0.20 wlan over secured connection

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

the underminer

0.20 wlan over secured connection

Post by the underminer »

I tested a bit with the wlan test script in luaplayer 0.20 . It seems to not connect to WEP encrypted connections. Is this true? (if so;I think there should be a note in the luaplayer function wiki). Also: my connection doesn't show up in the available network connections list; but the test works fine though. That's odd.
Behold! The Underminer got hold of a PSP
Altair

Post by Altair »

I have a WEP secured connection at my parents and netlib worked overthere.
the underminer

Post by the underminer »

I got confused somewhere. I'll try it again with WEP sometime
nathan42100

Post by nathan42100 »

LuaPlayer connects based on the PSP XMB's saved networks, make sure it is set up correctly in the XMB and test it. If it still doesn't work check your code.
the underminer

not working after all

Post by the underminer »

It seems WEP isn't working after all.
I tried without WEP and it worked fine.
Then I enabled WEP and deleted the connection profile from my psp.
After creating a new profile with WEP I tried again. It didn't work. There was still one profile so that shouldn't be a problem. My connect code loiks like this:

Code: Select all

Wlan.init()
			Wlan.useConnectionConfig(1)--selconfig
			socket, error = Socket.connect("193.227.121.178", 80)
			ConnectionTimer = 0
			while not socket:isConnected() do
				if Controls.read():cross() or ConnectionTimer>150 then 
					screen:fontPrint(ActFont,250,144,"Failed",white)
					screen.flip()
					Abort = 1 
					Wlan.term()
					System.sleep(250)
					Transit(1)
					break 
				end
				ConnectionTimer = ConnectionTimer + 1
				System.sleep(100)
			end
It stays in the loop for ever, so the connection is not established.
I tried both with an ip adress and with a server name (underminer.ikhoefgeen.nl)

Please help, I'm using this code in my game galactic breakout, wich is already released :-(
cools

Post by cools »

underminer - I assume you are using an OE firmware. (and other people with the same problem)

Sometimes when an OE firmware gets installed, it messes with some wlan settings...

There are some potential fixes:
1: Flash a working wlan.prx to your firmware (should work)
2: Try and make a "clean" upgrade to an OE firmware. Do this by getting on a 1.5, setting up wep, and then re-upgrading to an oe (not 100% sure it will work)
3: use Wlan.useConnectionConfig(num + 1), so in your example it would be Wlan.useConnectionConfig(2). (ought to work) (Alatnet found this method, just passing some info)

But to make sure if you need to use the +1 or not, you may need to check the size of wlan.prx (again not sure). I THINK you can read flash0 from lua player (or is it flash1?)

Some people dont have the issue with wep and OE (like me!), while others do.

If anyone gets any of the fixes to work, please post how you did it (what fw's wlan.prx was flashed, how you got a clean upgrade, etc.)

If anyone bricks while trying to flash their firmware with the correct wlan.prx or by not reading flash0 correctly, dont blame me! Remember messing with flash can be dangerous if you dont know what you are doing.
the underminer

Hallelujah!

Post by the underminer »

Man! you're awesome, cools (and alatnet)! The connection + 1 method worked. But how do I know it will work for everyone? For the unsecured connection I needed to use connection (+ 0). I tried the neighbours' unsecured network and it worked too. But still I'm not sure. I'll pass a testversion to my friend, and I guess I will release the next version here on the forum for people to test first. Thanks a lot man!