fillrect transparancy and screen as image

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

the underminer

fillrect transparancy and screen as image

Post by the underminer »

One thing that really disappoints me about luaplayer is drawing transparancy. When I do fillrect with a color that has the a(lpha) set to 125 it just blits an opaque rectangle, although I want a 50% transparant rectangle. One solution is using a 50% transparant png image. But this is of course a waste of memory and you need a seperate image for every transparancy value and color. Why doesn't this work? Am I doing something wrong?

Also, it was promised that you could handle the screen image as any other image since v0.20. So it should be possible to blit what's on the screen to another image using

OtherImg:blit(0,0,screen)

When I do this, Only the results of all print, screen:print and screen:fontPrint functioms are blitted to OtherImg. Anyone knows how to do do any of these properly?
Behold! The Underminer got hold of a PSP
Altair

Post by Altair »

yeah i would like to be able to do a transparant fillrect. I have the same problem. I think it's just not possible.

Don't know about the other question. I still use 0.16
the underminer

Post by the underminer »

If you want to do a fully transparant fillrect; you can do that with image:fillRect(0,0,100,200). The 100x200 area will become fully transparant (erased). Pity is that you can't do this for like 50% transparancy
Behold! The Underminer got hold of a PSP