opportunities.
DSaphir

CYGWIN: multiple errors. everythin tried

Post by DSaphir »

Hello,

I am trying to install the psptoolchain. I followed a TUTORIAL which was a bit older, nevertheless I got the missing packages for cygwin (without ncurses, even if you install it, psptoolchain do not recognize it). i finally got to the step taht it detects als depends but then, the bash says some is missing: /usr/local/pspdev. Now, how can I get it there? I only unpacked the psptoolchain to /home/username. Are there any DETAILED and CURRENT tutorials or how to's?

thanks^^
Wally

Post by Wally »

Obviously you have no programming experience :P

Please learn / read up on how to use the unix interface

Cheers
PiCkDaT

Post by PiCkDaT »

I dont know if this will work but you have to edit Cygwin.bat

put in

set path=%path%;F:/cygwin/usr/local/pspdev/bin
set PSPDEV=/usr/local/pspdev

above bash --login and change the F: to whatever drive you are using... I've also read you could change a .bash_profile somewhere... you got me on that one though.
Enlighten me, Reveal my fate -- Follow - Breaking Benjamin
DSaphir

Post by DSaphir »

cygwin.bat editing already done.

@Wally4000. obviously you have no real life experience^^
Wally

Post by Wally »

DSaphir wrote:cygwin.bat editing already done.

@Wally4000. obviously you have no real life experience^^
hahaha.. oh. got me there :P

Nah i got plenty of real life experience :)

IMO you'd be better off using the Win 32 native Toolchain OR installing linux..

What are you trying to achieve after installing cygwin
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

To anyone trying to setup the toolkit in Windows - there's 2,000,000,000,000 threads on it already!! Read the *^%*%*% &$^%I& threads already on the site before starting yet another. I suggest that any new threads on setting up the toolkit in Windows be deleted from now on. If they can't be bothered to read the old threads, they don't deserve any help. Unless the person can provide a list of a minimum of 100 threads on installing in Windows that they've read, they should be banned permanently. if they do provide 100 threads, they should be banned for being too stupid to follow what they read. Damned if they do, and damned if they don't. :)

Obviously, I'm not being serious. It just ticks me off when yet another "I can't install the toolkit in Windows! Waaaaaahhhhhh!" thread is created. Seriously - they're like half of all threads on the entire board!
DSaphir

Post by DSaphir »

maybe it requires a detailed description? not erverybody who wnats to develop for the psp has a linux machine ;) and as programmers, you may should now that incompatibility kills your projects. so please give me an advice how I can go on...
Wally

Post by Wally »

J.F. wrote:To anyone trying to setup the toolkit in Windows - there's 2,000,000,000,000 threads on it already!! Read the *^%*%*% &$^%I& threads already on the site before starting yet another. I suggest that any new threads on setting up the toolkit in Windows be deleted from now on. If they can't be bothered to read the old threads, they don't deserve any help. Unless the person can provide a list of a minimum of 100 threads on installing in Windows that they've read, they should be banned permanently. if they do provide 100 threads, they should be banned for being too stupid to follow what they read. Damned if they do, and damned if they don't. :)

Obviously, I'm not being serious. It just ticks me off when yet another "I can't install the toolkit in Windows! Waaaaaahhhhhh!" thread is created. Seriously - they're like half of all threads on the entire board!
Maybe some Stickies are in order J.F :)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

DSaphir wrote:maybe it requires a detailed description? not erverybody who wnats to develop for the psp has a linux machine ;) and as programmers, you may should now that incompatibility kills your projects. so please give me an advice how I can go on...
If you can't figure it out from the 2,000,000,000,000 threads already posted, perhaps you should just use one of the pre-done toolkits for Windows. Heimdall has a pretty up-to-date one here:

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=9812

But you'd know that if you'd bothered to go through even the first page of threads in the PSP forum.